You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has anyone done this before?

The Political Compass

A friend put me onto it yesterday and stated "while probably a well thought out test, one thing I noticed doing it was how (sadly) little relevance any of these questions actually has today in the theatre of political debate in western democracies. Most people would fall in the bottom left quadrant however all the world leaders at the opposite end of the spectrum. You do the politics!" I first I agreed with him, but later became unsure when considering the average Joe's political/social views, and not just the views of the people I surround myself with. So, I think it would be interesting to see other people so-called "compass".

Here's some people's;

internationalchart.jpg

axeswithnames.jpg

I'll get things rolling, here's mine;

Economic Left/Right: -7.12

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97

PoliticalCompass.jpg

Score one for libertarian centrism:

Economic Left/Right: 1.38

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26

pcgraphpng.php?ec=1.38&soc=-6.26

I think that's exactly the same as I got last time I took this a year or two ago.

Leftie!

This is me

pcgraphpng.php?ec=2.38&soc=-5.95

C'mon there's got to be some of you more to the right than me

Leftie!

This is me

pcgraphpng.php?ec=2.38&soc=-5.95

C'mon there's got to be some of you more to the right than me

Yeah, probably other women, as they are typically more conservative than men. I think I was naturally born a homosexual, but my bible bashing ma smacked it out of me good and proper.

Edited by Yerma'satexan!

I don't think this test is particularly great, especially on the economic scale.

Judging by the results on here, it either pegs you as some kind of communist, or a right-winger, depending on whether you think corporations are baby-eaters or not.