You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas Neill.

Chris

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's actually a half-decent player, better than Josemi. I just think he's too impulsive and does stupid things.

he makes poor decisions, is slow, rash in the tackle and hoofs it almost everytime he has the ball. i see nothing he has, except the ability to speak english, that makes him a better player for liverpool than josemi was.

I've said it before on other threads; every time I watch him he either gives away a penalty, or a freee kick in a vulnerable area or gets sent off.

All well and good having a player with some spirit, but there is no doubt that he is a liability and he will lead to more goals conceded than he will prevent.

Fuck him off!

Blackburn are messing us about tryingto sign him. I honestly cant see why we are making such a big fuss over trying to get him. I know he can cover all the defence but its no good if hes suspended.

I know we are short of cover for Finnan but Carra can play there and so can Peltier. I would rather us not sign Neill and sign genuine quality for right back as competition for Finnan not cover.

If Rafa had the cash i would expect another go at signing Alves. Competition for Finnan and can play right wing.

He is toss and a liability at the back - an almost Djimiesque accident waiting to happen. Isn't that two sendings off and a penalty in recent games? He's utter toilet, a slimmer, Australian Neil Ruddock.

I'm really not that keen on him, you know.

your all wrong, how bout that run he made and the cross in the box which should have been a goal, i think a lot of people rate him harsh just because he is an Australian. He'd be great to have in the squad he does give away silly free kicks though.

I can understand Rafa's desire to have a senior back up player for Finnan without having to shift Carra about. We have been riding our luck with Finnan staying injury free. Just like we did with Carra and Sami before Agger arrived.

That said, I don't really want it to be Neill but I'll trust the manager to make the right call.