You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You hate it, but everyone else loves it.

Section_31

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Do people like grapefruit? When I went on blood pressure meds they told me I couldn't eat it any more, like being told you can no longer put deep heat on your piles.

Same with statins.

The enzymes in grapefruit react with the statin and can cause muscle breakdown and kidney problems.

Shame really, I used to like grapefruit plus it's a very good fat burner.

18 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Not hate but fucking hell, David Attenborough, it's been the same old shit since I was about five. Whales farting and the likes. I honestly don't care. 

Thick bastards are always into this stuff too, nailed on Ronnie Kray would have been a huge fan.

You're wrong, of course; the man himself is a hero and his body of work is incredible.

But... in the last few years the programmes have been made barely watchable by being drowned out in shit music. Just show me a wolverine fucking shit up and let me decide how to feel about it.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You're wrong, of course; the man himself is a hero and his body of work is incredible.

But... in the last few years the programmes have been made barely watchable by being drowned out in shit music. Just show me a wolverine fucking shit up and let me decide how to feel about it.

They've become increasingly preachy too.

"This polar bear looks like a tit because he's still white but all the ice has melted."

Fuck you want me to do about it.

Give me Terry Nutkins any day, a man who has literally bled for the cause.

24 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

They've become increasingly preachy too.

"This polar bear looks like a tit because he's still white but all the ice has melted."

Fuck you want me to do about it.

Give me Terry Nutkins any day, a man who has literally bled for the cause.

Two in the pink, one in the stink (The Nutkins diet) 

7 hours ago, Fugitive said:

Does anyone actually like that? It’s like declaring your dislike of being kicked in the bollocks by a horse.

I don't think anyone likes the show, Brendan O'Carroll is an absolute head melter. To be fair to him though, he's made a shit load of money from it, so I won't begrudge him that. Terrible show though..... 

Rugby is one for me. 

I wouldnt class it as, "everyone likes it" but I just can't get into it. 

A bunch of roided up, toffee nose wankers barging into each other, and then the referee calls a penalty for god knows what. No, I can't warm to it. 

Coffee is another funny one. I never liked coffee until fairly recently. But I will admit I only like"good coffee" there's still more cafes I wouldnt drink coffee from that one's I would. More often than not, the shit they serve up just tastes like cigarette Ash 

4 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I don't think anyone likes the show, Brendan O'Carroll is an absolute head melter. To be fair to him though, he's made a shit load of money from it, so I won't begrudge him that. Terrible show though..... 

Rugby is one for me. 

I wouldnt class it as, "everyone likes it" but I just can't get into it. 

A bunch of roided up, toffee nose wankers barging into each other, and then the referee calls a penalty for god knows what. No, I can't warm to it. 

Coffee is another funny one. I never liked coffee until fairly recently. But I will admit I only like"good coffee" there's still more cafes I wouldnt drink coffee from that one's I would. More often than not, the shit they serve up just tastes like cigarette Ash 

I've never liked rugby. I don't like cricket either for that matter. I'd play it as a kid but watching it? fuck that, it bores the arse off me.

I played golf once, just to make up the numbers and I was hopeless at it save one shot off the tee which one of the fellas I was playing with said was just about perfect.

It all went downhill very quickly from there though. Very frustrating. 

Mark Twain was right in saying 'Golf is a good walk spoiled' especially when you're shit at it.

7 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

I've never liked rugby. I don't like cricket either for that matter. I'd play it as a kid but watching it? fuck that, it bores the arse off me.

I played golf once, just to make up the numbers and I was hopeless at it save one shot off the tee which one of the fellas I was playing with said was just about perfect.

Mark Twain was right in saying 'Golf is a good walk spoiled' especially when you're shit at it.

Golf is a thing I'd have no interest in playing, for the simple reason, I don't think I could enjoy being really shit at something, and to get any way half decent where I think I could enjoy it, I simply don't have the time to invest. 

14 hours ago, Total Longo said:

iPhones.

Absolutely, I've never owned one and would never want to own one. The wife had one about 8 or so years back and I had a little mess round with it, thought it was shite.

I hate phones full stop if I'm honest, but you need stuff for work on them (Microsoft and rsa tokens etc), but I wouldn't have an iPhone if offered one for free.

• Upvote 1

On 26/04/2022 at 07:42, Harry's Lad said:

Golf is the white middle class male at his absolute worst. Dress codes, arcane rules, ridiculous made up hierarchies with stupid titles (captain, president etc), designated parking spaces, members only bars etc etc.

Mrs Willard remembers going to her granddad’s club in the 1970s and they had a white line painted on the floor of the bar to denote the area where women could stand. 

I hate golf and everything about it.  

• Upvote 2

On 26/04/2022 at 08:43, DalyanPete said:

Saw it live at the Royal Court before he hit it big. Was quite funny especially the fuckups, then saw it on TV and realised the fuckups are scripted. Stealing a living 

Same here. It helped that everyone in the live audience (myself included) was tanked up and therefore less discerning.

19 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Golf is the white middle class male at his absolute worst. Dress codes, arcane rules, ridiculous made up hierarchies with stupid titles (captain, president etc), designated parking spaces, members only bars etc etc.

Mrs Willard remembers going to her granddad’s club in the 1970s and they had a white line painted on the floor of the bar to denote the area where women could stand. 

I hate golf and everything about it.  

IMG_20220427_124448.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3