You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel president Shimon Peres accuses Britain of pro-Arab bias

JER

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Hey Zonko, I was just curious if you thought that Holocaust revisionism site was still a "good read"?

I know what they say about curiosity, but inquiring minds want to know, and all that!

Say what you will about Stronts, but he gives an elephant a run for its money in the memory stakes.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Strontium said:

Hey Zonko, I was just curious if you thought that Holocaust revisionism site was still a "good read"?

I know what they say about curiosity, but inquiring minds want to know, and all that!

You'll have to elaborate because that link is completely dead. It's also not a "Holocaust revisionism site" - it hosts many articles with opposing viewpoints which people can take or leave. You ask the US, UK or Russia who defeated the Nazis and stopped WW2 and you'll find they all think they did without help from the others. The Victor's write history as we well know. That site challenges that type of thing. So without context you're just shit-stirring, as usual. Specifically link that dead link to anything Holocaust related or go fuck yourself, Mr Clever.

Anything to say on this?

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/the-other-tribe-israels-russian-speaking-community-and-how-it-is-changing-the-country/

If you're unable to comprehend that article then I'll summarise it for you: the influx of Russians; their inherent biases against Arabs, their lack of respect for international law, and their natural right-wing nature, has shaped Israel into what it is today. You can try re-write history all you like, but the genesis (hehe) of Israel’s most right-wing, murderous government, lies in the lands of the former USSR and all its various incarnations of Empire.

TL:DR - Russian influence has been tragically bad for Israel, and in turn the Palestinians.

Screenshot_20231110_083145_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 10/11/2023 at 08:30, ZonkoVille77 said:

You'll have to elaborate because that link is completely dead. It's also not a "Holocaust revisionism site" - it hosts many articles with opposing viewpoints which people can take or leave. You ask the US, UK or Russia who defeated the Nazis and stopped WW2 and you'll find they all think they did without help from the others. The Victor's write history as we well know. That site challenges that type of thing. So without context you're just shit-stirring, as usual. Specifically link that dead link to anything Holocaust related or go fuck yourself, Mr Clever.

Well, let us first address the claim that it's "not a Holocaust revisionism site". This is the front page of VHO.org as it was 5 minutes ago:

VHO.png

This is an awful lot of mentions of the Holocaust and revisionism for something that isn't a Holocaust revisionism site.

I suppose we're lucky that the site is still around at all, evidently they haven't got around to adding the contents to the CODOH website, as it says at the bottom of the page. CODOH of course being the "Committee for Open Debate on the Holocaust", whose aim is to provide a "forum to those who contest the orthodox Holocaust narrative".

Still, it was a dead link, but fortunately the Internet Archive has saved the day there.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140814045930/http://vho.org/aaargh/fran/livres/RGfounding.pdf

A document entitled "The Founding Myths of Israeli Politics", one of which is apparently "The Myth of the Holocaust".

All this being the case, I'm afraid I won't be fucking myself, and I'd like an answer to my original question: which part of this was a "good read"?

Maybe a stupid question but what is the deal with Holocaust denial? I mean if you hate Israel or Jews, you can do that and still recognise the Holocaust happened. What is achieved by engaging in this nonsense? What is the end game for the deniers?

29 minutes ago, A Red said:

Recommending Holocaust denial sites as a good read. This is a wind up, someone has got the wrong end of the stick. Hopefully.

It's okay, I've been negged for complaining about it, all is right with the world.

And people said that Baddiel's book was bollocks...

15 hours ago, No2 said:

Maybe a stupid question but what is the deal with Holocaust denial? I mean if you hate Israel or Jews, you can do that and still recognise the Holocaust happened. What is achieved by engaging in this nonsense? What is the end game for the deniers?

its like something that would happen post covid

16 hours ago, No2 said:

It’s always baffled me that as well. There is irrefutable evidence that it happened. Some right fucking cranks out there. 

47 minutes ago, Strontium said:

It's okay, I've been negged for complaining about it, all is right with the world.

And people said that Baddiel's book was bollocks...

