You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Fair enough. I haven't watched either of them and never will.

I think I saw the first two back in the day but not seen a single one since. Whenever the series gets brought up in the pub or wherever, I wind my mate up who is a Star Wars nerd by saying I have only seen the first one & the one with the teddy bears in it.

I think I saw the first two back in the day but not seen a single one since. Whenever the series gets brought up in the pub or wherever, I wind my mate up who is a Star Wars nerd by saying I have only seen the first one & the one with the teddy bears in it.

I love the original films, thought the prequels were awful and have no intention of watching the new ones.

The prequels had some very obvious flaws:

The fucking kid playing Anakin

The way he aged 10 years between films when none of the other characters did

Whatshisface who played teenage Anakin

Shit CGI

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Maul

Many narrative inconsistencies

Etc.

But at least Lucas sort of attempted an original piece of work. Failed badly like, but the outline was there and there are some ok bits - Palpatine is quality for example.

The new ones are just Star Wars by numbers money making exercises.

Shit CGI

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Maul

Etc.

But at least Lucas sort of attempted an original piece of work. Failed badly like, but the outline was there and there are some ok bits - Palpatine is quality for example.

The prequels had an obvious flaw, they were fucking rubbish.

The prequels had an obvious flaw, they were fucking rubbish.

Yeah, I’m not saying I liked them. Just that they were slightly cynical terrible failures.

The new ones are probably better films but the stench of marketing is a lot stronger.

It also detracts from TFA when it just repeats story lines and dialogue from the original trilogy.

Shit CGI

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Maul

Etc.

I think you forgot one other about all of them from start to finish, being absolutely, and totally, fucking wank.

• Upvote 1

Started watching Jim & Andy on Netflix last night, documentary film about Jim Carrey playing Andy Kaufman in the film Man on the Moon.  Only managed to get halfway through due to a sick daughter vomiting all over her room but definitely following it up tonight.  Surreal in parts, heartbreaking in others and chaotic throughout.  Jim Carrey is quite candid in his interview.  Always thought he was slightly unhinged but this just blows my mind about the extremes he goes to in his personal and professional life.  Danny De Vito just looks exasperated during filming and the director begging Carrey to just do what he needs him to do.  Some quite fantastic behind the scenes footage.  Jerry Lawler fucking hated it all and goes for Carrey a couple of times, who must have loved it.

At the halfway point 8.5/10.

Blimey, if you think The Force Awakens is better than Rogue One, but score it a barely above average 6/10, how do you score Rogue One?

I can’t remember Tone. Probably 6/10.

I have a good memory for these things.

Jose gave Rogue One 5/10, lamenting Forest Whitaker's performance in particular. 

Thor: Ragnarok. 8/10.

Funny, action-packed, and set out to ensure everyone has a good time - both on set and in the audience. Nice nod to Gene Wilder's Wonka film and Red Dwarf's Rimmerworld as well.

Ok, so more Wonka than Red Dwarf, although I'd like to think it was a nod to Red Dwarf.