You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, sir roger said:

I'll believe it when I see it , unless they are letting Starmer re-write it.

Nope, unedited, in the new year.

That could be any time between now and March though.

Mate who would know told me last night and says it takes no prisoners, again second hand stuff.

For Starmer this could be the break from infighting and ‘that’s the past’ or some shit.

Anyhows, don’t shoot the messenger etc.

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Nope, unedited, in the new year.

That could be any time between now and March though.

Mate who would know told me last night and says it takes no prisoners, again second hand stuff.

For Starmer this could be the break from infighting and ‘that’s the past’ or some shit.

Anyhows, don’t shoot the messenger etc.

Don’t mean to sound snide Bruce, but is this the same mate who said Starmer was always going to quit / get jibbed before the GE?

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I don’t remember anyone saying that as fact, more as opinion.

Thats still possible though, no?

But, no it isn’t.

You said he had regular contact with Labour’s top brass and was adamant about it. I inferred that he had some kind of inside info as opposed to just giving his opinion.

No, not possible at all imo - Starmer has always been set on being PM, and the Labour right will be happy to keep him in place as long as he continues the marginalisation of the left, which he set about from the beginning. Barring some massive scandal he’ll lead Labour into the next GE, and even if he loses I’m certain that if he cuts the Tory majority to 20-30 or less he’ll get to stay on and have another crack, citing Kinnock as precedent.

I’m equally sceptical about the Forde report. The only way I see an unedited, no punches pulled version being published with Labour’s consent is if the main thrust of it is criticising the left for the initial leak. Absent that It will stay buried indefinitely. Different story if a legal challenge forces its release.

15 minutes ago, Neil G said:

You said he had regular contact with Labour’s top brass and was adamant about it. I inferred that he had some kind of inside info as opposed to just giving his opinion.

No, not possible at all imo - Starmer has always been set on being PM, and the Labour right will be happy to keep him in place as long as he continues the marginalisation of the left, which he set about from the beginning. Barring some massive scandal he’ll lead Labour into the next GE, and even if he loses I’m certain that if he cuts the Tory majority to 20-30 or less he’ll get to stay on and have another crack, citing Kinnock as precedent.

I’m equally sceptical about the Forde report. The only way I see an unedited, no punches pulled version being published with Labour’s consent is if the main thrust of it is criticising the left for the initial leak. Absent that It will stay buried indefinitely. Different story if a legal challenge forces its release.

Yeah, he was pretty adamant that Starmer was disposable, after doing the dirty work, maybe that’s changed as he seems to be picking up traction and credibility outside our personal feelings, but hey-ho. This was at the time when he was tanking in the polls. Starmer is still politically isolated inside though, which is fucking odd.

Personally I think Starmer has the potential  be the head of a coalition government with the way the winds blowing, but that’s dependant on others buying in to it. He said today/yesterday things about not putting strong opposition in seats where the Lib Dems could win, so that’s a step towards that.

On the Forde, I have no idea apart from loose lips after many drinks, but there was mention of people being thrown out to the wolves, especially one high profile person who has caused all manner of problems.

Again, it’s ‘gossip’, but here we are.

More than happy to avoid it in future.

11 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, he was pretty adamant that Starmer was disposable, after doing the dirty work, maybe that’s changed as he seems to be picking up traction and credibility outside our personal feelings, but hey-ho. This was at the time when he was tanking in the polls. Starmer is still politically isolated inside though, which is fucking odd.

Personally I think Starmer has the potential  be the head of a coalition government with the way the winds blowing, but that’s dependant on others buying in to it. He said today/yesterday things about not putting strong opposition in seats where the Lib Dems could win, so that’s a step towards that.

On the Forde, I have no idea apart from loose lips after many drinks, but there was mention of people being thrown out to the wolves, especially one high profile person who has caused all manner of problems.

Again, it’s ‘gossip’, but here we are.

More than happy to avoid it in future.

From an.outsiders perspective I still think its raynor who has the most impact and personally I'd much prefer her as leader.

I just cant take to starmer at all and whilst that cunt is hopefully imploding, I don't think he has got the support around to win an election. 

Though like you say a coalition could maybe be the only way to finally jettison that shower.

When I've been down at Jezza's allotment "borrowing" some weed I've seen Piers a few times doing the same. At first I thought it was going to be an issue and it was going to be a case of who got there first, but that problem soon passed as he told me I didn't have to worry and then explained how he only likes a tiny bit to help him come down off the acid.

That was my christmas story.

You're welcome.

David Lammy has apologised for nominating Jeremy Corbyn to be Labour leader in 2015 and said he is “staggered” that some individuals with deeply antisemitic views remain in the Labour party.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/dec/28/david-lammy-apologises-for-nominating-corbyn-to-be-labour-leader

mHFH4hZ.gif

On 25/12/2021 at 11:20, Arniepie said:

From an.outsiders perspective I still think its raynor who has the most impact and personally I'd much prefer her as leader.

I just cant take to starmer at all and whilst that cunt is hopefully imploding, I don't think he has got the support around to win an election. 

Though like you say a coalition could maybe be the only way to finally jettison that shower.

I really like her but I feel she’s an easy target for ridicule from the Tory press that run the country 

On 25/12/2021 at 11:49, Red Phoenix said:

When I've been down at Jezza's allotment "borrowing" some weed I've seen Piers a few times doing the same. At first I thought it was going to be an issue and it was going to be a case of who got there first, but that problem soon passed as he told me I didn't have to worry and then explained how he only likes a tiny bit to help him come down off the acid.

That was my christmas story.

You're welcome.

Piers Corbyn is a Cunt. Jeremy is one of the best of humanity, you know by fighting for human rights all his adult life (Piers will claim to be the same but let’s face it, he’s a Cunt) 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I really like her but I feel she’s an easy target for ridicule from the Tory press that run the country 

Any left leaning leader would be attacked and ridiculed. What Labour need is someone with the charisma and backbone to stand up to it. That would also include fucking off the usual suspects on the right of the party who would doubtless be joining in with the attacks.