You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

yeah the only problem you missed is that he is a smackhead, slight spanner in the works there but other than that decent assesment.

Yeah loads of smackheads are capable of playing in the prem. Is this like Fowler was a beakhead?

I'm sure you know more than Kenny about him and I'm sure Kenny would be willing to spunk away 35m on a smackhead.

Another world class post from you.

So now we don't want the owners to spend money? What the fuck is wrong with people.

What on earth has villa got to do with it? How old is villa? What were the circumstances of his move? The debt situation at the clubs etc etc

No one says we are getting him for veron and kleberson or hargreaves, tosic and ljajic.

I don't know whether the glass is half full or half empty...

On the one hand we're loosing one of the best players in the world, a player that could form a brilliant partnership with Suarez and is finally beginning to get his form over the last few games. I look at the 35 million being mooted for Carroll and think we could have got a proven top player like Dzeko and possibly Adam for that...

but then I think will Suarez and Carroll become our modern day Tosh and Keegan? I look at the two of them and I think these two lads are menacing bastards that won't be poncing around and will genuinely scare teams, particularly at Anfield. I think about Carroll and how impressed he has been this season. A player like Young and possibly late deals for Warnock and Adam, then it's not a bad day for us. Warnock and Kelly as full backs..happy days!!

Alots been mentioned that the price is inflated and it is by probably 15 million, but then I think about how depressing things were last summer when we didn't have a dime to rub together and I think on the whole today looks like it could be a good day!

As has been said.

We should walk away from all of this.

Its insane.

Take our chances with Pacheco and Suarez, let Torres rot.

Sell him in tbe summer.

You want to play a kid next to a lad whose never played in the prem for the rest of the season? Who says we've got no ambition.

Let's have a midfield of Shelvey, Spearing and Coady while we are at it and why did we ever let Ayala go?

Anything over £18m is a disgrace.

Correct

My first reaction when told about the bid was to laugh, I though it was a piss take. £30-35 million, they can't be serious.

I'm stunned Newcastle have rejected it. Aguero's release clause is only £3m higher.

Tony Barrett Times

"Led to believe NUFC are playing for time to find a replacement & aren't after higher bid. Crouch on loan one possibility being explored."

hate the way sky rub there hands with glee saying our bids are rejected!!:telloff:

Correct

My first reaction when told about the bid was to laugh, I though it was a piss take. £30-35 million, they can't be serious.

I'm stunned Newcastle have rejected it. Aguero's release clause is only £3m higher.

It may have been, but he signed a new deal today. I'd imagine its far higher now

This is an absurd amount of money, but we all need to remember one thing.

For years we have been desperate for owners who will back the manager's judgement and pay the price for his number 1 target. How often have we pissed about and ended up with the 3rd choice downgrade for a few million less? If this move happened with our last owners we'd have snapped off Chelsea's hand and not even bothered looking for a replacement. Atleast we are looking to re-invest it before allowing the sale to go through. And even if we all think 35m is too much, If Kenny wants him and thinks he's worth it then thats good enough for me. Fair play to FSG for backing his convictions.

Also, Barret and others now saying the news of NUFC rejecting the 35m bid isn't anything other than them looking for replacements. Playing for time.

You want to play a kid next to a lad whose never played in the prem for the rest of the season? Who says we've got no ambition.

Let's have a midfield of Shelvey, Spearing and Coady while we are at it and why did we ever let Ayala go?

Suarez will be fine.

Do ou want to pay £40million for Andy Carrol?

I was in at £30mill, hes a very good player but £40 is ridiculous and Newcastle are taking the piss.

We should cut the phones, switch off the lights, and go home.

This is an absurd amount of money, but we all need to remember one thing.

For years we have been desperate for owners who will back the manager's judgement and pay the price for his number 1 target. How often have we pissed about and ended up with the 3rd choice downgrade for a few million less? If this move happened with our last owners we'd have snapped off Chelsea's hand and not even bothered looking for a replacement. Atleast we are looking to re-invest it before allowing the sale to go through. And even if we all think 35m is too much, If Kenny wants him and thinks he's worth it then thats good enough for me. Fair play to FSG for backing his convictions.

Also, Barret and others now saying the news of NUFC rejecting the 35m bid isn't anything other than them looking for replacements. Playing for time.

So there is a light in this deluded tunnel of misery.

Cheers for that post.