You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Big Bang Theory

Steve Holt

It really is absolutely awful, it's not funny or clever at all it's just dumb.

I honestly have no idea where the laughs are supposed to be without the laugh track.

[YOUTUBE]q_iEY9pSHT0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]vfFd_wOQsGQ[/YOUTUBE]

Are there any good shows with a laugh track these days? It's pretty much the sign of a shit show which millions of dummies will love because they don't have to think about the joke they can just laugh when told to.

Are there any good shows with a laugh track these days? It's pretty much the sign of a shit show which millions of dummies will love because they don't have to think about the joke they can just laugh when told to.

Laughter tracks died out in the UK but still used alot in the US.

I like the show.

Laughter tracks died out in the UK but still used alot in the US.

I like the show.

Only by crap shows, none of the funny ones use a laugh track. Crap shows like Big Bangs, Two and a half Men, um I don't know the names of the rest because they don't deserve to be knows but I've seen the ads.

I love these youtube videos where they take out the laugh track because it shows so clearly how weak all the jokes are, they just aren't funny but a laugh track fools a lot of people into thinking they are, it's like cheating.

[YOUTUBE]5Axm-6oyJCo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Only by crap shows, none of the funny ones use a laugh track. Crap shows like Big Bangs, Two and a half Men, um I don't know the names of the rest because they don't deserve to be knows but I've seen the ads.

I love these youtube videos where they take out the laugh track because it shows so clearly how weak all the jokes are, they just aren't funny but a laugh track fools a lot of people into thinking they are, it's like cheating.

[YOUTUBE]5Axm-6oyJCo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I don't get that worked up by it, they're formulaic sure but I'll happily sit and watch it without thinking it's not as clever as the office or Brass Eye.

I like it dont really notice the laughter track. The US does produce some good shows without laughter track like the excellent 30 Rock

30 Rock, The Office, Curb

All were overlooked in favour of that big bang shite for the emmy. Now I know people that like that show, ashamedly, but I don't know anyone who rates it higher than those others.

There's also Modern Family which is terrific.

All were overlooked in favour of that big bang shite for the emmy. Now I know people that like that show, ashamedly, but I don't know anyone who rates it higher than those others.

The Office and Modern Family are mockumentaries (even if they are glossier thand the mockumentary style over here) so you wouldn't get a laughter track on them anyway.

0IT'S FUCKING SHITTTTTTT.

"Oh look at us we're quirky nerds and guess what we're rubbish at talking to women. Hang on a second there's a hot one just across the hall and what do you know she wants to hang out with us UhOh let the hi-jinx begin".

It's so cheap unoriginal and obvious, you would think a show about smart people would at least be clever but no it's dumb and that's why it's so popular in the US dumb people love dumb shows and hey you don't even need to know where to laugh.

It's the kind of show Gervais and Merchant made fun of in Extras with that When the whistle blows thing.

[YOUTUBE]0KX9alvBit8[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Rex Banner

Guest The Chimp

I really like it (for what it's worth). I also like "Two and a Half Men". I also like "The (That?) 70s Show" and think the following lady is simply quite lovely.

Laura_Prepon5.jpg

Modern Family won the Emmy for best comedy show which i was pleased about plus the guy who plays Cameron won best supporting actor.

I find parts of this funny, this was just the first random vid of TBBT I found

I didn't always laugh when the canned laughter did but I did laugh at:

"in which I am not an expert "

"What's wrong Lassie , Timmy fall down the Well?"

"Dr Sheldon Cooper for the win."

3 laughs in 2 minutes, not bad going really.

I don't like Curb or the office because cringeworthy comedy doesn't do much for me personally.

The thing with the Office, Modern Family or Curb is that they're creating an illusion of reality and therefore a laugh track would be completely inappropriate. They're also comedies which are scripted differently so you're relying on subtle humour, whereas the Big Bang Theory delivers a more punchline style of comedy.

I actually like BBT. It's not my favourite comedy and it took me a while to get in to it, but it's got some good moments. I also like the fact that a lot of the jokes are rooted in scientific theory: it's not something I understand, but it's filling a niche, it's interesting, and the analogies are usually well executed. It's leagues ahead of Two and a Half-Men, How I Met Your Mother and most of the other tired tripe that comes out of the states these days.