You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) - Sun 27th Aug 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, chrisbonnie said:

He's not even as good as last seasons fabinho, and he was fucking awful

His stats did suggest that. Very similar to Fabinho 22/23 with much worse passing in a considerably weaker league. His was a bizarre signing, and if anything lends credence to the theory that the Caicedo bid was never intended to sign the player.

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

That's what he reminds me of, Jamie Redknapp on steds. Can spray it all over the shop but that's not how we plah and he can't do much else. 

For someone who can hit the ball so we'll, you'd think he'd be able to trap a ball. 

3 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

He doesn't have that excuse for me. We apparently signed him because of his experience, readiness to slot in, and all of that bollocks. He's 30, if we have to waste half a season until we can judge him, what the hell was the point in signing him.

Well, perhaps a match where we're not away at a notoriously difficult ground and down to 10 men.

1 minute ago, Moo said:

Well, perhaps a match where we're not away at a notoriously difficult ground and down to 10 men.

Yeah in all honesty is just catching a stray given how pissed off I am with everything right now, the game, the refs being corrupt, the manager making obscure decisions, the owners not giving a fuck about us, all of it.

I still don't think he is good enough at all to be our starting DM, but like you I'd normally reserve comment for 2 or 3 matches. Not his fault anyway.