You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

[/b]

Yeah I agree on this one, it's a good film, kind of slipped under the radar when it was released I think. Alfonso Cueron is a good director, he actually made a good fist of making Harry Potter more grown up in the Prisoner of Azkaban.

The only problem I had with Children of Men was Julianne Moore, she's so fucking annoying. Same fucking know-all bitch with a past she is in most things. Another film- where she annoys people so much they prefer being eaten alive by dinosaurs- is The Lost World. Annoying bint.

But agree on COM though, good call.

I like Julianne Moore, she’s pure flaming haired milf.

I can only assume you have no taste in intelligent sexy older ladies.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

The 41 year old virgin who knocked up sarah marshall and felt superbad about it!

some great gags and scenes in this film, i really recommend you try and see this but i can only give it a 7/10.

Hot Tub Time Machine

Hot%20Tub%20Time%20machine.jpg

6/10

A decent buddy comedy with life lessons learnt and friendships re-strengthened on the way to a niavely happy ending. Had some really funny lines, but not as many as the comparisons to The Hangover lead me to expect. Rob Corddry was by far the funniest thing in this, he's a very funny guy, used to love him on the Daily Show and he was great as Detective Frank Wrench the rule abiding cop in Arrested Development.

Could have been a lot better than it was.

The Losers

the-losers-movie-poster-entire-cast-600x354.jpg

7/10

A much better film than I was expecting. Had some immense action sequences and cool moments that any action fan is bound to enjoy. Chris Evans, as usual, pretty much stole the show, especially in the scene where he is disguised as a delivery guy waiting for an elevator. Zoe Saldana was super-cool and super-hot in this, glad to see her in another kick-ass role after Neytiri. The rest were all pretty much just there. The bad guy, I thought was played really well. He had a great sadistic/sarcastic edge to him. Special shout out to Oscar Jaenada who managed to rock that cowboy hat like a champion. Some decent comedy, some great action, some lovely shots of Saldana. All makes this film worth seeing IMO.

Four Lions

four-lions.jpg

9/10

One of the best films I've seen at the cinema in a long time. Chris Morris really is a genius. This movie kept a decent sized audience laughing well past midnight. Genuine comedy mixed seamlessly with genuine tragedy which makes both resonate more powerfully as a result. Kayvan Novak was brilliant and one of the truly saddest, misdirected characters I've seen in a film. Adeel Akhtar was brilliant as well, as most would have noticed in the trailers. The climax is a culmination of all the previous mishaps throughout the film and it is definitely one that will leave most people thinking about how easy it can be to listen to your friends and be lead down the wrong path.

A beautiful, hilarious and poignant film. Chris Morris strikes again.

The Book of Eli - 7/10

I quite enjoyed this very 'fallout'esque film, however, i didn't really like the ending that much... but the journey was pretty cool, I think. Denzel was a badass.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

There is no fucking way he was blind. We saw his eyes a few times and there was no glaucoma like there was at the end. And the fact that he had memorised the book completely cheapened the attempts to protect it. It was a very poor end. And there was so much room to make it so much better. Especially as Oldman's character wanted to use the bible for power. The screenwriter let them down badly and someone should have seen that before they even started shooting.

Practically nothing he ever does during the film makes any sense when you know he was blind. Nothing.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'm seeing that in less than an hour. At least I have Arterton's lips to look forward to.

And an American doing an English accent pretty well. At times, you totally forget.

Quality lips, though.

And an American doing an English accent pretty well. At times, you totally forget.

Quality lips, though.

I have been hoping for a decent accent. Russell Crowe was a disappointment. I never expect anything good from these computer game films, but there's really nothing else out at the min and I'll always be a cinema-goer.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I have been hoping for a decent accent. Russell Crowe was a disappointment. I never expect anything good from these computer game films, but there's really nothing else out at the min and I'll always be a cinema-goer.

I've not been to see Robin Hood yet. It's been slated, so I probably won't bother.

I've not been to see Robin Hood yet. It's been slated, so I probably won't bother.

It's not a terrible film. It's a terrible accent. And the most blatant setup for a sequel I have ever seen. Seriously, it's more blatant than Fellowship of the Ring.

The Right Stuff 1983 - I believe someone on here recommended it.

Pretty bad start, trailed to lengthy close ups of actors faces for the last 20 minutes, had an awful editing decision in the most tense scene that absolutely killed it, but can't complain about the amount of decent actors in it. Far too long and far too American too.

6.5/10

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Isn't Arterton English? I'm sure she was born down south.

Not disputing the quality of lips though.

She is. Jake Gyllenhaal... not so much.

The 41 year old virgin who knocked up sarah marshall and felt superbad about it!

some great gags and scenes in this film, i really recommend you try and see this but i can only give it a 7/10.

Watched it myself and it was quite good, they got Seth from Superbad spot on, 6/10 for me.

It's a trap!!