You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Why did the recommendation from SAGE change from the Friday to the Sunday? The hospital admissions certainly didn't.

On 15/12/2021 at 08:30, AngryOfTuebrook said:

What changes from one day to the next is that more data becomes available.

Don't conflate the actions recommended by SAGE with anything Johnson says or does; don't allow yourself to be played.

53 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's a question that needs to be answered.

Here's the answer: No.

46 minutes ago, Pete said:

Conspiracy theorists gonna conspiracy theorise. 

There's a few more conspiracy theorists here for you :

I think one of the best answers is that we don't currently know, but it's pointless trying to rule it out.

14 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

There's a few more conspiracy theorists here for you :

I think one of the best answers is that we don't currently know, but it's pointless trying to rule it out.

We do know that there is no increase in sports stars - vaccinated or otherwise - having heart problems.

We also know that the risk of myocarditis from the vaccine is tiny and is much less than the risk of myocarditis from the virus.

10 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

We do know that there is no increase in sports stars - vaccinated or otherwise - having heart problems.

We also know that the risk of myocarditis from the vaccine is tiny and is much less than the risk of myocarditis from the virus.

Are we sure there's no increase? It's weird to keep seeing footballers having to leave the pitch every week with problems. Maybe that's partly because we're now looking for that happening but I'm not sure.

As for myocarditis, what I linked in both tweets is a study showing that 2 shots of moderna give an increased risk for it which is even higher than getting covid for those under 40. There's actual scientists and medical people linking it as well and it's in nature so it's probably not some crank conspiracy theory.

So if there's a lot of athletes getting 2 shots of moderna it might need looking at.

7 hours ago, Iceman said:

Sergio Aguero tearfully announces retirement after Barcelona star's heart scare.

The Argentine football icon has called time on his illustrious playing career after a heart condition scuppered his move to FC Barcelona, having only played five times for the club

0_Aguero.jpg

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-sergio-aguero-retires-barcelona-25700901

Comments: 

Brittanyman12 HRS AGO

There is a question that needs to be answered here, here we have the greatest Premier League goalscorer, incredible strength and prowess, but now his career is over, but why? Could it be due to Sergio being vaccinated? Evidence is mounting that some vaccines can cause heart problems, no doubt that this will be denied by the authorities, but it needs answers.

REPLY9 REPLIES 4

There's been a lot more media reporting on footballers and heart issues recently but data shows there's no actual increase on previous years. Possibly the fact some have been higher profile means the media is more motivated to publish the stories.

There have been some cases of temporary heart inflammation which goes after time but the numbers were miniscule from what I remember and statistically less common than those who have had covid anyway.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

I think you got the message (or non message) load and clear. All to save his own skin Angry, 

And yet, I'm not in any way distracted from any of the law-breaking of Johnson and his party. Like literally every functioning adult, I'm able to hold two non-contradictory thoughts in mind; in this case 

1.  Boris Johnson and his party colleagues broke the laws around Covid last year and should be held accountable.

2.  The Omicron variant spreads at an unprecedented rate and needs concerted, communal action to stop it.

In what way am I being "played"?

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

And yet, I'm not in any way distracted from any of the law-breaking of Johnson and his party. Like literally every functioning adult, I'm able to hold two non-contradictory thoughts in mind; in this case 

1.  Boris Johnson and his party colleagues broke the laws around Covid last year and should be held accountable.

2.  The Omicron variant spreads at an unprecedented rate and needs concerted, communal action to stop it.

In what way am I being "played"?

In what way am I? I also believe this variant spreads at an unprecedented rate but I'm skeptical over the reasoning behind Johndon doing that Sunday night press announcement.

Here's Canada's National Advisory Committee on Immunization on moderna for younger males as well :

NACI also published guidance today on which mRNA shots should be given to people aged 12 to 29.

NACI said the Pfizer shot is the "preferred" product to use on these younger people because of its lower associated risk of myocarditis or pericarditis.

A small number of young people — mostly men and boys — have experienced inflammation of the heart muscle post-vaccination. NACI said it's less common in people who've had the Pfizer product instead of the Moderna shot. The committee said that, among people aged 18-29 eligible for a booster, Pfizer should be administered for that third shot.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/naci-booster-shot-recommendation-1.6272322

It doesn't have to be a conspiracy theory, it justs looks like they're starting to work out where some of these adverse effects are more likely to be coming from.

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Are we sure there's no increase? It's weird to keep seeing footballers having the leave the pitch every week with problems. Maybe that's partly because we're now looking for that happening but I'm not sure.

