You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He is mate. He's been to rehab and everything before he came through, since then has been caught with coke in his house. You'lll find out soon enough and I'm sure I'll be thanked for the inside info.

Worst transfer ever.

Lads a smackhead. Sorry to break it to you. Don't talk about class to me when you are made up we signed a smackhead who gets in the paper more for his antics off the pitch than on it thus far. He's still doing well cos he is talented but 90% is in the mind and he is washed up already. On Comolli's head be it as although Kenny may have said he would take him I doubt he's dictating the price of the bids. Soon as Torres put his request in 2 days before the end of the window we should have called it off as the 2nd he did that any replacement price was going to shoot up. Was Roman going to take that into account with his decidedly late bid? NO. Then he can feck off, what good is the Torres money if all the prices have gone up. Fucking the likes of Simoa saw their value change several times after a bid was accepted so we should be able to play that little game too.

Bad mistake if this goes ahead and let all the 'I told you so's' come over after he scores on his debut for us, I'll be doing the same when he's finished in the next 2 -3 years at the top level.

If Carrols a smack head like you said, I think the regular dope tests that ALL players have to undertake would of shown something up by now. He maybe some things but a smackhead I doubt.

I won't generalise here - i'll speak personally. I worshipped Torres, he became one of the best strikers on the planet whilst wearing a Liverpool shirt, and singing his name on the Kop and watching him score goals for fun filled me with happiness i haven't felt since God did his thing here. Now the past 6 months have been tough, i'd pretty much accepted Torres would leave but the reality of it happening and his timing have been much harder to take than i had imagined. Getting the best deal for the club is the important thing here, and spending nearly all of that money on Andy Carroll, for me, maybe a little hasty. We're replacing the best in the business with a guy who at 22 is still being labelled massive potential. Its a risk, and whilst i support Kenny's and the club's decision - i can't help but think we're being taken advantage of here. Carroll is a very good player - but is he £35m good? Im not so sure. Its not about "never being fucking happy" but not wanting the club to be rushed into making a decision that may not hold the value for money that we would like it to be. Ofcourse Torres is the one to blame here but i don't think there's a lot wrong but being optimistic and cautious.

Every transfer is a risk. Carroll is less of a risk than Aguero or Llorente whatever way you look at it, oh and we MADE Torres the best in the world before that he was a young potentially great player that could take that next step.

Carroll has everything that Liverpool have lacked for years and if we can now get the players to get the ball to him and Suarez with the extra 30 odd mill we have then we've played a blinder regardless of the cash.

He who dares wins Rodders.

If this was under G&H we'd be lucky to be gettin Niles Ranger from Newcastle for a third of the price never mind Andy Carroll.

I'd be fucking delighted with the Carroll signing. Granted he is well over priced, but you just have to suck it up when clubs know you are after a player. If eventually we were to swap Torres for Carroll and a winger for the same dough, given that Torres wants away, I'd be well pleased with that.

Sometimes you just have to cough up the dough and break club records. Carroll could well be fucking ace for us. He is good in the air, good on the ground and a real presence up front. I'd be well pleased with that signing. Fuck the money, for too long we have dicked about and missed out on players for a few million here and there. Just get it done, he's a proper centre forward.

Well said. But if its £40million thats royally taking the piss.

Every transfer is a risk. Carroll is less of a risk than Aguero or Llorente whatever way you look at it

Doubt it, Carroll is a nutter off the pitch, he'll have to put some serious effort into getting his head together. Especially with the attention that will be on him if he arrives here. It's a big risk.

Well said. But if its £40million thats royally taking the piss.

Yeah, it is mate, it's over the odds, but if we want Carroll and say Young, then we have to pay the price. When clubs know you have dough, then they don't sell their stars cheaply.

Ultimately if we were to swap Torres for Carroll and Young, plus the addition of Suarez, then we would have similar to our Beardsley, Barnes and Aldridge for not a massive outlay by todays prices and we would have a forward line to be feared for years to come.

Just pay the dough and get them in. A window where Babel and Konchesky have fucked off and we have swapped Torres who wants out for Carroll and Suarez would be OK by me. Getting someone like Young in would be a bonus, if we could.

Handing in the transfer request - at Newcastle's request - is a PR stunt, I suspect. It will deflect some of the fan's anger away from the club, and maybe even save them a few bob...

The whole day has been a PR stunt in my opinion. The bloke on SSN has done well for them. He mentioned how "extremely, extremely reluctant" they were about 4 times in the same sentence.

I'd be fucking delighted with the Carroll signing. Granted he is well over priced, but you just have to suck it up when clubs know you are after a player. If eventually we were to swap Torres for Carroll and a winger for the same dough, given that Torres wants away, I'd be well pleased with that.

Sometimes you just have to cough up the dough and break club records. Carroll could well be fucking ace for us. He is good in the air, good on the ground and a real presence up front. I'd be well pleased with that signing. Fuck the money, for too long we have dicked about and missed out on players for a few million here and there. Just get it done, he's a proper centre forward.

Couldn't agree more. We will have come out of this transfer window stronger despite selling Torres. They've done well.

nice one mate.. carroll adam and suarez were a much better team now even if torres goes.. cant wait for the chelski game.

Maybe, badly disappointed we never got to see Torres with Suarez, but some things just weren't meant to be. Looking forward to seeing Carroll play for us a lot if it goes through, just really concerned about his off the pitch stuff.

I feel a bit like when we signed Pennant but 5 times worse.

I don't think you fully understand the significance of these signings. We're going to have a strikeforce of SUAREZ and CARROLL, with Gerrard supplying balls from midfield. How could anyone possibly be gutted at that? Forget the money, they're not coming out of my pocket. So we should really be grateful we've got owners who want to put us back on the map.

I haven't felt so elated in a transfer window in years. And it's all happened so quickly.

If Carrols a smack head like you said, I think the regular dope tests that ALL players have to undertake would of shown something up by now. He maybe some things but a smackhead I doubt.

It has been shown up though, he went into rehab. Alright he's not a smack hed but a reformed one but of any addiction that is the one you are never free from. Once-always, since then he's had a few lines. Besides which they aren't regularly testing everyone for everything there are loads of ways round it.

Anyway, you'll find out about Andy Carroll soon enough, if it was just down to what he did on the pitch let me say I'd be delighted, I like the way he plays and think he has the talent of a top player, I also think that it's 90% in the head though and he hasn't got it in that place, not in the long term. We won't ever see that money back.

Doubt it, Carroll is a nutter off the pitch, he'll have to put some serious effort into getting his head together. Especially with the attention that will be on him if he arrives here. It's a big risk.

Rather take a risk on Kenny being able to turn someone's attitude around than him teaching them English.