You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

1 hour ago, Boss said:

What makes you think that in 10-15 years that won't be the norm?

What makes you think it will? It’s a pretty wild suggestion. I can imagine horrible things happening way into the future because of the climate crisis, but Britain having a Chinese style credit system in the near future is a nonsense in my opinion. We’re in the middle of a pandemic. Mad shit is happening, our government is bent as fuck, but none of those things are permanent. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Assuming at least one of you must have attracted a girlfriend how do you feel about her taking the pill (again, assuming you have sex).  It’s a less than 100% effective medicine, taken on a regular basis and can have serious side effects.  Let’s forget the fact she’s taking the risk for you as usual. 

This is something I’ve discussed with my missus since we had our first. She was on the implant and when she came off it, went on the pill. It fucked her cycle up and hormones big time. Now the 2nd is 3, I’m waiting to get the snip. 

God-daughter is having a terrible time with puberty and is having to try various types of the pill to suit her. Grim, watching her struggle. Gives some insight what to expect for my daughter when she’s ready to go through it. 

It’s amazing how much a fella takes for granted when it comes to this particular subject. Different thread through. 

50 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What makes you think it will? It’s a pretty wild suggestion. I can imagine horrible things happening way into the future because of the climate crisis, but Britain having a Chinese style credit system in the near future is a nonsense in my opinion. We’re in the middle of a pandemic. Mad shit is happening, our government is bent as fuck, but none of those things are permanent. 

China was the first to bring in surveillance cameras on a mass scale. That was seen as draconian at the time and something that would never happen in the UK; fast forward a decade, and it's totally accepted in the UK. China is the innovator and then the rest of the world follows suit. 

We live in a data-obsessed society, and that's only going to increase. If you want to lose weight, you can download an app that tells you every metric you can imagine about your weight.

Why wouldn't the government want the same sort of thing for its people? The government's goal is to create responsible, upstanding, obedient citizens. Your credit score collates various factors together to tell them whether you're the type of person they want to have in their society or not.

Your credit rating determines your trustworthiness. Your grades in school define your obedience. Your kid's grades at school determine your ability as a parent. If all your friends and family have a low social credit score, it gives them an indication that you will end up that way.

They are pushing to de-anonymise social media accounts, so everything you post online can be directly attributed to you. Wouldn't an immigration office like to know whether you've said bad things about Britain in the past? That'd be pretty important information to know.

It's the way the world is heading. It's not a case of if, but when. 

3 hours ago, Boss said:

Why does it have your name and your date of birth on it then?

On my phone, if you scroll to the bit that says "Valid" my name and DoB disappear off the top of the screen. If that's meant to be an ID card, it's a pretty shit one.

(Of course, we can't rule out the possibility that the Government wanted to introduce ID cards, gave some of their mates the contract and they've delivered this.)

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

On my phone, if you scroll to the bit that says "Valid" my name and DoB disappear off the top of the screen. If that's meant to be an ID card, it's a pretty shit one.

(Of course, we can't rule out the possibility that the Government wanted to introduce ID cards, gave some of their mates the contract and they've delivered this.)

Don't they scan a barcode?

Omicron and Delta may strike people at the same time and COMBINE to create an even worse Covid variant in the coming weeks, Moderna boss warns.

A new super-variant could be created if Omicron and Delta infect someone at the same time, one of Moderna's bosses has warned.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10309153/Risk-DUAL-infection-Omicron-Delta-create-new-super-mutant-variant.html

Oh noze DeltaCron is here!!!!!

50 minutes ago, Iceman said:

This one could be though BBN.

r/ChurchOfCOVID - Behold these saints of the church ⛪️ brave and inspiring

I reckon this is at the start of the pandemic. The price of masks has gone through the roof. This fella has said to himself, "3000 rubles for a mask? Fuck that! I've got a water cooler bottle in the shed that's not getting any use."