You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

20 minutes ago, A Red said:

Going to the front door means going from the old part to new part of our house, which for me requires ducking slightly. Not a problem, I'm used to it. She has now put a "mind your head sign" which now means every time I walk through I hit it with my head.

Dont say you werent warned.

• Upvote 3

There needs to be a clause in the, "Do you want anything to drink?" which stipulates that anything that takes longer to make than the drink I am making is not eligible. 

Every time I go to get a glass or water I get stuck making a cup of tea.  This means my 30 second round trip to hydrate my body becomes a 5 minute, multistep epic of filling the kettle, turning it on, mug out, tea bag in mug, wait for kettle to boil, pour water in the mug, wait appropriate brewing time, remove tea bag, go to fridge, get milk out, pour milk, stir tea, put milk away.  All I was going to do was to turn the tap on, fill a glass and drink it. 

It's the same with alcohol.  I'll go and get myself a beer and end up having to make a G&T with garnishes or a rum and coke with crushed lime.  

I'm calling it lads, I'm just not going to offer anymore. 

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Janet Street porter on telly going on about men not being able to multi task, been hearing that for years, is that like when thick people claim clever people "have no common sense"?

Must have missed the bit where all helicopter pilots are women and men just stand on the ground marvelling at them saying "wow, wish I could move my hands, eyes and feet at the same time."

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Janet Street porter on telly going on about men not being able to multi task, been hearing that for years, is that like when thick people claim clever people "have no common sense"?

Must have missed the bit where all helicopter pilots are women and men just stand on the ground marvelling at them saying "wow, wish I could move my hands, eyes and feet at the same time."

Given all the strides for equality, it's still perfectly okay to slate blokes on live TV.

Ugly, horse mouth cunt.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Ironically parroting the tired "men can't multitask" stereotype in an attempt to get laughs does nothing to disprove the "women aren't funny" stereotype.

I could prove them wrong live in the Loose Women studio by crushing Janet Street-Porters teeth like in American History X whilst simultaneously smashing Coleen Nolan and Stacey Solomans heads off the fucking panel desk and getting a suck off Kelly Brook. 

13 minutes ago, Elite said:

Given all the strides for equality, it's still perfectly okay to slate blokes on live TV.

Ugly, horse mouth cunt.

We have very few comedians these days that look for the line and test it, Frankie Boyle used to wander over with huge strides when he was funny. 

Now if you are looking to get on TV where the money is, you have to stay within some new lines that restrict comedians to very safe subjects that can in no way cause offence to anyone. There are of course exceptions. 

Also generally speaking most people do not give a shit about being stereotyped for their sex, but the ones that do and are very vocal about it tend to be women. 

When it comes to tv shows and adverts then it's also generally easy to avoid all the current pitfalls and future ones yet to be discovered by just targeting men. Mainly because we don't give a shit. 

Watching that Informer on Netflix and someone made a reference to a canary going down a mine when talking about an informant being thrown in with some serious terror suspects so I asked the missus if she knew what the reference meant and she's just gone "Yeah they used to send the canary down first to check the roof wasn't gonna collapse in" 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Watching that Informer on Netflix and someone made a reference to a canary going down a mine when talking about an informant being thrown in with some serious terror suspects so I asked the missus if she knew what the reference meant and she's just gone "Yeah they used to send the canary down first to check the roof wasn't gonna collapse in" 

Naaah, that was the reason they would send down a Miner Bird. 

• 2 weeks later...

On Friday(Week 6) she's only just realised you have to remove the plastic cover on the charger, for her I-watch she got as a prezzy for xmas, for it to charge properly.

She's been secretly suffering in silence with the watch going flat and was building the courage up to ask the kids for the receipt, so she can send it back as it wasn't working properly.

• Upvote 3