You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best pubs you've been in??

Harry Squatter

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The Halton Castle in West Derby is sound. Should have a Pool Table in the back. Best pub round here by a mile 

Ironically, the original Halton Castle is a pub in Runcorn and it's a bit shit.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

On its day The Snig can be good. Better here it’s not full of racist Tory right wing bellends 

I've always had a soft spot for The Croc

Think it dates back to copping off in there with older 'ladies' when younger.

Still go in there now whenever in town for games etc - fucking dead in the day though rarely seen more than 5 people in there mid afternoon for ages.

Pubs though no longer really do much for me full stop since gave up the ale.

The Swan Bar in Huyton used to be an old favourite too - had a rep but never saw any agg there and better than oak tree down road.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Was just called The Castle when I went there regularly ( about 35years ago) but it was in Halton Village.

Yes, I'm picky

8 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

When I lived in Acton, we used to drink in a little pub by the station called The Albion. First time in there, we got invited to a stay behind and didn't get home until 6 the following morning. Was rough as houses, but the people in there were sound. Living in London, finding a friendly place to drink where strangers will strike up a conversation and the barmaids remember your round after only a couple of times going there is like gold dust.

It's a fucking beauticians now. Cunts.

Do you still get decent service?

On 14/03/2024 at 16:34, YorkshireRed said:

Well that’s a bollocks. Hopefully it gets back open as soon as possible.

Enjoy your afternoon. 

Had an absolute belter. 

Duck & Drake

Crowd of Favours

White Swan

Headrow House

North Bar

Belgrave Music Hall

Salt

Craft beer in each one apart from Duck & Drake. Really disappointed that Foleys, once one of the finest real ale bars in Leeds, has turned into a shitty Carling & John Smiths place. A proper shame. Great afternoon out though in some awesome pubs with incredible beer. 

• Upvote 1

Billies bier cafe in Antwerp. Mainly craft beer and belgian beers, great little atmosphere, warm and does good food as well. 

The royal George, in Staithes, in Cleveland, north east Yorkshire. 

Staithes itself is a beautiful little fishing village, the royal George is a tiny little pub with a big open fire and some of the best home fare food you could imagine. Great atmosphere and people to. 

And then my local, the dragon inn, Tallaght village, in Dublin. 

Over 100 years old, doesn't do food, just good pints and local clientele. Also does an amazing pint of Guinness 

On 14/03/2024 at 13:52, Bjornebye said:

@mattyq where the fuck are you 

You cheeky swine... I seem to remember you and Stringy talking knowledgably about the best strap ons money could buy with them and, I have to say, that along with the damage to my eyes from Turdseye's cargos I was getting a bit nervous 

This was exacerbated when you tried to pull the one that looked like Tommy Robinson

Good times

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mattyq said:

You cheeky swine... I seem to remember you and Stringy talking knowledgably about the best strap ons money could buy with them and, I have to say, that along with the damage to my eyes from Turdseye's cargos I was getting a bit nervous 

This was exacerbated when you tried to pull the one that looked like Tommy Robinson

Good times

Hahahahaha lies !!!!! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheBitch said:

No love for Belfast in here. 

Some belting little boozers there I need to go back and find some more. 

The Duke

The Crown liquor saloon

Robinsons

Kellys cellars. 

Was up in Belfast in November with a mate of mine for two days, and I have to say, the atmosphere in the pubs was second to none. 

On 14/03/2024 at 22:16, redinblack said:

Was just called The Castle when I went there regularly ( about 35years ago) but it was in Halton Village.

Yes, I'm picky

Yeah, the pub was called The Castle, but the castle it was part of was Halton Castle.

I've vommed many a pint of Greenall's bitter outside there 

On 20/10/2015 at 20:37, Bjornebye said:

The Purple Turtle in Reading. Spent a whole saturday in there when I was meant to be at Reading festival. Only popped into town that morning for a shit and a brekkie. Went in there for a quick pint, left 7 hours later. Took a few lads off here after reading away a few years ago. Matty Q shit himself when two lesbians sat near us.

Sounds like The Purple Turtle is a theme pub for people popping in,or out if you like,for a shit and staying for a pint.

21 hours ago, TheBitch said:

No love for Belfast in here. 

Some belting little boozers there I need to go back and find some more. 

The Duke

The Crown liquor saloon

Robinsons

Kellys cellars. 

I love Belfast.

I’d throw in McNasties, Fibbers and The Harp.

Great little city, if you can turn your mind away from the agro on the outskirts of town.

On 14/03/2024 at 22:16, redinblack said:

Yes, I'm picky

Its basically on Castlefields (hence the name) but because its a shithole,I live there,they like to say it's in 'The Village.' This Village consists of one road and has virtually nothing in it but houses,an old Church and a corner shop. Its still a shithole pub though,I hear. I actually got married in the church next to it and had the reception upstairs in the pub.

• Upvote 1

Belgium has fantastic bars. Loads in Brussels, Ghent, Brugge, Antwerp. All recommended. Quite possibly the best beer in the world and sound people. You might have to leave a shoe raised in a basket depending on which beer you ordered in certain bars though. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

Belgium has fantastic bars. Loads in Brussels, Ghent, Brugge, Antwerp. All recommended. Quite possibly the best beer in the world and sound people. You might have to leave a shoe raised in a basket depending on which beer you ordered in certain bars though. 

Went to a bar in Brussels once with coffins for tables and the drink served in black glasses. Or maybe I dreamed it. Was a great bar though. 

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Sounds like The Purple Turtle is a theme pub for people popping in,or out if you like,for a shit and staying for a pint.

Do you remember this event? Fella gets smashed into by a double decker bus in Reading, gets back up then walks straight into the pub as planned regardless. Yeah that pub was the Purple Turtle. 

IMG_2657.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Do you remember this event? Fella gets smashed into by a double decker bus in Reading, gets back up then walks straight into the pub as planned regardless. Yeah that pub was the Purple Turtle. 

IMG_2657.gif

Committed to a sesh.

Got to admire it really.

Just now, manwiththestick said:

Committed to a sesh.

Got to admire it really.

Absolutely! Probably managed to swerve his wife for an hour while she’s shopping. No time to waste