You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton away, Saturday 7th April 12.30

Grinch

One of the great mysteries of the season.

Massive gap in quality between Liverpool and Everton, but they get two draws.

A point? I’ll take it. Bigger fish to fry and all that.

It did show us the lack of depth though. We had nothing up front.

First draw was a gift from a bad ref decision. 

This game comes 2 days after an intense 90 minute game against the current best team in the league. With a team that looks disjointed due to the amount of players returning from injury or having little game time. I'd be reluctant to state there's a lack in quality due to writing a lot of those players off early. If we are though, let's write Karius off too as a few weeks back he was gash and yet, despite games, he's been fairly decent of late. 

Let's not rush to conclusions. 

0-0, is a decent result. It's given players enough time to keep warm for Tuesday and keeps up within the top four race. 

Everton are fucking shite. 

• Upvote 1

Happy enough that we showed we can grind out a result in these type of scrappy games once again.

A defeat might have dented momentum. One point away in the derby, even with 4 or 5 regular starters not playing is fine with me. On to more important matters.

Yeah, what's worse, being shite for 90 minutes in pretty much the only game we needed them to be good in, or being shit for 20 minutes when having to play basically left wing back? 

I don't think judging any player on his first start under this manager is particularly fair.  I'm sure he was disappointed with his performance, but the supply the forwards received was piss poor today. 

First draw was a gift from a bad ref decision.

This game comes 2 days after an intense 90 minute game against the current best team in the league. With a team that looks disjointed due to the amount of players returning from injury or having little game time. I'd be reluctant to state there's a lack in quality due to writing a lot of those players off early. If we are though, let's write Karius off too as a few weeks back he was gash and yet, despite games, he's been fairly decent of late.

Let's not rush to conclusions.

0-0, is a decent result. It's given players enough time to keep warm for Tuesday and keeps up within the top four race.

Everton are fucking shite.

Massive gap in quality between Salah/Firmino, and Solanke/Ings.

I’m not writing anybody off though. Solanke might get good enough, he’s young still. Ings was borderline Liverpool quality when we signed him, two massive injuries later, and he deserves a lot of credit for fighting back to play. However, we absolutely need more quality in the final third.

First choice front three are excellent. After that, a massive gap. Our best eleven can go toe to toe with the best team in the league and do well. But our squad is a bit short of fighting them over a whole season. Needs more quality added in the summer, and I’m sure we will see it.

• Upvote 1

Point gained. Clean sheet. No injuries. Second string. Lovren getting his mistakes out of the way now. Walcott in Kalvan's pocket for most of the game. Tosun doing the job of an extra defender for us. Rooney v Fat Sam behind closed doors. Everton's best chance to win a Derby in forever has been and gone. A pedestrian afternoon's work.

Sam's game plan getting slated on TSN1. Last chance of the season for a big win. Showed stupid amount of respect to a Liverpool B side.

• Upvote 2

Southgate trying to disguise himself as a farmer so he doesn’t have to go to Russia, get knocked out in the first round and get portrayed as a root vegetable in the tabloids.

We've had a turnip , Bruce has the potato position nailed down so its got to be parsnip head   

Really struggled after Sadio and Milner came off. At least, that should serve as confirmation that Firmino simply should not be played outwide and that we need much better back up than Solanke and Ings going into next season. Other than that, bit of a nothing game. Good to see that Clyne hasn't lost any of his pace.

• Upvote 1

Yup, making a few changes to our forward line, shouldn't mean playing players that wouldn't get off Everton's bench.

I think Klopp gambling on the wage thief Sturridge is where all the problems in that area stem from - had he been reliable/still capable then we'd not see such a drop off.

But clearly he wasn't and Klopp got that one wrong.

Solanke instead of Origi should have gone on loan IMO too.

Hopefully it will get tidied up in Summer as we have to improve what we have behind our brilliant starters up top/be able to rest them and not be totally blunt.