You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average

an tha

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

But the trade off is there's loads of fit nurses knocking about...

There is that. I always used to like The Court on TCR for that just around the corner. Good priced beer, normally something drinkable, live football and student nurses. I lived along the road from the for a couple of years, just a bit more into fitrzrovia near great tichfield street. What a fucking place to live. It nearly killed me though! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Fiesty fella, left footed defender. Release clause met - Tuesday, imminent by all reports.

That’s good that we are moving. FSG can make as much money as they like as long as they give us the best chance of competing.

This Caceido business… Chelsea don’t have the money and they know it so they are scrabbling around trying to find solutions including trying to goad us into action with other targets.

This Boehly fella is a child and doesn’t like being told no.

I think Caceido is being guided by his entourage which has been promised big bucks from Chelsea and Liverpool know it and that the lad would sign for us no problem but he’s a bit young and naive.

20 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

That’s good that we are moving. FSG can make as much money as they like as long as they give us the best chance of competing.

This Boehly fella is a child and doesn’t like being told no.

Yea, agreed.

Do you think Boehly is giving Chelsea the best chance to compete?

26 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

There is that. I always used to like The Court on TCR for that just around the corner. Good priced beer, normally something drinkable, live football and student nurses. I lived along the road from the for a couple of years, just a bit more into fitrzrovia near great tichfield street. What a fucking place to live. It nearly killed me though! 

Student nurses? Finally we’re getting somewhere in this hellscape of a thread. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Red car and the blue car had a race,

All red wants to do is stuff his face,

He eats everything he sees, from trucks to prickly trees, but smart car blue he took the Milky Way

He's looking for a chocolate treat, 

Fluffy and light,

Cause he knows it wont spoil his appetite, (Mmm Mmm Mmm)

Oh no, the Bridge has gone

Ol' Red cant carry on,

But smart ol' Blue he took the Milky Way. 

Fucking Classic

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I like the fact we're not retracting the bid. Chelsea think we're playing chicken, but we're actually mad enough to fly straight over the end of the transfer window cliff, Thelma and Louise style, and end up with no-one.

FSG finding more novel ways to avoid spending 

45 minutes ago, Baresi said:

He’s so desperate to join them, all they have to do is match the bid, right?  What’s holding them up?  More to this than meets the eye, me thinks. 

Regardless of how this ends, I still fucking hate these cunts.   They fucked the market when that Russian cunt bought them., and are still fucking it twenty plus years later. 

This is exactly right. All they have to do to end this instantly is say "111m, you say? Here's a bid, 111m exactly, all up front, no clauses" and it's over - Caicedo is doing whatever Chelsea's version of the lean is within a few hours.

With Toddy taking over the negotiations and sending his previous negotiator out to fetch the coffees, it means some shenanigans are afoot. I expect some very dodgy FFP-boosting contracts to be signed in the next few hours and then Caicedo to become a Chelsea player in the next few days.

But again, though the net spend boys will be howling in the streets about how this makes Liverpool look foolish, IMO it's all about Chelsea, this. We haven't done anything wrong at all, except bid for the same player that Todd Boehly wanted and now he's thrown the toys out the pram.

26 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, agreed.

Do you think Boehly is giving Chelsea the best chance to compete?

Well it’s all about balance.

Boehly spends too much with no strategy- his manager doesn’t seem to have a say and as a consequence their squad is a bit of shambles if you look at it.

We on the other hand - we buy better but spend too little and this saga is a direct consequence of poor planning in previous windows and I hope it’s a wake up call. We could have spent just as much and spread it over a few windows getting deals cheaper.

As I said it’s all about balance they are at one end of the scale and we are at the other.

If FSG want to make money and sustain the value of the club they need to look after the on field activities by investing in the right assets at the right time. I think they’ve taken their eye off the ball because of Jurgen and what he achieves. That’s doesn’t mean they have to spend like a sailor on leave though although they need some serious wonga shedding this summer to catch up.

9 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Twitter seems to turn people insane, or act as a magnet for the insane. I don't see why a player snubbing us is some kind of horrific humliation. It's happened loads of times before. We tried, we failed, we move on. You can't force a player to join. His lack of enthusiasm for the club shows he's not suited to it.

Lou Macari was the first if I remember correctly. It happens and we need to move on.

• dave u changed the title to Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average