You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest 90s Film - Nominations

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I encourage people to go back and watch Good Will Hunting though. I watched that a few weeks ago. It has aged very well. Absolutely brilliant. Considering Damon and Affleck wrote the fucker in college, and it was their first film… unreal. And I think Robin Williams’ finest performance. 

I totally forgot about Good Will Hunting. It is a great film.

18 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

The actress in Naked was a friend of my ex wife. When she took her clothes off but David Theellis turned her down becuase “you remind me of my mum” , this wasn’t in the script and he just made it up on the spur of the moment. Tough day at the office for her. 

Most things in Mike Leigh's films are apparently not in the script. He reportedly asks actors to develop their characters on their own.

I always wondered about that chocolate in Life is Sweet.

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Oh, aye, it’s the fucking GF. I’m expecting Titanic to romp home. 

And yeah, Pulp Fiction is unbelievable. I encourage people to go back and watch Good Will Hunting though. I watched that a few weeks ago. It has aged very well. Absolutely brilliant. Considering Damon and Affleck wrote the fucker in college, and it was their first film… unreal. And I think Robin Williams’ finest performance. 

Good Will Hunting is a superb film, was high up on my list but fell short. Mate, Good Morning Vietnam is Robin Williams best film and I was the only one who nominated it in the 80's thread which proves that this is a forum being watched by interpol. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I somehow managed to forget Pulp Fiction and The Shawshank Redemption.  I very nearly picked The Witches. Home Alone 2 > Home Alone.

"Hi, can you please direct me to the Tony's full of shit room?"

"Oh yeah, I just left, it's over there" 

xWl.gif

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Good Will Hunting is a superb film, was high up on my list but fell short. Mate, Good Morning Vietnam is Robin Williams best film and I was the only one who nominated it in the 80's thread which proves that this is a forum being watched by interpol. 

Dead Poets Society, Awakenings, The Birdcage.

Also Insomnia, Deconstructing Harry, Good Will Hunting too (supporting roles only).

3 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Glengarry Glen Ross

Fallen

L.A. Confidential

Menace II Society

Cop Land

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves

Saving Private Ryan

Boys n the Hood

Ghost Dog: The way of the Samurai

The Lion King

Superb set of films. Out of rep. Push your dick through cubicle 4 

6 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Glengarry Glen Ross

Fallen

L.A. Confidential

Menace II Society

Cop Land

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves

Saving Private Ryan

Boys n the Hood

Ghost Dog: The way of the Samurai

The Lion King

Ghost Dog and Cop Land rep.

I've got a shortlist of 28.  (For the 80s, I was struggling to find 10.)

I'm doing a thing that Stig hates, by ignoring films that are already well-represented. 

Falling Down

Toy Story 

Ed Wood

The Fifth Element 

Dead Man Walking

Office Space 

Death Becomes Her

Abre Los Ojos

There's Something About Mary

The Remains of the Day

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2