You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British Band Tournament ... (Like the Sitcoms)

Bjornebye

Without The Beatles and Fleetwood Mac (who are British American) because no-one else would stand a chance. 

Feel free to leave some suggestions if you think I've missed blatantly obvious ones. Here is a preliminary list of 30 (need 32) based on gross sales and I've added bands on after The Police (in the list) who I think have to be included but will take a general opinion over the next few days.  Feel free also to call me a cunt. I will do 1 tie per day until we are done and use the randomiser. 

Led Zeppelin

Queen

Pink Floyd

Rolling Stones

Depeche Mode

Dire Straits

Genesis

Iron Maiden

Pet Shop Boys

The Who

Black Sabbath

Def Leppard

Oasis

The Police

T-Rex

Radiohead

The Clash 

The Jam

The Verve

Stereophonics

Manic Street Preachers

Sex Pistols

Blur

The Kinks

The Cure

Arctic Monkeys

Pulp

The Small Faces

The Libertines

Kasabian

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yeah, you forgot to call Stig a cunt. 

Pulp in before the Roses. What a fucking cunt. 

I don’t feel I’m quite of the necessary status to call one of the forum mainstays names. However, between me and you, this list has made me lose all respect for the cunt. 

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I don’t feel I’m quite of the necessary status to call one of the forum mainstays names. However, between me and you, this list has made me lose all respect for the cunt. 

Just posting pure shite 30+ times a day doesn’t make him a forum mainstay. You of all people should understand this. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Got to have The Happy Mondays and The Small Faces in there as well. 

Like The Yardbirds, I don't think they had enough hits. The Small Faces I looked at but wanted some more modern bands in as well. Not everything great only came from the 60's, 70's and 80's. 

Primal Scream need to go in. I might do 64 bands fuck it. Why not 

I'll add

The Stone Roses

The Smiths

Yardbirds

The Small Faces

Motorhead

Muse

Biffy Clyro

Cream

The Animals

The The

The Damned (For Redderz) 

Add away 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Like The Yardbirds, I don't think they had enough hits. The Small Faces I looked at but wanted some more modern bands in as well. Not everything great only came from the 60's, 70's and 80's. 

I know. They were great though. 

29 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

The Smiths? The Stone Roses? Not necessarily sales but certainly influence on others. 

Maybe I’ve misunderstood the rules. 

Echo & the Bunnymen were hugely influential, too.

He's included that Slade tribute act from Burnage, but not Slade.

It's a list of rock bands, as though no other genres existed.

Apart from that  - cool thread, Stig.