You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

you don't need evidence

Yeah, I figured as much.

You're a coward who spends his time on damage limitation on things he knows are wrong. It's bizarre.

Damage limitation? No, I don't think that would even be possible, even if I wanted to. Ideological opponents of the government are impervious to reasoned argument. I've got better things to do with my time than waste it on lost causes. My only interest is in setting the record straight, I will do that irrespective of who or what you perceive it to be a defence of. I will defend Lib, Tory, Lab, Green, SNP, Plaid, Standing at the Back Dressed Stupidly and Looking Stupid Party, anyone at all if I think they are being misrepresented.

I can't even be arsed moaning about this lot anymore. It's about as pointless as moaning about having AIDS. The Tories are country AIDS. Middle England took my johnny off two years ago and, at best, I can look forward to between 15-20 years of running a fruit and veg stall before things take their toll.

Yep, oh and SD, I love you to bits mate but stop with this trippling tuition fees shite, It's a bit like arguing that the murderer didn't shoot you 9 times, it was only 7, just stop it.

The most annoying thing is that I bet if I google SD's comments on his Lib Dem forum he'll be pissing and moaning, saying things he doesn't say here. Here it's pretty much all just party political bullshit.

Unfortunately my usual political forum is currently down.

Lib Dem Voice forum is closed to non-members, but if you present me with a list of topics I'll provide you with a verbatim quote of anything I've written on the topic.

Yeah, I figured as much.

Well of course you figured as much you silly little man. What are you expecting? A YouTube video of a private meeting between a senior police officer and a member of the government where they discuss it? It's a toxic policy they aren't going to leave a paper trail or make a big noise about it, if it can be avoided. Stop pretending that you don't know that.

That's before I even suggest that even if it was a rogue action (on behalf of the whole force) the government, as, you know, a government, could step in and decide that investigating crime shouldn't be privatised, because it's a bit mental, and, you know, stop it.

Why expend all this effort trying to make out the government has no say in whether people are locked up for profit? It's just daft.

Just tell it as it is. The Tories want it and we would lose too much political capital by standing in the way so we're going to let it happen.

The rich will always utilise ways and mean to avoid tax, that will never change. I wonder how many Philip Greens have left these shores for places with a lower tax burden over the last 100 years?

The pragmatic approach is that the UK would rather Philip Green was here paying some tax, than somewhere else paying no tax.

The rich will always utilise ways and mean to avoid tax, that will never change. I wonder how many Philip Greens have left these shores for places with a lower tax burden over the last 100 years?

The pragmatic approach is that the UK would rather Philip Green was here paying some tax, than somewhere else paying no tax.

I wouldn't, I'd rather he was somewhere else paying no tax. Principles are principles and they trickle down - even if the economics don't - especially when you give odious cunts like this legitimacy by allowing them to conduct efficiency reviews of Government spending policy.

Tolerating this shit is why we had a political class that saw nothing wrong with using taxpayers' money to make personal profit via the expenses system.

This is what we mean by the international superclass. We've built this global framework where they can basically hold us all over a barrel otherwise they threaten to fuck off. Let them then, let the Chinese buy his shitty kecks. Give the shop space he vacates to small businesses, give them loans from banks which were bailed out by the taxpayer. Our message should be - if you don't want to be part of this country and its success, then we don't want you here and we'll open our door to anyone who does want to be part of its future stability. People like Green are a moral cancer which need cutting out.

That's not pragmatic. It's stupid. If Phillip Green doesn't want to pay 20% tax to sell clothes and make millions then someone else will.

There is money to be made, someone will make it.

Let's see him go and earn £50 profit on jeans selling them to people in Africa. Access to the UK market is something you can make people pay tax for. If you want to.

SD, there have been a number of topics here where you've stated something only to be pulled up on it and then responded along the lines of 'stop it, you know what I mean, you're just nitpicking' yet you're now doing it arguing that the yellow cowards haven't allowed a more or less tripling of tuition fees.