As for myocarditis, what I linked in both tweets is a study showing that 2 shots of moderna give an increased risk for it which is even higher than getting covid for those under 40. There's actual scientists and medical people linking it as well and it's in nature so it's probably not some crank conspiracy theory.

So if there's a lot of athletes getting 2 shots of moderna it might need looking at.

Yes, we're sure. There is a spotlight on it right now and nobody who looks at the data with an open mind has seen anything out of the ordinary.

(If you decided to scour the world's local news and social media for stories of missing cats, you'd find loads.  This doesn't mean that they are running away and amassing an army, bent on world domination... although I wouldn't rule that out.)

Young athletes have, ironically, always been prone to heart problems, because competitive sport puts strain on the heart.

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/athletes-may-have-more-than-twice-the-risk-of-irregular-heart-rhythm/

Those links about myocarditis provide the kind of evidence that governments (even those in bed with Big Pharma) use to determine which vaccines to use; good news for Pfizer, less so for Moderna.

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Yes, we're sure. There is a spotlight on it right now and nobody who looks at the data with an open mind has seen anything out of the ordinary.

(If you decided to scour the world's local news and social media for stories of missing cats, you'd find loads.  This doesn't mean that they are running away and amassing an army, bent on world domination... although I wouldn't rule that out.)

Young athletes have, ironically, always been prone to heart problems, because competitive sport puts strain on the heart.

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/athletes-may-have-more-than-twice-the-risk-of-irregular-heart-rhythm/

Those links about myocarditis provide the kind of evidence that governments (even those in bed with Big Pharma) use to determine which vaccines to use; good news for Pfizer, less so for Moderna.

I did mention that we might be looking for it more so seeing more of it but I'm still not sure. Governments using that as evidence to decide what shots are best to use will be good if they're all paying attention to it too, but for those that have already had 2 of moderna it could be the cause of some of what we've seen happening lately.

I get that some of it could also be due to having had covid too though.

22 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Here's Canada's National Advisory Committee on Immunization on moderna for younger males as well :

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/naci-booster-shot-recommendation-1.6272322

It doesn't have to be a conspiracy theory, it justs looks like they're starting to work out where some of these adverse effects are more likely to be coming from.

Isn't this just the case that a rare but potentially serious adverse side effect is less common in one group of people with one vaccine, so it is recommended that they get that vaccine instead of the other one? Which also has relatively rare adverse effect, but more frequently than the other vaccine.

13 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Isn't this just the case that a rare but potentially serious adverse side effect is less common in one group of people with one vaccine, so it is recommended that they get that vaccine instead of the other one? Which also has relatively rare adverse effect, but more frequently than the other vaccine.

Yeah, I'm mainly glad that we're at least starting to find out what's causing some of the adverse effects too. I doubt this is the only problem we're going to find though and hope that other issues can be found sooner rather than later.

As we have repeatedly covered here, a false narrative was manufactured from the start: namely, that the only people doubting the vaccine were right-wing Trump supporters, which enabled condescending employees of media corporations to malign anyone who sees the world differently than they do as primitive, deplorable racists. The truth, from the start, was far more complex: many of those who were in doubt about the vaccine were not only Trumpian "white nationalists" but disproportionately brown and black people, along with a higher percentage of Republicans. Indeed, many of the most outspoken celebrities in culture and sports expressing vaccine hesitancy were Black.

That is why vaccine mandates for workers with a punishment of firing for noncompliance can lead to racist outcomes, as these British trade unionists noted: because such punishment will fall disproportionately on black and brown workers. And labor unions representing health care workers and workers in other sectors around the world — in the U.S., in Europe, and on other continents including Africa — were vehemently opposed from the start to the liberal demand (now joined in the UK by the politically desperate Tory Government) that workers be fired for refusing to be vaccinated.

Now that one of the world's most admired leftist icons, Jeremy Corbyn, has not only spoken out but voted against vaccine mandates for health care workers and vaccine passports for the citizenry — joined by labor unions and other leading British leftists — this sham narrative will be harder to maintain. Will the liberal-left now shift to applying to their own leaders one of the most shameful and reputation-crippling titles that can now be bestowed in left-liberal circles: anti-vaxxers? Or will the British Left's principled stance finally force the recognition that long-standing left-wing values of bodily autonomy and anti-authoritarianism are often the grounds for the view that it is long past time to keep increasing the power of the state over our lives and bodies in the name of stopping a disease that will almost certainly be with us into the indefinite future?

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/led-by-jeremy-corbyn-the-british

4 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah, I'm mainly glad that we're at least starting to find out what's causing some of the adverse effects too. 

CDC today is saying they are looking at limiting the use of J&J based on blood clots in younger women.

I think it is proving out that Pfizer is the best overall.

• Upvote 1