You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

A Simple Plan 7.5/10

Billy Bob Thornton, Bill Paxton

Two brothers, one a mild-mannered hardware store manager, the other an unemployed slob and a friend stumble onto $4.4 million cash in stolen money. The new-found booty leads Hank, the store manager (with help from his cunning wife), to great lengths to keep the money a secret from local authorities. The three men begin to doubt each other's trust, which leads to shocking results of lies and deceit.

Up in the Air

Decent little film with George Clooney playing a guy who's job is to sack people, and who's main aim in life is to collect air miles.

Could have been a bit more blackly funny, and if it wasn't for Clooney it would probably have been pretty poor.

Still, gorgeous George, 7/10 - decent Sunday evening dvd fodder.

Unthinkable 7/10. Not bad at all. Quite a suspenseful thriller, with good performances from Michael Sheen and Samuel L Jackson. I enjoyed this.

I was going to D/L this but I really don't like Sam Jackson any more. He just plays almost a parody of himself in almost all his films, it's always the same. Is he yelling a lot in this one?

Four Lions. Sunday afternoon before a mega fuckin night out for Bank Holiday.

It's deffo a lads film, but it's fuckin hilarious. I had a stitch by the end. And worse still is that you splutter with laughter cos you realise that you're laughing at suicide bombing..

You've never seen anything like this before.. - 8/10

Alfie 6/10

Was alright. I can empathise with the main character, being the lothario cheeseburger I am.

17 again. 6/10

Neat and tidy little flick. Had some good bits though, watchable enough for sure.

Sex Drive - 5.75/10

Think Road Trip, American Pie, Superbad etc. Was alright.

Law abiding citizen. 5/10. Some good bits, some not so good bits and one shite ending.

It could have beeb a good film that, there was a decent moral tale in there somewhere but it was just badly done I thought, you didn't find out about his background until near the end, like it was an afterthought, when in fact it was crucial to the whole pot I thought.

It could have beeb a good film that, there was a decent moral tale in there somewhere but it was just badly done I thought, you didn't find out about his background until near the end, like it was an afterthought, when in fact it was crucial to the whole pot I thought.

I think it may have been subjected to a rewritten Hollywood ending. The core of the film being about a man fighting the injustices of the system and maybe crosses the line but then surely the system itself crosses this line also in the end?

I have a feeling that there was a better, more darker ending to this film knocking about before the money men got involved.

From Paris with Love. Meh. Was alright. Not really convincing at any level. But I give it points for violence and stereotyping Pakistanis as cocaine dealers and terrorists. 5/10.

what do you mean stereotyping?

Law Abiding Citizen - enjoyed it for what it was, can't beat a good bit of revenge. 7/10

Goodfellas - 10/10. nuff said

Yea I love a bit of cocaine me. Right after I'm done blowing you infidels up.

Oh my god, it's true! Bush was right all along*

He was of course never right and I'm joking.**

**Or am I? Bush was a genius...

V For Vendetta- 9/10

One of my faves this one, and I thought it was really underrated when it came out. It was a brave move to make the film (as it was to make the graphic novel), and then to release it in the wake of the 7/7 bombings.

The plot is great, and it tries to explore the whole "one man's freedom fighter..." concept, which is succeeds in doing quite well. The mood of the film was dark and disturbing; with it being set in a near future it carried more relevance and nothing was particularly unrealistic. The film did well in convincing that it's storyline may actually happen. (the totalitarian government/curfews/secret police bit, not the nutter with the Guy Fawkes mask)

And the ending is fucking ace, watching the Houses of Parliament go up like that. Great stuff.

Was a bit of a film nerd yesterday and got through three:

Candyman 5/10

Really well constructed film and very promising until it went a bit mental halfway through.

Millions 2/10

Overly-sentimental, soppy shite. That kid in it has to be one of the most annoying characters ever.

Children of Men 7/10

Quite enjoyed this. Touched on some interesting themes and some good stuff about human nature. Really well directed also.

Was a bit of a film nerd yesterday and got through three:

Candyman 5/10

Really well constructed film and very promising until it went a bit mental halfway through.

Millions 2/10

Overly-sentimental, soppy shite. That kid in it has to be one of the most annoying characters ever.

Children of Men 7/10

Quite enjoyed this. Touched on some interesting themes and some good stuff about human nature. Really well directed also.

Yeah I agree on this one, it's a good film, kind of slipped under the radar when it was released I think. Alfonso Cueron is a good director, he actually made a good fist of making Harry Potter more grown up in the Prisoner of Azkaban.

The only problem I had with Children of Men was Julianne Moore, she's so fucking annoying. Same fucking know-all bitch with a past she is in most things. Another film- where she annoys people so much they prefer being eaten alive by dinosaurs- is The Lost World. Annoying bint.

But agree on COM though, good call.