You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Too good to be relegated?

StevieH

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is too good to be relegated. When I look at the table now, I can't name a single fixture that we could say was a fairly guaranteed 3 points. Under this manager I doubt we will win more than three away from home and perhaps 8 at home. That will give us 33 points plus a number of draws.

We have acquired Fulham's manager, and Fulham's ambitions.

If we could still get 40-50 million for Torres I'd sell him in a heartbeat. He's lost something and I don't see it coming back. I'd be very surprised if he's still here next summer.

Really hope you are wrong but can't help thinking you may be right. I think he needs a complete break from football, physically and mentally.

If we don't sack Roy we will go down.

Defo.

Been saying this since he was appointed.

I backed Blackpool today at 9/1 totally confident i would pick up.

The man is a disaster area.

Hes already completely rattled.

I can see us losing every game until he is fired.

Its a perfect opportunity for Thommo in my view, as Kenny wont be allowed.

We won't be relegated, ffs if we'd won today we'd be nearly top four, tbh it's been a very strange compact league so far , bar Chelsea obviously, if we don't change owners I can see a serious head dropping only then would I be worried we'd be anywhere near that end at end of season

Good God! Talk about polishing a turd!

We are shit and shit teams get relegated.

We need to get out of this and get out of it quick sharp.

If we get stuck in the mire I can see us struggling. We dont have the stomach for a relegation dog fight if you ask me.

The squad is good enough to be doing much better than it is, I believed it under Rafa and I believe it now.

Roy might just be the wrong appointment.

You can look at the league table today in isolation without thinking of the shambolic nature of the teams performances or considering the general mood around the club or the fact that we have no money to positively effect the situation and that we have a board that has absolutely no ambition and shows absolutely nothing in the way of leadership or know how and think 'nah, we still wont get relegated'.

For the bluenoses to put us bottom Wolves and West Ham have to draw and we have to get stuffed by 5 or more. Odds?

I think civil war has now broken out all over and the next two weeks are the most important I can remember in the history of our club. Not sure what the world will look like in two weeks time.

If Hodgson remains it's a possibility, however i remain confident he'll be gone before Christmas.

Does that mean you want us to lose games Paul when you say you are confident he will be gone? If you had worded it you are ''sure'' he would be gone by Christmas the post may not have come across how I am reading it. Apologies if I am wrong.

We won't be relegated, ffs if we'd won today we'd be nearly top four...

I think we have to stop this 'if we'd won we'd...' mindset.

Two weeks ago people were banging on about how hard the opening fixtures were and how we now had two easy games we'd collect six points from - Sunderland and Blackpool at home. And we collected a single point from the easy six on offer. We need to just concentrate on the winning, not the places in the table.

Having said that I agree that we won't face relegation, but I don't see us finishing in the top seven if we continue to use the tactics that we've employed so far. And seventh was my guess for this season's finish.