You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton away, Saturday 7th April 12.30

Grinch

The ten point gap on Chelsea means we can shuffle the pack in the derby. Top four is not settled yet, but it's more important to keep enough players fresh enough to finish the job at the Etihad. 

Everton are rubbish, but even a rubbish Everton team spawned a jammy draw last time out against us. So it would be nice to shuffle the pack and see a few fringe players do well and grab all three points. 

We've got bigger fish to fry, but it would be something if our back ups can do the business. There would be a lot of mileage to gain having a laugh at Everton's expense on the back of that. 

Hmmm, strange one this, was originally worried they'd kick Mo off the pitch but looks like he'll be out anyway. I'm not sure klopp will rest many, it doesn't seem his style this season.

I really don't want to lose against them but in the great scheme of things I'd rather win again next Tuesday so I may accept a point!

• Upvote 1

The following players ABSOLUTELY MUST NOT play 90 minutes:

Lovren

van Dijk

Robertson

Mane

Firmino

and Salah shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch. So, Jurgen, you can have a maximum of 3 of those players to start, as long as you plan on taking them off by 65-70 minutes or so.

I know it goes against your nature, but just let the kids have a go. Woodburn, Solanke, Ings. They should all be starting. Maybe even Masterson if you're really desperate or Klavan can't go. Clyne too, maybe, let him get some minutes in his legs. But under no circumstance should we risk anyone who needs to be at his best to finish off this City tie. 

I'd go:

Karius

Clyne Lovren Klavan Moreno

Henderson

Wijnaldum Woodburn

Ings Solanke Mane

and just make sure that Mane and Lovren come off before 70 minutes. Maybe give Bobby 20 at the end for Mane if you think he needs a few minutes to keep him fresh.

• Upvote 5

Camp out on the edge of our own 18-yard box, have 10% possession, keep booting the ball out of play like a fly-half trying to find touch, and hope to nick something ill-deserved at the other end. The Blueshite won't know how to deal with that.

Or we can just do what we know we can do, and take them to the fucking cleaners.

Klopp has been taking every opportunity to criticize the fact that it's an early kick off and he's said it gives Everton an unfair advantage. Can't imagine him putting out something even close to a first choice lineup, but there are lots of players who are injured as well.

It'll be an ugly grind and a win will be very difficult despite how crap the opposition is. 

Klopp has been taking every opportunity to criticize the fact that it's an early kick off and he's said it gives Everton an unfair advantage. Can't imagine him putting out something even close to a first choice lineup, but there are lots of players who are injured as well.

It'll be an ugly grind and a win will be very difficult despite how crap the opposition is. 

But we'll manage{r} it.

0-1 (Solanke, Ings, Woodburn or, most likely, Lovren in the 94th minute)

Field our worst team possible and we will still make Everton pay for their insolence. Reserves, combacks, players fighting for their futures. Even if Sturridge was here I'd play him.