You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

On 12/12/2021 at 02:42, Red Phoenix said:

I don't disagree with all of that. If we're doing lists though I did this a while back and forgot about posting it, may as well post it now to try and highlight how insane things have become and why this crap could unravel in the future :

- This entire pandemic might have started out from a lab leak.

There's a lot going on in there, and I'm at work today, so I'll have to answer in instalments.

The first point is one that I don't really lose sleep over. I think the available evidence points towards this being the natural pandemic that's been predicted for ages, but I can't rule out the possibility of more evidence coming out in the future. But whether this was naturally occurring or a lab experiment gone wrong, the fact is it's here now and we have to deal with it. That's the bit that I lose sleep over.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There's a lot going on in there, and I'm at work today, so I'll have to answer in instalments.

The first point is one that I don't really lose sleep over. I think the available evidence points towards this being the natural pandemic that's been predicted for ages, but I can't rule out the possibility of more evidence coming out in the future. But whether this was naturally occurring or a lab experiment gone wrong, the fact is it's here now and we have to deal with it. That's the bit that I lose sleep over.

After 3 months of this I've got worn out with it, so you can reply to whatever parts of it that you want but if I don't respond I'm not ignoring you, just sick of it and need a break. I might quickly post or link things here and there that I've seen but debating that longer post could really drag out so if I do reply it might be some other time.

And whether we debate it or not parts of it will either hold up over time or they won't, and I'm ok with that. I think the longer nature of it was me basically getting ready to get out of here for a while and noting down what I could before doing that.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Seeing stuff about not having to show your passports in nightclubs until 1am.

Is that really part of the restrictions? 

That's got to be a wind up. 

On 12/12/2021 at 02:42, Red Phoenix said:

- Mandates don't work properly at all because vaccinated are still spreading the virus around.

- Covid passes don't work properly at all because vaccinated are still spreading the virus around.

- Unvaccinated are scapegoated even though loads of the people in hospital with coronavirus are also vaccinated and still spreading the virus around.

- Unvaccinated are classed as selfish even though massive amounts of unvaccinated people will now have had covid and so have immunity after getting the virus. It's been repeatedly said that this type of immunity can be better than vaccine immunity.

- Ivermectin has been regularly lied about or misreported on. The fact that media have made so many lies and errors could easily point to them reporting in favour of big pharma corps wanting to keep making billions from vaccines and upcoming pills without any big competition. Saying horse paste over and over again doesn't make this go away.

- Allowing governments to mandate injections and decide where you go with covid passes could be the start of heading down a path where they take advantage of that power to ensure that any type of freedom we used to have is gone for a long time to come.

Part 2.

The argument that "vaccines don't work because vaccinated people are still catching and transmitting the virus" is a false one. Vaccines do what they're supposed to do - safely and effectively reduce the risk of catching the virus, becoming seriously ill and infecting others. If you have an unvaccinated population and a vaccinated population, the virus will not be eradicated in either group, but it will be much less rife and less severe among the vaccinated group. Less suffering and fewer deaths is an outcome worth getting jabbed for.

Mandates shouldn't be necessary, because a properly informed population - as opposed to one that's punch-drunk on the bullshit that flies from all angles - would choose to get vaccinated against Covid as surely as we choose to protect our children from measles, TB, polio, etc.

Covid passes don't exist to stop the virus; they exist to allow those of us who have taken precautions to keep ourselves and others safe to have as normal a life as possible, with greatly reduced risk of catching Covid. If people choose not to get vaccinated (or to take a test) then they opt out of that sort-of-normal life, as surely as someone who chooses to get pissed opts out of legally being able to drive. Once they've made that choice, they live with it; I can't be arsed with any of their bleating that they're being scapegoated or marginalised or being called selfish or whatever.

I've never understood the fetish for Invermectin. Why are the "do your own research" crowd fixated on a product of Big Pharma that's not proven to be safe and effective, but vehemently opposed to the products of the same industry that are proven to be safe and effective?

The "slippery slope to tyranny" argument is - in the UK, at least - the opposite of truth. Laws are being passed in Parliament to strip us of all sorts of rights, freedoms and legal protections. These laws have nothing to do with the response to Covid, but they are being passed without a squeak of protest, because everybody's looking the other way and squealing "but if they make you cover your nose and mouth on the bus, then they'll force you to wear a bin on your head at all times! Is that what you want? 'Cos that's what'll happen."

• Upvote 1

The definition of vaccine has been changed. 

