You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas Neill.

Chris

Salgado. Decent right back, gets stuck in, better than neill, madrid looking to offload. as good a stop gap as i can think of. another loan deal till the end of the season.

The thing with Neill is he can cover right across the back line. I am no big fan of the fella but he can do a half decent job in any of those positions.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is baffling to read comments about Neill being nothing more than a mindless clogger and in the same instance slow, washed up players in La Liga being touted as potential recruits.

Sloq and washed up?

For a stop gap, Salgado would be a superb signing. There is nothing "slow" about him.

If he plays silly beggars, who do we go for then? Off the top of my head I can only think of Lauren who would provide experienced full back cover, and who is available.

Anyone else?

No-one, then we ride our luck for another four months. If luck deserts us, Carra moves in.

If all else fails, play a youngster. He might actually rise to the occasion, although you know more on that than I do.

Guest bigf00t
Is this the same Bascombe who said the FIFA rule on playing for 3 clubs in 12 months did not apply in the case of Mascherano?

Yeah... and the same bascombe who said Liverpool would be putting a legal fight together to get mascherano about 3 days before anybody else mentioned it.

I don't think you're going to easily discredit Bascombe...

and lets not forget...

He wont be first choice here... Maybe he's going somewhere else to get more games.

Says who? Riise has been utter shite this season. Neill has been superb all season playing LB at Blackburn. For me, he could walk straight into the first team against the Chavs.

I don't think Aurellio is good enough defensively for LB either.

Lets hope Insua becomes a cracking player.

If he wants to go to West Ham because they're going to pay him more, or because he'll get more games, that tells me everything I need to know about his ambition.

This is probably the last or second last big move of his career. If his choice is to piss the next couple of seasons away scrapping with the Hammers instead of playing for a top four club with a Champions League place, we won't have missed out on anything worth having in my opinion.

One more thing - if he joins them now, they go down and we try to land him again in the summer, I will be most unimpressed.