You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's the story behind your username and avatar?

Remmie

Picked it out of the ‘Forumites With Shit Handles’ thread after Remmie had stolen the idea from a user on a Crystal Palace forum originally. 

Avatar was simply Birdseye for a long time until a couple of other people stole the ‘Captain Turdseye’ moniker from a Crystal Palace forum and uploaded pictures like the one I use now. 

• Upvote 1

Avatar has been 4 different ones over the years. Mr Horse from Ren & Stimpy, Angel Dust (Faith No More for the ignorants) album cover, then another FNM album, Sol Invictus and for some reason decided to go for Phylis from Corrie. I’m gonna change it soon.

The name, well that comes from the True GF King, Remmie. I asked for a new username, and Remmie stepped forward (as per) and it’s been this for at least 13 of my 14 years on here. 

I’ve never looked back since. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

and we shall baptise this child in the name of the lord, what's his name? are we calling him robbie or... we baptise this child in your name RobbieOr in your name lord

It's Mr OR to you 

Arthur Friedenreich - tricky outsider, broke the mould in Brazilian football, was the among the first black players to play for Brazil when it was still considered a gentleman's game, plus he was half german so he kopped stick for everything, used to plaster his hair down to try and fit in. watched a boss documentary on him once.

I'm an awkward sod who tries hard to fit in

avatar - pete seeger, fought for what he believed in, not everyone agreed with him, but i think he was a fucking legend in the truest sense, and I'm not down with the fascist groove thang. will go back to that crazy tin foil hatted lee scratch perry mofo soon, as he i also a fucking boss bloke worthy of avatarity.

17 hours ago, Thoth said:

Username - Egyptian god of wisdom and learning .. the polar opposite of the person who is typing this!

Avatar - As most of my day is taken up dealing with HR and disciplinary issues I am known as the Dr of death at work cause if you have to have a meeting with me it might end badly haha.

Your previous avatar was brilliant but probably not for epileptic!

Spent years as Aggers Elbow after a glorious bit of payback but it's very dated now. Blame Arthur F and his Stevebaby tribute mindfuck for showing how easy it is to change. Used Evelyn Tentions as a bit of fun but became SpartaKus for Stevebaby day with the original Spartacus, Kirk Douglas. Went back to Evelyn Tentions and used a pic of one of my childhood hero's, Gerry Byrne. I used to use a bouncing bird but I think I was unique in finding it funny.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Spent years as Aggers Elbow after a glorious bit of payback but it's very dated now. Blame Arthur F and his Stevebaby tribute mindfuck for showing how easy it is to change. Used Evelyn Tentions as a bit of fun but became SpartaKus for Stevebaby day with the original Spartacus, Kirk Douglas. Went back to Evelyn Tentions and used a pic of one of my childhood hero's, Gerry Byrne. I used to use a bouncing bird but I think I was unique in finding it funny.

Evelyn Tentions is a brilliant name.

2 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Fuck sake, that's who you were.

Back in 2001 when I registered my first name was taken, my middle name was taken and so finally went with where I lived (Nunavut) as I knew there would be no one living in the Canadian Arctic registering on a Liverpool FC forum.

Avatar used to be a tapir- saw one live in the jungle in Mexico. Now its Mr Lahey from Trailer Park Boys- him and Randy are true Canadians.

Almost stopped posting early on when I said we should bin Jerzy Dudek and was told to 'go fuck an elk' and got a load of grief on seal clubbing. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Almost stopped posting early on when I said we should bin Jerzy Dudek and was told to 'go fuck an elk' and got a load of grief on seal clubbing. 

Brilliant! I'm not sure I've ever heard anything more TLW than "go fuck an elk," especially comical given that it really should have been caribou instead.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3