Every day is Budget day with these cunts. Money is all they are fucking interested in. Knock down Stonehenge, concrete it over and lease it for free for a Million years to a Japanese car maker as long as it creates 5 job and stimulates competition.

Hey, guess what Cameron, we dont want fucking competition, we just want someone, anyone, to do their fucking job properly and make services work in the first place you cunt.

There are some places that bastards with pound signs in their eyes shouldnt be allowed near.

It was the usual Tory budget.Identify those who will derfinitely vote for them and make sure they are all right. Make sure those who donated Millions to party funds get their share back and then finally identify those who might vote for them if you can hoodwink them into thinking they are a few quid better off directly. As for any and everyone else, fuck them.

Keeping power for the sake of power. No interest in any kind of health, education and social welfare reform. Look after your own, same as every Tory budget and Government.

50 fucking Milliuon quid to bring superfast broadband to a few cities. Yeah because it is worth spending that to reduce the time it takes to load up a page after clicking it from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.

Public money spent on bringing better Mobile Phone reception to rural areas, ace. Now here's a thought Cameron you fucking shitstick, why dont the fucking companies who make fucking billions of pounds profits each year from Broadband and Mobile Phones foot the fucking bill for increased coverage, since gthey are the cunts who will be profiting from it?

Oh yeah, I think I may already know the answer to that.

I fucking love being told by Multi Millionaires that I should be grateful for being 170 quid better off per YEAR in Direct Taxes whilst then being fucking raped at the tills to the tune of being over 500 quid worse off indirectly.

Stick your fucking choice and your competition up your arse, Lord Ashcrofts arse and Thatchers fucking sitty old arse.

Cunts.

So we under this 'central' government we have

Privatised NHS

Trippling of student tuition fees

20% Vat - (VAT was 7.5% when Thatcher was elected)

Free slave labour being used by Tescos and McDonalds

People with terminal cancer being told they have to work for free if they have more than 6 months left to live

School funding being cut, yet billions found for Michael Gove's free school program

And still Philip Green doesn't have to pay his taxes

Is this still most the progressive government in history?

And none of this shit was in the manifestos of the tories or the libs, none of it has been endorsed, there is no political mandate, but the cunts just go ahead and force this shit on us anyway.

Every day is Budget day with these cunts. Money is all they are fucking interested in. Knock down Stonehenge, concrete it over and lease it for free for a Million years to a Japanese car maker as long as it creates 5 job and stimulates competition.

Hey, guess what Cameron, we dont want fucking competition, we just want someone, anyone, to do their fucking job properly and make services work in the first place you cunt.

There are some places that bastards with pound signs in their eyes shouldnt be allowed near.

It was the usual Tory budget.Identify those who will derfinitely vote for them and make sure they are all right. Make sure those who donated Millions to party funds get their share back and then finally identify those who might vote for them if you can hoodwink them into thinking they are a few quid better off directly. As for any and everyone else, fuck them.

Keeping power for the sake of power. No interest in any kind of health, education and social welfare reform. Look after your own, same as every Tory budget and Government.

50 fucking Milliuon quid to bring superfast broadband to a few cities. Yeah because it is worth spending that to reduce the time it takes to load up a page after clicking it from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.

Public money spent on bringing better Mobile Phone reception to rural areas, ace. Now here's a thought Cameron you fucking shitstick, why dont the fucking companies who make fucking billions of pounds profits each year from Broadband and Mobile Phones foot the fucking bill for increased coverage, since gthey are the cunts who will be profiting from it?

I fucking love being told by Multi Millionaires that I should be grateful for being 170 quid better off per YEAR in Direct Taxes whilst then being fucking raped at the tills to the tune of being over 500 quid worse off indirectly.

Stick your fucking choice and your competition up your arse, Lord Ashcrofts arse and Thatchers fucking sitty old arse.

Cunts.

