You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

Klopp won the league and cup double in 2012. Has reached two European finals since plus a league cup final. 

I'm not trying to convince myself anything, just pointing out that the hype surrounding this appointment is mental when you look under the surface of what has happened to Mourinho at Madrid and Chelsea.

I've no doubt it will end in tears with most likely a sacking for shitcoat with the mancs.

But before it went to shit at the other clubs you mentioned he won trophies. 

That's more or less how i'd predict it going again. He'll spend a shitload of money on players for instant success before the wheels come off in the 3rd year as per normal.

What i'm hoping for and it's more in hope than expectation is it goes tits up from the start and the media & fans turn on him very early.

You're right but so have we. I think the argument that Mourinho wont pull up trees and is an act of desperation is false. They have gone out and got the best manager they can (unless you think others are available) and will back that decision with a lot of funds. As has been proven money will buy quality and we know Mourinho can do with money especially in the short term.

With Mendes and Mourinho they seem better prepared to make the right decisions than Woodward and LVG.

We just seem to continuing to do what we normally do. Signing promising youngsters and hoping they make it. I'm still hopeful we will do better but with the signings to date while we are going to be hoping for a lot of luck.

They've gone and got a manager that steals headlines because City have got Guardiola. There doesn't seem to be any planning with what they want to do. Look at the players Mourinho and Mendes have signed in the past few years. Chelsea's squad isn't exactly littered with good players. Not good decision making there. It's a vanity appointment on the hope that Mourinho still has it rather than trying to put a structure together and build from there.

I've no doubt it will end in tears with most likely a sacking for shitcoat with the mancs.

But before it went to shit at the other clubs you mentioned he won trophies. 

That's more or less how i'd predict it going again. He'll spend a shitload of money on players for instant success before the wheels come off in the 3rd year as per normal.

What i'm hoping for and it's more in hope than expectation is it goes tits up from the start and the media & fans turn on him very early.

Relative to what he spent at Madrid he failed. 

They've gone and got a manager that steals headlines because City have got Guardiola. There doesn't seem to be any planning with what they want to do. Look at the players Mourinho and Mendes have signed in the past few years. Chelsea's squad isn't exactly littered with good players. Not good decision making there. It's a vanity appointment on the hope that Mourinho still has it rather than trying to put a structure together and build from there.

Is this the same chelsea squad people are tipping for the title? Mourinho left them with players that are more than capable. The fact they all downed tools for him (after he acted like his usual dickhead self) shouldn't matter. They will be eager to impress the new guy. Add to that a couple of new signings and things look great for them.

I think they will be a threat in the short to medium term and will address their major problems (with expensive signings) I agree it will go tits up eventually though.

Unfortunately the chelsea of today is how I see United ending up.

I get your points though I just feel they are too optimistic from our point of view and we will just have to push harder to get where we want to. I guess we just agree to disagree.

Klopp won the league and cup double in 2012. Has reached two European finals since plus a league cup final.

I'm not trying to convince myself anything, just pointing out that the hype surrounding this appointment is mental when you look under the surface of what has happened to Mourinho at Madrid and Chelsea.

Unfortunately, getting to finals counts for nothing unless you win them.

The hype is to be expected - It's Manchester United and Mourinho. Personally, I just avoid it.

Mourinho is at his dream club now. He's always wanted this job. Thinking he'll fight with players, staff, ownership and get himself in the same mire as he did at Chelsea is wishful thinking. He's obsessive-compulsive but he's not dumb. United hiring a winner like Mourinho isn't good news.

Is this the same chelsea squad people are tipping for the title? Mourinho left them with players that are more than capable. The fact they all downed tools for him (after he acted like his usual dickhead self) shouldn't matter. They will be eager to impress the new guy. Add to that a couple of new signings and things look great for them.

I think they will be a threat in the short to medium term and will address their major problems (with expensive signings) I agree it will go tits up eventually though.

Unfortunately the chelsea of today is how I see United ending up.

I get your points though I just feel they are too optimistic from our point of view and we will just have to push harder to get where we want to. I guess we just agree to disagree.

I think people tipping them for the title is based on them having no Europe but the reality is their squad isn't very good and they need a major rebuild because of what he left behind.

Mourinho is at his dream club now. He's always wanted this job. Thinking he'll fight with players, staff, ownership and get himself in the same mire as he did at Chelsea is wishful thinking. He's obsessive-compulsive but he's not dumb. United hiring a winner like Mourinho isn't good news.

The more I've been thinking about this over the past few days since his appointment the more I agree with your post. Initially I thought they might have hired a busted flush but I think you're correct. Time will tell I suppose.

It's not too much to ask to give him a proper bag rather than carry a plastic bag like a tramp? Highest paid manager in the world and he's got a carrier bag that's thinner than than his moral compass.

Either way I hope they charged him 5p for the fucking thing.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's wishful thinking, I believe it's just in the nature of the man, much like winning is. As for his dream job, well he made it clear that Madrid was too - as you'd expect for most Southern Europeans - and he failed to remain well balanced there.

He's not dumb, but he's also incapable of restraining his own rampant egotism and combative personality, it's those very things that help him win in the short term. When the first calls for him to play more expansive football come, or to put faith in Rashford - or similar youth - rather than Ibra, do you expect him to take it with good grace? I don't.

Two things are guaranteed with Mourinho: he'll win things in the short term and he'll leave after relationships at the club have broken down.

• Upvote 2

There's something rather sad about Mourinho, which that photo captures.

Don't get me wrong: he's hugely successful and wealthy and I think he'll do well at United (while antagonising us at every opportunity).

But he's pitiful as a human being.

• Upvote 2

What's all this shitcoat stuff? Have I missed something,his coat on the latest pictures looks quite dapper!

Sent from my cunt of a phone.

I've read about people like you, but had never previously witnessed one myself.

Reported.

• Upvote 3

There's something rather sad about Mourinho, which that photo captures.

Don't get me wrong: he's hugely successful and wealthy and I think he'll do well at United (while antagonising us at every opportunity).

But he's pitiful as a human being.

He looks for all the world like The Translator. I'm not a fan of the cult of Barca but they have Mourinho's number, and boy does he know it.