You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British Band Tournament ... (Like the Sitcoms)

Bjornebye

Just now, PestiRed said:

Good point although tbf I think you can start at the winner. I’ll be surprised and a bit disappointed if the Stones don’t walk this 

Yeah same. With the rest of the world one and a US one I don’t think there is a clear winner like in the British one. 

5 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Yeah same. With the rest of the world one and a US one I don’t think there is a clear winner like in the British one. 

USA - struggle to call an outright winner although that doesn’t speak to a higher quality of music than U.K. 

RoW - hard to see past Cohen, Cave or Marley 

Edit: just realised that you might struggle to call these bands and U.K. would get more interesting if you threw in Bowie and a few others

3 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Good point although tbf I think you can start at the winner. I’ll be surprised and a bit disappointed if the Stones don’t walk this 

I was tempted to leave the Stones out but if I'm honest of they come up against The Jam they can fuck right off 

3 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

USA - struggle to call an outright winner although that doesn’t speak to a higher quality of music than U.K. 

RoW - hard to see past Cohen, Cave or Marley 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

AC/DC vs U2 innit?

I rest my case. 

Include solo artists to increase the pool. 

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

We going to do a post-final vote with the eventual winner going up against the Beatles (entering in the final scene like some kind of skiffle Shao Khan)?

Might have too. Mind you the way some cunts are voting I could have put the Beatles in from the start and them gone up against Dexys Midnight Runners and still lost votes. 

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

What about rest of the world excluding the UK and the States? Combined bands and solo artists. They’d have to be artists that were big or rated highly over here though or no one will vote for them. No use putting in a French band who are big in France but unheard of over here. 

Few off the top of my head if anyone wants to add on. 

U2

Thin Lizzy

Rush
INXS

Rory Gallagher

Neil Young 
Van Morrison

Boomtown Rats
Leonard Cohen
AC/DC

Justin Bieber

The Band