You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

Moving to kirkby was a fucking waste of money as well. There was nothing wrong with Melwood. 

As for the Anny road extention thats another white elephant as regular fans still wont be able to get tickets and its not like the extra revenue will go into the team just like the main stand. 

Fucking sick to the back teeth of the Boston nonces. 

If they sack Klopp they'll be on par with cancer and aids. At the minute they're not far off them. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Megadrive Person said:

The point is that we've already got the wrong players here and we're prepared to stick with them even though we know that they don't work.

I don't believe that there isn't one single player that could have improved our midfield this January.

If we want Bellingham and Matheus Nunes, as reported, they can't be got in the winter. And coincidentally, we've at least got two midfielders leaving in the summer. It fits the timeline. The reason Joyce can say on like Jan 1st that we're not buying anybody is because it's probably quite obvious what we want to do and there'd have to be a lot of unexpected movement for us to do anything.

The whole thing has been transparent. It's about players needing to leave and lack of availability. They aren't blind, they're just stubborn.

6 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

They’ve got the sack the manager card to play first, if they preposterously use the lack of CL for spending less rather than far more this coming summer and next season goes badly. They’d get away with it with enough people to make it worth their while if they don’t want to sell.

Wouldn't put it past them to sack him if we miss out on CL football this year. They're cunts and take absolutely no responsibility for the current mess. 

They have completely sabotaged Klopp the past 3 years. 

Back to scrapping for Europa League me thinks,won't even be in the big six club anymore,the fall from grace is unbelievable and there's nothing really to look forward too very depressing,we have been spoilt last few years sitting on our hands while we were on top now chicken,s coming home to roost 

27 minutes ago, Megadrive Person said:

The point is that we've already got the wrong players here and we're prepared to stick with them even though we know that they don't work.

I don't believe that there isn't one single player that could have improved our midfield this January.

Not arguing to the contrary, my argument is with intentionally wanting to sign the wrong players for the sake of signing someone as if the action of signing a player is the important part over and above what they do on the pitch.

• Upvote 1

I don't think we're too far away. I don't even know what from.

United are still not that good, city are worse than before, I can't see arsenal being as good again, Chelsea are an expensive mess, and Newcastle are still Newcastle. Point being that even though we're shit now, with a couple of signings and leavings, and players bedding in, I think we'll return to something like our previous form with a new team. I believe 100 percent in Klopp to make this transition happen, and really now it's over to you FSG, will you back making it happen.

1 hour ago, etho said:

I don't think we're too far away. I don't even know what from.

United are still not that good, city are worse than before, I can't see arsenal being as good again, Chelsea are an expensive mess, and Newcastle are still Newcastle. Point being that even though we're shit now, with a couple of signings and leavings, and players bedding in, I think we'll return to something like our previous form with a new team. I believe 100 percent in Klopp to make this transition happen, and really now it's over to you FSG, will you back making it happen.

That's the most frustrating thing about it. If we had built a strong squad and not flogged the same players to death for 5 years we could be taking advantage of City dropping more points this season than the last few seasons. Just blatantly obvious that the cunts who own us aren't interested enough to keep it going because it means them actually spending some fucking money.

United already had a stronger midfield than us. Then they got an injury, they saw the danger, they got a new player in to stay competitive. Exemplary transfer business. They will end up in top 4 and will attract top players while we will be able to pick players after they, City, Gunners, Spurs and Chelsea have finished shopping.

Sheer incompetence is running through every department of our club, and that sadly includes Klopp these days. There are dozens of players available for reasonable money that will strengthen our midfield and put us back and track with a good chance to secure top 4. The club, with Klopps approval, have chosen to do nothing.

Don’t get me started on our medical team or our scouting department. The latter is so bad that heads should have rolled a long time ago. This is people who work full time with spotting players who will fit our team, but fail spectacularly. Totally useless wankers. I would have done a better job than the entire scouting team within three weeks, on top of my ordinary job. We should pay the Brigthon scouting team what they demand to come here.

The idea that we don’t buy anyone because we are waiting for Bellingham and Nunes is ridicilous. Who in their right mind believe this shit?

• Upvote 5

I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the players wanted to fuck off at the end of the season. The likes of Konate, Salah, Trent and even VVD must be thinking what is the point of being there and wasting another two or three years here scrapping for top 4 only for the FSG mingebags to buy a reserve keeper and youth prospects that are only bought to sell on.at a profit.

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

United's transfer dealings over the past years should definitely be something we could learn from.

No, but we can deffo learn something from the pragmatism, cynism and fast action that their new guy has brought to them when it comes to effective transfers.

