You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

city at home

kop77

Would love to put a stop to an oil-funded team that was nowhere a few years ago, like we did to Chelsea back in Rafa's day. I can tolerate City a bit more because of the football they play and I've never minded City but it would still be bad news if this club were to start dominating Europe too. They're so difficult to beat and it's a big blow that Matip and Can are out but I still fancy us scraping through.

Merseyside Police announce that team coaches will not take their usual route past the King Harry pub tonight “due to building works and to ensure the safety of fans”. They will instead travel along Arkles Lane, passing The Arkles pub before turning right onto Anfield Road.” #LFC

Merseyside Police have issued the following statement ahead of tonight’s Champions League quarter-final first leg against Manchester City.

“Fans attending the Liverpool v Manchester City match on Wednesday April 4 are advised the team coaches are not taking their usual route past the King Harry pub. Due to building works and to ensure the safety of fans, they will instead travel along Arkles Lane, passing The Arkles pub before turning right onto Anfield Road.”

Liverpool Football Club said: “Ensuring the health and safety of our fans and visitors is at the forefront of our all our procedures. The decision was therefore taken to redirect the team coaches via a new route following guidance from Merseyside Police.

"The club is working with the police and other key stakeholders to provide a safe environment for those supporters who wish to welcome the team ahead of the match against Manchester City. We have taken additional steps to make sure the area is as safe and secure as possible, whilst working with local residents to ensure that they remain unaffected by any potential fan activity. 

"We ask that any supporters who do wish to gather to show their passion and support for the team, do so in a friendly, respectful and considerate manner."

Just got a negative feeling that this will be a massive ask over the two legs.

Not sure if my thoughts are being guided by the drubbing at their place. But, there's a big argument that that result wasn't an accurate reflection of the quality of the two teams and the outcome was skewed by a combination of the Mané red and some serious shithousery and tool downing.

There's been worse Liverpool teams who've knocked out teams better than the City one. And Klopp has form for getting his Dortmund team to get unexpected results against bigger teams (not that City are a bigger club than us, but they're better).

We'll need to be at our best. They won't have it as easy as they did against Everton. But, midfield and right back are big concerns for us.

The lad who's sent me the team in the past has just messaged me with this same line up.

It's a pretty logical team, although I would have replaced one of Milner/Henderson with Wijnaldum, as he's better suited to harassing the City MF. A booking for Milner is nailed on today for those into betting on that sort of stuff...

I'm still positive, while everyone around me is terrified of this one, and opposing fans in my workplace are convinced we're going to be slaughtered over the two legs. I agree with the above poster viewing this as 60/40 for City, but for tonight I consider us favourites, and I'm going to put a decent wedge on us as well. 

I think we'll come racing out of the blocks and I can see us creating a few chances in the first 15-20 mins. It's vital that we score early though, as both our players and supporters might grow restless if City are allowed to dominate the possession (which they will) while the score is 0-0. The clue is to be clinical with our early chances, as after the game is settled City are going to create a few of their own, they are too good not to. 

I'm going for 3-1 on the night, possibly 3-2. Salah and Firmino to score, do we dare to hope for a set piece goal from one of Lovren or van Dijk!

Good luck everyone!!!