You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ronaldo - £80m

Ibrahimovic - £56.5m

Kaka - £56m

Torres - £50m

Zidane - £45m

Carroll - £40m

Figo - £37m

Crespo - £35.5m

Villa - £34m

Buffon - £32.6m

Robinho - £32.5m

Vieri - £32m

Shevchenko - £31m

Nedved - £30.7m

Send that list around the world and ask them to spot the odd one out :(

I think this transfer is reckless. The lad is a highly rated player and the market is fucked up i agree but hes only really had half a season in the top flight and is not worth the risk of spending all that money. It seems a panic buy which we have been forced into by Nando but id rather not buy anyone than someone who will eat up alot of our transfer budget and not able to afford a better alternative in the summer because we spent 35m on a striker already.

One thing's for sure, Terry won't have it easy if he thinks he can have it easy bullying Suarez on Sunday. Carroll is overpriced here, no doubt, but he can be a fucking beast for us with Suarez the little terrier playing off him.

I am fucking shattered though, from despair to anger to defiance to optimism (but still devastated that we are losing Nando)

Suarez, Carroll, Gerrard, Meireles, Carra, Reina. Is that spine of the team really that shit without Torres?

I think it could be a great deal if he stays long term.Torres has been missing too many games with injuries and if Carroll can get 20 goals a year and Suarez get similar we are better off overall.

Say he is here 10 years that money may seem a great deal.

You sign a player at 27 and pay 15ml you need another 3 /4 years later.

It is a big risk but all big transfers are.

Ronaldo - £80m

Ibrahimovic - £56.5m

Kaka - £56m

Torres - £50m

Zidane - £45m

Carroll - £40m

Figo - £37m

Crespo - £35.5m

Villa - £34m

Buffon - £32.6m

Robinho - £32.5m

Vieri - £32m

Shevchenko - £31m

Nedved - £30.7m

Is it Ibrahimovic? Seeing as he's mega shit?

Ronaldo - £80m

Ibrahimovic - £56.5m

Kaka - £56m

Torres - £50m

Zidane - £45m

Carroll - £40m

Figo - £37m

Crespo - £35.5m

Villa - £34m

Buffon - £32.6m

Robinho - £32.5m

Vieri - £32m

Shevchenko - £31m

Nedved - £30.7m

Rather spend that on not knowing what Carroll will bring than spend it on Shevchenko as Chelsea did or Robinho as City did.

The player's name or what they did or can do elsewhere means nothing. What they do HERE is what matters.

Despite my reservations about Carroll,it shows that the owners are prepared to spend real money on players they want and young players too.

Suarez is on a 5 or 6 year deal,which is really good business too.

And Adam is only mid twenties too.

Sorry not to see Torres and Suarez play together but it was not to be.

Hate that we've sold him to another English team though!

I feel genuinely embarrassed.

Our executives must be sat in the Anfield car park huddled round a huge bag with "Free Money" written on it: anyone else want some? We're giving it away.

Here, have 12m. You want 23? Oh, alright. Hold out your hands...

You, there, fat idiot in the Newcastle shirt, you want 30m? No, you want more? Here, grab what you can.

I feel genuinely embarrassed.

Our executives must be sat in the Anfield car park huddled round a huge bag with "Free Money" written on it: anyone else want some? We're giving it away.

Here, have 12m. You want 23? Oh, alright. Hold out your hands...

You, there, fat idiot in the Newcastle shirt, you want 30m? No, you want more? Here, grab what you can.

United, Chelsea, Madrid and Barca have been getting shafted like this for years. Look where it got them!