12 minutes ago, Judge said:

United already had a stronger midfield than us. Then they got an injury, they saw the danger, they got a new player in to stay competitive. Exemplary transfer business. They will end up in top 4 and will attract top players while we will be able to pick players after they, City, Gunners, Spurs and Chelsea have finished shopping.

Sheer incompetence is running through every department of our club, and that sadly includes Klopp these days. There are dozens of players available for reasonable money that will strengthen our midfield and put us back and track with a good chance to secure top 4. The club, with Klopps approval, have chosen to do nothing.

Don’t get me started on our medical team or our scouting department. The latter is so bad that heads should have rolled a long time ago. This is people who work full time with spotting players who will fit our team, but fail spectacularly. Totally useless wankers. I would have done a better job than the entire scouting team within three weeks, on top of my ordinary job. We should pay the Brigthon scouting team what they demand to come here.

The idea that we don’t buy anyone because we are waiting for Bellingham and Nunes is ridicilous. Who in their right mind believe this shit?

I'm amazed at the people who believe that about Bellingham. It's not African Twitter fans it's actually some of our local fans who believe that the sun shines out of FSGS arse and tell you to shut up because the owners spent money on 2 stands and a new training ground. Then tell you that they were around when Hodgson lost the league cup game against Northampton.

17 minutes ago, Judge said:

You can believe it or not, it's what we've always done.

4 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I'm amazed at the people who believe that about Bellingham. It's not African Twitter fans it's actually some of our local fans who believe that the sun shines out of FSGS arse and tell you to shut up because the owners spent money on 2 stands and a new training ground. Then tell you that they were around when Hodgson lost the league cup game against Northampton.

It's completely believable that we want to sign Bellingham. Whether we can actually do it, is something else.

7 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the players wanted to fuck off at the end of the season. The likes of Konate, Salah, Trent and even VVD must be thinking what is the point of being there and wasting another two or three years here scrapping for top 4 only for the FSG mingebags to buy a reserve keeper and youth prospects that are only bought to sell on.at a profit.

Trent?! Who else would tolerate him? 

5 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

It's completely believable that I want to bum Miss. World. Whether I can actually do it, is something else.

If you give Miss World the same money as Liverpool would give Dortmund, I'd reckon you'd be balls deep.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's completely believable that we want to sign Bellingham. Whether we can actually do it, is something else.

It's completely believable that there was a point when it might have come off but unless he's been shown some grand plan that outlines more than just himself coming in during the summer then there's now no chance.

Would he sign with no guarantees of other players coming in? I don't think so and thats before we also consider the likelihood of no Champions League next season. 

I'm struggling to understand why Klopp signed his new deal last summer only to be operating with both hands behind his back and if (and it's a big if) our lack of activity is not down solely to FSG being mingebags and it's Klopp's decision not to spend because he thinks he can get by and wait until the summer then I love him but he's just as culpable as the owners.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

It's completely believable that there was a point when it might have come off but unless he's been shown some grand plan that outlines more than just himself coming in during the summer then there's now no chance.

Would he sign with no guarantees of other players coming in? I don't think so and thats before we also consider the likelihood of no Champions League next season. 

I'm struggling to understand why Klopp signed his new deal last summer only to be operating with both hands behind his back and if (and it's a big if) our lack of activity is not down solely to FSG being mingebags and it's Klopp's decision not to spend because he thinks he can get by and wait until the summer then I love him but he's just as culpable as the owners.

I think to say Klopp is not spending or the owners aren't letting him spend is both too simplistic. Klopp is a manager that wants to build teams, he's not Conte or Mourinho,  who manage for immediate results.

It's a "project". He would have renewed partly because he likes the club and the fans, partly because there is a new challenge to build our team again. That's a long term project. Bellingham is a long term signing. It's all about long term. That we're shite this season is a shame, but if he's thinking about the long term, he's probably not gonna be totally devastated by one terrible season. 

Or he could quit, I don't know. 

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think to say Klopp is not spending or the owners aren't letting him spend is both too simplistic. Klopp is a manager that wants to build teams, he's not Conte or Mourinho,  who manage for immediate results.

It's a "project". He would have renewed partly because he likes the club and the fans, partly because there is a new challenge to build our team again. That's a long term project. Bellingham is a long term signing. It's all about long term. That we're shite this season is a shame, but if he's thinking about the long term, he's probably not gonna be totally devastated by one terrible season. 

Or he could quit, I don't know. 

Fully understand what you say but unfortunately in this league you don’t get that time. At Dortmund he only really had to worry about Bayern and maybe one other.

Here you have City and Newcastle with unlimited funds, Chelsea spending like a modern day Brewster's Millions, Utd looking more stable and always with money to spend and now Arsenal looking like they've got their house in order. That's before you get to the likes of Brighton who are currently better than whatever we can put on the field.