I negged you for your sanctimonious, patronising response.

I thought you didn't want your negs/reps talked about but here you are bringing them up.

3 minutes ago, Carradona said:

I negged you for your sanctimonious, patronising response.

I thought you didn't want your negs/reps talked about but here you are bringing them up.

You got that response for your specious attack upon me, of course.

Very telling that when confronted with a person posting Holocaust revisionism, of all things, you ignore that, and instead attack the person complaining about it.

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

You got that response for your specious attack upon me, of course.

Very telling that when confronted with a person posting Holocaust revisionism, of all things, you ignore that, and instead attack the person complaining about it.

I think it's insane to deny the Holocaust, genuinely baffling. 

I've ready plenty of books about it, I've visited the Auschwitz murder camps and can clearly say it's the most despicable event in modern history. I dont know how anyone can visit the blocks in Birkenau (with kids drawings still visible on the walls) or gas chamber sites and not come away genuinely haunted by the experience. I know I was.

I'm anti-murder of all innocent civilians, and I hope that comes across in the posts you regularly neg over on the Isael thread.

• Like 1

I put the Islamaphobic, racist, cowardly, shit-stirring, sneaky fucking Russian loving cunt on ignore as its best for all involved. So I didn't see his reply to me and I wasn't going to bother with this post but here it is.

Few things:

1 - I can't even remember posting that now dead link. I do remember reading it but couldn't quote it if my life depended on it. I think it was banned, and if it diminished the Holocaust then rightly so. Still, even banned books contain interesting chapters. Know your enemy etc. Do I agree with it? No. Are parts of it horrific? Yes. Do I think Holocaust revisionism should be subjected to laws? Yes. I've twice visited Auschwitz, I've been to Anne Frank's house, and would never want that dark period foisted upon humanity again. Hence my reasons for backing the Palestinian cause. Sad to see people never learn from history.

I'll give you that one, Stronts - I'm wiser now and would never even try link something similar.Hindsight is great. It was a bad day at the office, I've made a mistake.

2 - If I've offended anyone by posting that link, name a charity and I'll donate to it. 

3- You'd think that Liverpool fans would know all about being labelled "victims", yet here we have the dog fucker acting the victim at every given opportunity. See, sad cunts never learn.

4 - The ignore function is very useful for shutting out the Islamaphobic, racist types. I'd recommend it.

Peace out.

Free Palestine. 

10 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I put the Islamaphobic, racist, cowardly, shit-stirring, sneaky fucking Russian loving cunt on ignore as its best for all involved. So I didn't see his reply to me and I wasn't going to bother with this post but here it is.

Few things:

1 - I can't even remember posting that now dead link. I do remember reading it but couldn't quote it if my life depended on it. I think it was banned, and if it diminished the Holocaust then rightly so. Still, even banned books contain interesting chapters. Know your enemy etc. Do I agree with it? No. Are parts of it horrific? Yes. Do I think Holocaust revisionism should be subjected to laws? Yes. I've twice visited Auschwitz, I've been to Anne Frank's house, and would never want that dark period foisted upon humanity again. Hence my reasons for backing the Palestinian cause. Sad to see people never learn from history.

I'll give you that one, Stronts - I'm wiser now and would never even try link something similar.Hindsight is great. It was a bad day at the office, I've made a mistake.

2 - If I've offended anyone by posting that link, name a charity and I'll donate to it. 

3- You'd think that Liverpool fans would know all about being labelled "victims", yet here we have the dog fucker acting the victim at every given opportunity. See, sad cunts never learn.

4 - The ignore function is very useful for shutting out the Islamaphobic, racist types. I'd recommend it.

Peace out.

Free Palestine. 

I see you skipped the "How to write an apology" class.

Anyway £1,000 to ShelterBox would enable me to get over it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I can respect that.

My memory's so bad I often get the feeling I dislike someone for something, but can never recall why.

I remember someone called me a knobhead in the pub once, it was one of two people and I didn't know which so never spoke to either of them again.

• Haha 1