You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely this is Cadel's year, time to step it up and move from perennial contender to winner.

Having said that he'll probably lose by 5 seconds and finish second or third like usual.

This year though I think he has that extra fight and a good enough team to get him the win.

Surely this is Cadel's year, time to step it up and move from perennial contender to winner.

Having said that he'll probably lose by 5 seconds and finish second or third like usual.

This year though I think he has that extra fight and a good enough team to get him the win.

I think this is his year. He has the team he's always needed and he's holding a good position so far.

But yeah...second or third. He'll flinch.

Great to see the most attacking riders in the three Jerseys. Tommy Voeckler is fantastic, and fully justifying the invite to Europcar. Phillipe Gilbert bringing his classics form to the tour and Hoogeland tremendous value; seems like every race he is in the breakaway.

Plenty left in the tank for Contador. The pyrennean stages will be good especially Tourmalet and Luz Ardiden on bastille day. Even more suited to Bertie is the Angel, Izoard and Galibier in the same day on stage 18. I rode the Galibier via Lautaret in May and the altitude on top of the really big climbs is a killer. Its hard to describe but I did a bunch of cols at about 2000m and thought my form was pretty good. The Galibier isnt even that steep for most of the climb but the last couple of kms when it gets above 2500m and the gradient kicks up to nearly 10% were by far the hardest part of the week. Much tougher than the 14% ramps at the foot of Alpe D'Huez.

Not sure about Cadel; Wiggins put some time into him on the climbs in the Dauphine. Maybe he was just using it as a training run but he's not shown anything like the same form as Contador did in the recent Giro.

Not sure Evans has what it takes to stick with the Schlecks and Contador for every day in the mountains. Especially as Contador will have to attack. Still you never know, but I think the best he can do will be 3rd or 4th.

I'm going for Andy Schleck I think. He can match Contador up the mountains and has just enough in hand for the time trial.

Not sure Evans has what it takes to stick with the Schlecks and Contador for every day in the mountains. Especially as Contador will have to attack. Still you never know, but I think the best he can do will be 3rd or 4th.

I'm going for Andy Schleck I think. He can match Contador up the mountains and has just enough in hand for the time trial.

Evans doesn't stand a chance up the toughest mountains, but he can close the gap in the time trial, although he would normally be too far behind. I think Andy Schleck has a much better chance to win it this year as long as his brother Fränk stays in the race. Plus he's been improving his time trials this season so he's not that far behind the other yellow jersey contenders as he's been before. And of course the fact that Contador did race in the Giro d'Itali while Schleck didn't.

Is this still called the Tour De France or Death Race 2011?

It's no fun when other riders take you out but for the camera car to get involved is fucking mental. Only thing left is to have snipers on roof tops trying to take the riders out in the last 5k "just for a laugh"