Top rantage Sir

I can't even be arsed moaning about this lot anymore. It's about as pointless as moaning about having AIDS. The Tories are country AIDS. Middle England took my johnny off two years ago and, at best, I can look forward to between 15-20 years of running a fruit and veg stall before things take their toll.

Genius

Cunts.

Correctamudo.

We are not economically viable.

You're seriously using David Cameron to back up your arguments now? You, and he, are wrong.

Ye but you seem to be ignoring the anti-Tory VAT campaign your party ran pre-election. I wonder why you were against said 'progressive' taxation then but not now. Also, when I said that the poorest tenth pay double the richest tenth in relation to percentage of income, I was taking that from a graph within the IFS report you refer to. A quick google search reveals other studies labelling it as a "piece of political dogma, seriously flawed, etc". The idea that flat-rate taxation somehow ends up being progressive is bonkers.

Burden should fall on those with the most character, says Osborn

OLD people must bear the burden of the top rate tax cut because they are so good at it, George Osborne has insisted.

The chancellor said he took money from OAPs and give it to millionaires because they are always going on about how they can cope with hardship so much better than the younger generation.

Defending his weird, asocial Budget, Mr Osborne said: "At a time of sacrifice, it is only right that those sacrifices are made by people with lots of practice.

"It would be unfair to expect the shallow, vapid rich or bubble-wrapped middle class professionals under 50 to suddenly develop some character.

"If I had increased taxes for wealthy, spineless people they would be crying in the street and embarrassing everyone.

"Older people have been wise enough to build-up valuable reserves of fortitude so that they now have the decency to weep in the privacy of their own home."

He added: "Meanwhile, poor people are wonderful characters who shake off their misfortune with a joke and a dirty song. I could make life a lot easier for them but I would be hacking away at the very foundations of British folk music."

Margaret Gerving, a retired headmistress from Guildford, said: "Personal allowances? I shit 'em. You'll have to do better than that you pointless little fart."

Mr Osborne said he will tax rich people when they stop consoling themselves with luxury goods every time they feel a bit sad.

oldladyx.jpg

'Go on, punch me in the stomach'

The lack of a movement from within all political parties towards a social justice really pisses me off.

There used to be quite a few liberal and even some tories that realised that enough was enough and hitting the poorest in society had to stop somewhere.That doesnt even seem to apply now its open season on the poorest members of society.

The Labour rank and file continue to disgust me by propping up a leader who is easily the most feeble and toothless since Michael Foot or maybe even before.

Can anyone find me a vid of the queen's diamond jubilee speech where it gives a closeup of Miliband and Cameron standing up together and smiling at each other? I'd love to show it to you lot - it just capsures so much of where we're at now in this country. I just can't find the fucking thing.

To be fair the BMA have been calling for a minimum price on alchohol to resrict binge drinking for years. It was only rejected in Scotland due to political point scoring/prevarication by Labour. Which was a joke as every health professional/ a good chunk of the population wanted the bill to pass as in essence it was really targeted at alcholics and underage teens to prevent them buying absolute rubbish.

This is a government that does not agree with Government regulation though! This is a government that does not believe in Government intervention and red tape.

But, we will control the minimum price of Alcohol. Where is the free market neo liberalism there then?

I don't drink Alcohol so it won't effect me, but you don't change behaviour by pricing changes.

This is a government that does not agree with Government regulation though! This is a government that does not believe in Government intervention and red tape.

But, we will control the minimum price of Alcohol. Where is the free market neo liberalism there then? I don't drink Alcohol so it won't effect me, but you don't change behaviour by pricing changes.

That's absolutely their m.o though. They're not interested in combating the root causes, they're only interested in trying to smother the symptoms - they'll do that either with force, tougher policing, the courts etc - or through using your own inability to pay against you. Labour were like that to an extent, they wanted to use road and bridge tolling to actively discourage people from driving, but that meant only those who were wealthy enough would be able to use the roads.