You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

I will go and see this inbetween Christmas and New Year when the hype machine has died down and will probably see another film alongside on the same visit just in case it's not as good as the reviews suggest. Although I like Star Wars I was not completely blown away by either Force Awakens or Rogue One (they were OK, like but if they weren't Star Wars I wouldn't have bothered) so I will go in with low expectations rather than high.

If it was a stand alone film not a Star Wars film i would better receive it, but it’s not.

I gotta disagree on the humour side though, some of this was really fun and didn’t take itself too serious. You’re right about Kylo though, he steals the show in this.

Come over to the Star Wars thread noodles and I’ll explain what I mean about the comedy. I don’t want to give anything away in here

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead starring Philip Seymour Hoffman, Marisa Tomei and Ethan Hawke. Nearly two hours long and it's quite a sad film but it's well acted and an original story. Certainly not going to win any smiles and the ending is super-grim. 8/10.

Just watched this.

Very good.

That dorky lad in We're The Millers turned out to be a right nasty fecker.

What is ironic is that all the nasty bastards in the film had a line they were not willing to cross - although it could be argued that their line was a lot further forward than most normal people! - and most damage was done by someone who was just a bit stupid and didn't understand what was happening.

Scary shit.

What is ironic is that all the nasty bastards in the film had a line they were not willing to cross - although it could be argued that their line was a lot further forward than most normal people! - and most damage was done by someone who was just a bit stupid and didn't understand what was happening.

Scary shit.

I was most surprised to see, what appeared to be, a Freemason-like handshake of congratulations at the end of the court case between the acquitted policemen. What on earth could that be suggesting?

Keep it on the low.

Guest Pistonbroke

Mudbound. 8.5/10

Powerful story albeit a bit slow at times. Really like how they tell the story of two families tied through racism and yet certain bonds made by it. Really good Cinematography and solid acting throughout. Certainly worth a watch. 

I was most surprised to see, what appeared to be, a Freemason-like handshake of congratulations at the end of the court case between the acquitted policemen. What on earth could that be suggesting?

Keep it on the low.

I have to admit I didn't notice that. Is it possible they were part of a special group - possibly something like the KKK? I would imagine they would have some kind of identifying behaviour so they know they are dealing with a genuine member?

Cripes.

I'm getting mixed messages. Some people saying it's smazin', others say it sucks.

Surprisingly, the actings really good. It’s the lack of plot and length of film that spoils it. I’d still recommend going to see it but I’m in no rush to see it again like I did with TFA.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi 8.5/10

I enjoyed it immensely, even if things are moving in a different direction to what people expected/what’s happened before.

Solid film, not perfect but a decent 2 and a half hours. About time someone took the series in a slightly different direction. If you’re expecting another rehash like with The Force Awakens you’re in for a disappointment.

Seen it twice now and it got even better on the second viewing.

• Upvote 1

I have to admit I didn't notice that. Is it possible they were part of a special group - possibly something like the KKK? I would imagine they would have some kind of identifying behaviour so they know they are dealing with a genuine member?

It happens very quickly, I paused it and clicked back a few frames and it's definitely one of 'those' handshakes.

Match point - Most of the film involves insufferable upper class wankers going about their lives with the lead character an aspirational Tennis coach (despite the name of the film it has almost nothing to do with Tennis). He's baffling supposed to be from a working class Irish family yet has a middle class/posh English accent, though checking Wikipedia the actor is actually Irish so may be his natural accent (is this a thing?). Anyway, one of the lines of the movie was "who was better, Agassi or Henman?" which pretty much sums it up, compounded by an appearance from James Nesbitt. To be fair it also has 2 appearances from the league of gentleman, not to mention the more than slightly attractive Scarlett Johannson and the ending is pretty good which gives it a 5.8/10.