You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

51 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Does the forum think that Klopp could keep these up?

There are people now convinced they're safe because they have brought in Dyche so based on that alone, yes he could.

I'm not 100% sold on this conviction that Dyche will sort them out. He did really well at Burnley for years with a solid team that had stuck together for years, it was when that team needed changing and he tried to bring in higher calibre players and spending big (for Burnley) fees that they started to lose their identity and start to struggle. 

He needs something from the next couple of games if only to gee up the crowd and start to get points on the board. I think they will get beat narrowly tomorrow and they it's on us to keep them in check, I'm dreading the derby tbh, happier it's at Anfield but this has got massive banana skin written all over it.

59 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's an odd question, because Klopp wouldn't have signed any of these feckless, talentless jamooks. I reckon the answers will depend on whether the poster is currently narked with Klopp or not.

I know it's a context-free question, but I'm interested to know whether Klopp's skillset would include being able to rescue a team in the parlous position Everton find themselves in.  

I think he’s the right manager for them to have a chance, but their lack of goals and the fact they haven’t looked like scoring any isn’t something he’s odds on to fix.

he’ll get them defending better, working harder and “more competitive” and that will be enough for them to get some results and do ok. It’ll depend on how the others around them do whether that’ll be enough to keep them up.

Under Dyche, there’s no way they’d have lost all four of the big games they’ve recently lost to West Ham, Soton, Wolves and Bournemouth, especially in the way they did. So timing is shocking from them really.

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

There are people now convinced they're safe because they have brought in Dyche so based on that alone, yes he could.

I'm not 100% sold on this conviction that Dyche will sort them out. He did really well at Burnley for years with a solid team that had stuck together for years, it was when that team needed changing and he tried to bring in higher calibre players and spending big (for Burnley) fees that they started to lose their identity and start to struggle. 

He needs something from the next couple of games if only to gee up the crowd and start to get points on the board. I think they will get beat narrowly tomorrow and they it's on us to keep them in check, I'm dreading the derby tbh, happier it's at Anfield but this has got massive banana skin written all over it.

Considering they actually played better than us at Goodison and could have easily won the game (we settled for a draw), I would say this is more than a banana skin for us due to their new manager bounce.  

2 hours ago, stringvest said:

I know it's a context-free question, but I'm interested to know whether Klopp's skillset would include being able to rescue a team in the parlous position Everton find themselves in.  

No, but only because he'd deliberately run them into the ground and then laugh maniacally.

57 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Considering they actually played better than us at Goodison and could have easily won the game (we settled for a draw), I would say this is more than a banana skin for us due to their new manager bounce.  

buffy-gif.gif

• Upvote 1

At least the teams around them have tried to improve and not done a Norwich and just been happy getting relegated again. 

Southampton have made some decent additions, Forest have a stronger squad and even Bournemouth have bought some players. Wolves should pull away from the bottom 3 with the amount of players they've bought.

West Ham should be doing far better and Leeds too.

If Everton get a few injuries they don't have the strength in depth for another player to come in and do a job. If any of their forwards get injuries then they are going to struggle. DCL will have his usual spell out as well and they haven't replaced Gordon. 

All they can hope for is a load of mind numbingly boring draws or shithouse 1 nil wins with goals from set pieces. 

if they get beat tomorrow (if?) - then they are probably going to need 23 points from 17 games. So, like 6 wins and 5 draws? Considering they've won 3 games all season, that's some new manager bounce they're hoping for...

I fear for them - I really do. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

At least the teams around them have tried to improve and not done a Norwich and just been happy getting relegated again. 

Southampton have made some decent additions, Forest have a stronger squad and even Bournemouth have bought some players. Wolves should pull away from the bottom 3 with the amount of players they've bought.

West Ham should be doing far better and Leeds too.

If Everton get a few injuries they don't have the strength in depth for another player to come in and do a job. If any of their forwards get injuries then they are going to struggle. DCL will have his usual spell out as well and they haven't replaced Gordon. 

All they can hope for is a load of mind numbingly boring draws or shithouse 1 nil wins with goals from set pieces. 

Well, they'll get some points tomorrow!