You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Conor Wickham is the better bet. 17 year old lad that's got more potential than Andy Carroll and at a 1/3 of the cost.

I think Carroll, with the right players around him ie Wingers, could be sensational for us. But the fee being reported is absolutely obscene.

For less than what Carroll would cost, you could sign both Lukaku and Wickham.

Not when all we've wanted is to be able to spend this money and more importantly have people who back the manager.

We're just never fucking happy.

I won't generalise here - i'll speak personally. I worshipped Torres, he became one of the best strikers on the planet whilst wearing a Liverpool shirt, and singing his name on the Kop and watching him score goals for fun filled me with happiness i haven't felt since God did his thing here. Now the past 6 months have been tough, i'd pretty much accepted Torres would leave but the reality of it happening and his timing have been much harder to take than i had imagined. Getting the best deal for the club is the important thing here, and spending nearly all of that money on Andy Carroll, for me, maybe a little hasty. We're replacing the best in the business with a guy who at 22 is still being labelled massive potential. Its a risk, and whilst i support Kenny's and the club's decision - i can't help but think we're being taken advantage of here. Carroll is a very good player - but is he £35m good? Im not so sure. Its not about "never being fucking happy" but not wanting the club to be rushed into making a decision that may not hold the value for money that we would like it to be. Ofcourse Torres is the one to blame here but i don't think there's a lot wrong but being optimistic and cautious.

Does that change anything?

I suppose it means Carroll wants to come, but I'd assumed he would anyway. Handing in a transfer request 6 hours before the deadline seems almost totally pointless.

Sweetens the deal for Ashley if Carroll gives up the loyalty bonus he'd get otherwise.

Back to the good old days of liverpool FC when we set british transfer records we went out and got the best and those days has returned.

Don't give me shit about Carroll ain't good enough this lad is a beast he is like a cross between shearer and teddy S in 1 player he will be a legend ! i am 100% sure and with luis omg we gonna rip up the prem.

King kenny we trust !

I'd be fucking delighted with the Carroll signing. Granted he is well over priced, but you just have to suck it up when clubs know you are after a player. If eventually we were to swap Torres for Carroll and a winger for the same dough, given that Torres wants away, I'd be well pleased with that.

Sometimes you just have to cough up the dough and break club records. Carroll could well be fucking ace for us. He is good in the air, good on the ground and a real presence up front. I'd be well pleased with that signing. Fuck the money, for too long we have dicked about and missed out on players for a few million here and there. Just get it done, he's a proper centre forward.