You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

I Love You Phillip Morris- definitely not one for homophobes but i thought it was quite enjoyable, with a few genuine belly laughs- 6.5/10.

I laughed hard while watching this. That doesn't happen very often.

You appear to have posted an identical review to mine but added one line.

Back to the future III - after spending the day on the couch after drinking 4 cans of Gold Label, four bottles of Peroni and half a bottle of Finlandia last night, i decided to watch this classic again (inspired mainly from playing Red Dead Redemption most of this week). Anyway, it's boss, highlights are Seamus McFly, Doc getting hammered on one drink, Mad dog Tannen looking frighteningly like Michael Biehn in "The Abyss" and ZZ Top at the party. 8 out of 10.

MacGruber. A Saturday Night Live film of its sketch which mocks McGyver a 1990s TV programme. I had serious doubts about this and whether they could stretch it to a full film. They did..just! Some very funny parts. Some not so. Kristen Wiig is funny, talented and georgeous. Ever wondered who ate all the pies? The answer is Val Kilmer the fact fecker. 6.5/10

Battle Royale - 10/10

This Japanese thriller, about a bunch of school children let loose upon a deserted island to kill each other in order to win, was quite literally one of the most enjoyable films that I have watched this year. The story centers around this real pussy called Shuya, and this chick called Noriko that he likes, and their struggles on this island. It also shows the death of all 42 children on the island. Seriously fucked up... Seriously enjoyable... and I can't recommend it enough.

Clubbed - 6/10

Nothing special look of a coward who finds a backbone and starts working the door of a nightclub. The story was fun, and the film was a decent watch, but was really predictable and the writing and acting didn't really do that much for me. I'd probably watch it again if it was on teley, but I'd definitely look to see if anything better was on.

Battle Royale - 10/10

This Japanese thriller, about a bunch of school children let loose upon a deserted island to kill each other in order to win, was quite literally one of the most enjoyable films that I have watched this year. The story centers around this real pussy called Shuya, and this chick called Noriko that he likes, and their struggles on this island. It also shows the death of all 42 children on the island. Seriously fucked up... Seriously enjoyable... and I can't recommend it enough.

Yes, yes, yes. Correct in all respects. Do not EVER watch the sequel though... Just don't even be tempted. It is extremely shite.

Yes, yes, yes. Correct in all respects. Do not EVER watch the sequel though... Just don't even be tempted. It is extremely shite.

Word. Top, top film but the sequel is so bad.

Cheers... I was going to stick the sequel on my lovefilm list today, but I shall not now.

Reps delivered.

And yes... that film is fucking awesome.

An Education - Having read the critics views on the film I was looking forward to seeing it as it's received almost universal praise. Having seen it though I just completely disliked everything about it. The terribly English accents, characters and setting just pissed me off beyond all comprehension. I don't know if it was normal for parents to let their 16 year old daughters to be taken off to Paris to fucked by older men in the '60s but I just couldn't reconcile the fact that no one, and I mean no one, seemed to think that this was seedy. She was still in school, 16! It's weird.

The character of David was just a complete creep, from his weird nervous laugh to him giving Jenny the childish nickname of 'Minnie'. How could no one see he's a creep? Conman or not, he was a slimy cretin. The character of Jenny was really smug too, although I will concede that Carey Mulligan is a very good actress.

Apparently it's based on the true experiences of a writer when she was a girl, but I just couldn't reconcile myself with the attitudes and opinions of any of the characters. Posh toffs who speak like posh knobheads and say stuff like 'gosh' and 'golly' are just not people who I feel sympathetic towards. It's not even a class thing, it's just a irritating voice pattern thing. I didn't like it at all and I'm not going to mark it as I just took a complete dislike to it and a score wouldn't be a fair reflection of the movie. Fucking 'oh-so terribly English' knobs.

The White Ribbon (Das weisse Band) - Michaele Haneke 8.5/10

Haneke has made a deeply unsettling and gravely beautiful film that tells us very little. But the performances are astonishing, and the faces of the children, caught in long, static close-ups, may haunt you for a long time.

Gave Knocked Up another watch yesterday....still brilliant. 9/10

It's refreshing to see Seth Rogen before he became just the same character in everything he does (see Pineapple Express to understand my point, where he's outclassed- surprisingly- by James Franco). And Heigl is a very funny comedy actress, but one who's in danger of becoming typecast- see The Ugly Truth and Killers- but here it really works.

The support from Segal, Hill and co is great and Paul Rudd is brilliant as always.

A really enjoyable film and in many ways an equal (in some parts superior) to Superbad.