You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

47 minutes ago, SasaS said:

United's transfer dealings over the past years should definitely be something we could learn from.

I used to gleefully laugh when I read this sort of comment from United fans about us only 2 seasons ago.

The time for action is now.

Bring back the days of Charlie Adam and Ian Ayre turning the lights off

3 hours ago, No2 said:

I don't get all the knickers in a twist going on. It's been obvious for weeks we weren't signing a midfielder. Now we have people who have hated FSG for years and others that already written off the season crying like babies. This isn't news, our model is clear we won't take just anyone. 

All the twitter virgins would be pulling their tiny plums if we signed Gakpo today.

So, where do you see this season going? 

28 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Fully understand what you say but unfortunately in this league you don’t get that time. At Dortmund he only really had to worry about Bayern and maybe one other.

Here you have City and Newcastle with unlimited funds, Chelsea spending like a modern day Brewster's Millions, Utd looking more stable and always with money to spend and now Arsenal looking like they've got their house in order. That's before you get to the likes of Brighton who are currently better than whatever we can put on the field.

I agree it will be difficult. The level of competition is harder now and the turning point for Klopp the first time - making the CL in 2017 and therefore getting all the players he wanted and making the final - he probably won't have that next season.

But we have to remember; he's supposed to be here till 2026. There is time to get it right.

10 hours ago, coachpotato said:

Liverpool could make a surprise move to bolster their midfield by signing Chelsea and France midfielder N'Golo Kante, 31, who is out of contract at Stamford Bridge this summer. (El Nacional - in Spanish)

Take it this is rubbish? From the BBC website.

Some company for Arthur in the treatment room?

I for one was massively shocked that  a player who had a poor injury history, who had been injured for the latter part of the previous season, who had had no pre season and not played even in any friendlies during it, found it really difficult upon joining us on loan and broke down in training and ended up missing months....

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

So, where do you see this season going? 

I think 4th is still possible, Guimeres is now out of our game, win at Newcastle and we will catch them. We've been quite lucky in recent weeks, Toney, Trossard and Caicedo have missed our games, the wolves goal ruled out, marginal offsides going in our favour. 

36 minutes ago, No2 said:

I think 4th is still possible, Guimeres is now out of our game, win at Newcastle and we will catch them. We've been quite lucky in recent weeks, Toney, Trossard and Caicedo have missed our games, the wolves goal ruled out, marginal offsides going in our favour. 

Knowing us this season they'll appeal it and get ban reduced or card downgraded or something...

The tories look to have sealed Fernandez. Farcical situation that's been allowed to happen at that shit house club. Free pass for having putins terrorist run the club. Helped to fund putins regime and now they can do all this. What a cunt of a sport. Cunt of a club 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Freddo said:

The tories look to have sealed Fernandez. Farcical situation that's been allowed to happen at that shit house club. Free pass for having putins terrorist run the club. Helped to fund putins regime and now they can do all this. What a cunt of a sport. Cunt of a club 

Fucking obscene.