You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

city at home

kop77

If Trent starts then I’d go with 3 at the back for these. If emre’s fit, him and Henderson (I know) as a 2 with Robbo & Trent outside them.

I know Everton were shite yesterday, but the way these move the ball and the way our midfield allow players to walk past them I’d settle for a safe win without conceding.

Put the pressure on these for the home leg

The idea of being rivals with City is extremely unedifying.

If you are round the corner from us, or have been going head to head with us for trophies over 100+ years, then okay we are rivals.

Otherwise, you are free to dislike us, but we have no idea who you are. We don't know, and, frankly, we don't want to know.

• Upvote 2

Sour grapes but I can't take the likes of Chelsea, City or PSG that seriously. Middling sized clubs puffed up by in City's case $1.5 billion of spending over ten years and in City's case a pretty unpleasant regime using City as a vanity project to cleanse and normalise their regime's image.

Everything is underpinned by the massive spending including the players and an outstanding manager.

• Upvote 1

If Trent starts then I’d go with 3 at the back for these. If emre’s fit, him and Henderson (I know) as a 2 with Robbo & Trent outside them.

I know Everton were shite yesterday, but the way these move the ball and the way our midfield allow players to walk past them I’d settle for a safe win without conceding.

I have little doubt City will score on Wednesday, I fear our midfield will be badly exposed,

Just hope our front men are on target and we score more than them

TAA should really be getting more help from Matip although he needs to keep the right side of his attacker. Trent has not gone shit overnight just needs a good talking to. We have other options in Milner or Gini if Jurgen decides to change it. Someone said in the match thread that maybe Clyne would have got some minutes if Lallana had not pulled a sickie again after coming on which I think was a good shout. I would be really surprised if Clyne started but that said he was added to the CL squad so you never know.

Gini and Can for me , need mobility against theses cunts - Milner and Henderson were woeful yesterday

The one thing we absolutely MUST avoid is any kind of mental collapse after conceding a goal.

People talk about our defense being "woeful" or whatever, but the truth is it's quite good. MOST games. The problem is that every once in a while we concede and then just completely go to pieces and concede 3-4 in quick succession. Lovren is absolutely notorious for this - he makes one dumb mistake but instead of calming down, he goes out to "prove himself" and does two or three more stupid things in a row.

Instead, we need to remember that whoever wins this tie is going to have 5-6 goals over the two legs. Just because they score one is no reason to panic.

• Upvote 2

Sour grapes but I can't take the likes of Chelsea, City or PSG that seriously. Middling sized clubs puffed up by in City's case $1.5 billion of spending over ten years and in City's case a pretty unpleasant regime using City as a vanity project to cleanse and normalise their regime's image.

Everything is underpinned by the massive spending including the players and an outstanding manager.

How else do owners launder their money?

• Upvote 1