You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) - Sun 27th Aug 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

Just now, Captain Willard said:

All this hysteria about corruption is missing the point. Trent us lucky to still be on the pitch then he gives away a Sunday league goal then Van Dyke fouls the last man. If the ref was corrupt he would have sent Trent off. There’s no evidence of anything other than we’re playing badly. 

Lucky to be on the pitch for getting booked for being fouled? Behave.

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

One thing is for sure we are a team on the decline and Newcastle are a team on the up. Just the general attitude and desire of both clubs are stark.

It starts at the top with the ambition of the owners, or lack thereof where ours are concerned.

The owners could have given Klopp 10bn and he’d still be playing Trent at right back.  It wouldn’t matter.

The first thing we should have done this summer is signed a right back.  Second we should have signed two more right backs just in case anyone got injured to avoid playing this cunt there ever again.  We should then have built the midfield around where he fitted or didn’t fit into that.  We haven’t even signed a back up for him.  That’s the season written off right there.  There’s going to be plenty more of this as the season goes on but it’s still hard to prepare yourself for it.  

I said I think it will take Klopp about 20 league games before he finally abandons the hybrid mess completely but I’m beginning to think regardless of that he will never move Trent from right back permanently.  If that’s the case then I just don’t see a successful future for us again.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

All this hysteria about corruption is missing the point. Trent us lucky to still be on the pitch then he gives away a Sunday league goal then Van Dyke fouls the last man. If the ref was corrupt he would have sent Trent off. There’s no evidence of anything other than we’re playing badly. 

How is he lucky to be on the pitch? Gordon fucking dived and in the first incident Trent was blatantly fouled. 

• Upvote 1

Trent’s basically made the same mistake in midfield last weekend. He’s good for at least one of those lapses of concentration a game. Today it was compounded by us being narrow and Matip being ahead of him when he let the ball slip under him.

Shit like that is why I don’t want him in midfield, especially as an inverted fullback. In my mind at least it’s better if that happens on the wing where presumably you’d have cover behind you and at the least the ball isn’t as close to the center of the goal. So the attacker has more ground to cover to shape up a shot.

Overall point being, it doesn’t really matter where he plays at the moment because he loses concentration in what should be fundamentally easy situations. I think it’s easier to hide that when he’s at RB but the real lesson is that he needs to do better because anywhere it happens it’s a problem. 

It’s a tough watch. I said it last week - referees are obsolete and they’re destroying the game before our eyes. The tech is available to get rid of them, but it’s never going to happen. I’m starting to hate English football and almost wish the European club elite league had gone through.

We just can’t get any rhythm. The lads are working so hard but we’re going to need some luck and a few decisions to get anything out of this game. I’m also concerned there might be trouble after the game.

If Henry wouldn’t write cheques before this game then surely now he’s going to realise that Champions League football is looking more and more beyond this club.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jennings said:

You think refs are getting bought off?

To be honest, I dont know. I’m so pissed off that not everything I wrote in this thead is worth taking seriously.

I do believe corruption exists, for example in the way that the refs are eager to protect each other, and will take every opportunity to get back at Klopp.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captain Willard said:

He got booked for throwing the ball away. My question is why the “corrupt” ref didn’t send him off for the pull back ? 

Why did he send off VVD and has yet to even book a Newcastle player?

He's corrupt. Simple as.

1 minute ago, The Guest said:

The owners could have given Klopp 10bn and he’d still be playing Trent at right back.  It wouldn’t matter.

The first thing we should have done this summer is signed a right back.  Second we should have signed two more right backs just in case anyone got injured to avoid playing this cunt there ever again.  We should then have built the midfield around where he fitted or didn’t fit into that.  We haven’t even signed a back up for him.  That’s the season written off right there.  There’s going to be plenty more of this as the season goes on but it’s still hard to prepare yourself for it.  

I said I think it will take Klopp about 20 league games before he finally abandons the hybrid mess completely but I’m beginning to think regardless of that he will never move Trent from right back permanently.  If that’s the case then I just don’t see a successful future for us again.

Why? Do you think Klopp will manage us forever?

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He certainly threw the ball at the player - he just happened to be on the field. 

Not what you want to see a few minutes into a testy game from your (now) Captain.

Two games in a row he has put us well on the back foot in a matter of minutes

The thrown ball went nowhere near Gordon

Just now, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

To be honest, I dont know. I’m so pissed off that not everything I wrote in this thead is worth taking seriously.

I do believe corruption exists, for example in the way that the refs are eager to protect each other, and will take every opportunity to get back at Klopp.

Of course corruption exists its human nature.

Are you telling me that nothing goes on? Nothing? This is elite sport with big players and big owners and a weasel like FA in charge. Its always been corrupt. I mean Mike Dean basically admitted it this week.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

It’s been hard work since Napoli away last season when it was clear a rebuild was needed

A rebuild was definitely needed and it started well with Mac and Dom (I can't spell his last name so it's Dom) but since then it's gone down hill rapidly but that aside this formation/tactic is absolutely killing us and the quicker the manager sees this the better.

3 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

He got booked for throwing the ball away. My question is why the “corrupt” ref didn’t send him off for the pull back ? 

Self-interest. He knew the first call was a load of shite and he had turned a Webb-esque blind eye to a clear foul and it would have come back on him. Didn't have the bollocks to make the second decision.

• Upvote 2