From 2015 to Aug. 31, 2021, a vaccine was defined as “a product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease” and vaccination was “the act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.”

https://web.archive.org/web/20210826113846/https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm

The new definition for the vaccine now reads, “A preparation that is used to stimulate the body’s immune response against diseases,” while vaccination is “the act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce protection from a specific disease.”

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm

50 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Part 2.

The argument that "vaccines don't work because vaccinated people are still catching and transmitting the virus" is a false one. Vaccines do what they're supposed to do - safely and effectively reduce the risk of catching the virus, becoming seriously ill and infecting others. If you have an unvaccinated population and a vaccinated population, the virus will not be eradicated in either group, but it will be much less rife and less severe among the vaccinated group. Less suffering and fewer deaths is an outcome worth getting jabbed for.

Mandates shouldn't be necessary, because a properly informed population - as opposed to one that's punch-drunk on the bullshit that flies from all angles - would choose to get vaccinated against Covid as surely as we choose to protect our children from measles, TB, polio, etc.

Covid passes don't exist to stop the virus; they exist to allow those of us who have taken precautions to keep ourselves and others safe to have as normal a life as possible, with greatly reduced risk of catching Covid. If people choose not to get vaccinated (or to take a test) then they opt out of that sort-of-normal life, as surely as someone who chooses to get pissed opts out of legally being able to drive. Once they've made that choice, they live with it; I can't be arsed with any of their bleating that they're being scapegoated or marginalised or being called selfish or whatever.

I've never understood the fetish for Invermectin. Why are the "do your own research" crowd fixated on a product of Big Pharma that's not proven to be safe and effective, but vehemently opposed to the products of the same industry that are proven to be safe and effective?

The "slippery slope to tyranny" argument is - in the UK, at least - the opposite of truth. Laws are being passed in Parliament to strip us of all sorts of rights, freedoms and legal protections. These laws have nothing to do with the response to Covid, but they are being passed without a squeak of protest, because everybody's looking the other way and squealing "but if they make you cover your nose and mouth on the bus, then they'll force you to wear a bin on your head at all times! Is that what you want? 'Cos that's what'll happen."

This is the equivalent of someone deepthroating a jackboot. 

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Part 2.

Everything this government does is about stripping the people of rights. They just use whatever convenient excuse there is at the time to justify it. If people superglue themselves to the road (in protest of climate change), they'll use that to make sure people can be stopped, searched and even arrested, on the presumption that they are organising a protest. The whole response to COVID is just to push through ID cards - which are a reality now with the Vaccine Passports. The Chinese social credit system is soon to follow. 

The whole thing is about playing people off against each other - the vaccinated vs the unvaccinated. Divide and conquer. Meanwhile, the government are flagrantly disobeying their own rules - with complete impunity, might I add. You can't see your dying mother in the hospital, but it's okay for Matt Hancock to go for a booty call with his mistress. All the plebs are in lockdown, but let's have a big fuck off quiz and party like it's 1999. It was ever thus. 

"Go back to bed, Britain. You are free to do as we tell you."

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Everything this government does is about stripping the people of rights. They just use whatever convenient excuse there is at the time to justify it. If people superglue themselves to the road (in protest of climate change), they'll use that to make sure people can be stopped, searched and even arrested, on the presumption that they are organising a protest. The whole response to COVID is just to push through ID cards - which are a reality now with the Vaccine Passports. The Chinese social credit system is soon to follow. 

The whole thing is about playing people off against each other - the vaccinated vs the unvaccinated. Divide and conquer. Meanwhile, the government are flagrantly disobeying their own rules - with complete impunity, might I add. You can't see your dying mother in the hospital, but it's okay for Matt Hancock to go for a booty call with his mistress. All the plebs are in lockdown, but let's have a big fuck off quiz and party like it's 1999. It was ever thus. 

"Go back to bed, Britain. You are free to do as we tell you."

Vaccine passes are not ID cards. 

The noise over Covid - and all the derps farting on about masks and Covid passes - is the smokescreen behind which the completely unrelated dirty work is going on. Anyone howling "but what about my FREEEEDOM???" over public health measures is looking the wrong way.

• Like 1

Assuming at least one of you must have attracted a girlfriend how do you feel about her taking the pill (again, assuming you have sex).  It’s a less than 100% effective medicine, taken on a regular basis and can have serious side effects.  Let’s forget the fact she’s taking the risk for you as usual.