You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

8 minutes ago, Numero said:

You saying Labour suspended Corbyn isn't explaining how it boxed them into a corner with this as evidence? These things were happening before Starmer came, before the report, before Corbyn responded, after what he responded with, before Starmer's response, after his response, and after Corbyn was suspended. The idea that if Labour didn't suspend Corbyn this would all be fine and Bod wouldn't have been foaming at the mouth every day since Corbyn's response, and it was the decision to suspend him that boxed him into a corner rather than inheriting a fucking SHITSHOW is patently ridiculous in my view. 

I'm not sure, most factions seemed ok with the report, of course some will never be happy, I thought Starmer would reasure the doubters which he seemed to be doing, then Labour holds its hands up and moves on. The aftermath is where the mistakes were made, Starners speech was fine until he threw in the preposterous exaggeration caveat, it created an unnecessary line which proved impossible not to cross.

18 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I'm not sure, most factions seemed ok with the report, of course some will never be happy, I thought Starmer would reasure the doubters which he seemed to be doing, then Labour holds its hands up and moves on. The aftermath is where the mistakes were made, Starners speech was fine until he threw in the preposterous exaggeration caveat, it created an unnecessary line which proved impossible not to cross.

I guess that’s just another point of disagreement. 

Why doesn't Corbyn just retire? He's 71 and got a few quid, he should take a leaf from Skinners book who always said he would retire the same as working men do to free up a job for someone else, unlike the old twats in the house of lords.......oh hang on

As much as I love Corbyn, this is a stupid move. Like A Red says, he should just retire and live his life out on his allotment (If he has one, he looks like an allotment kind of guy) and be without pressure and negative attention. Nothing he can achieve now will ever stop the Tories/Dail Mail etc calling him anti-semitic and a terrorist sympathiser. The Labour party doesn't need this sideshow at all. Not when the tories are beating themselves further into the ground day by day. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

@KateEMcCann: Understand a group of Labour MPs have warned Sir Keir Starmer they may resign the whip if Jeremy Corbyn has the whip reinstated. They're furious, gutted and feel it undermines work done to rebuild bridges with the Jewish community.

See ya then. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

As much as I love Corbyn, this is a stupid move. Like A Red says, he should just retire and live his life out on his allotment (If he has one, he looks like an allotment kind of guy) and be without pressure and negative attention. Nothing he can achieve now will ever stop the Tories/Dail Mail etc calling him anti-semitic and a terrorist sympathiser. The Labour party doesn't need this sideshow at all. Not when the tories are beating themselves further into the ground day by day. 

It's about the rules though rather than whether there's an aura around him in my view.

It was right that he was suspended. He said something he'd been told not to say, not disciplining him would have made the new leadership look weak. 

But he's done the right thing, he's shown contrition and that should be that. 

Some of these people will never be happy and if labour had booted corbyn just at their behest, then it would have been endless open season. Don’t like your politics or even your face? No problem, we know how to get you booted out. 

The sinister shit from that curly twat from eastenders recently where she said to someone on twitter "be careful or you might find yourself being investigated too!" summed it up. Deal with the problem if it's a problem, but the party can't let itself be bullied by these fucks.