You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

It's been obvious since this debacle started that the best option available is to stay in the EU and reforming it from within by having a voice. The wankers who wanted a 'No Deal' are happy to accept this new Deal which is Brexit in name only and without a voice in matters which will affect them, the mind boggles. 

So Blair was right all along?

The latest Westminster Voting Intentions tracker from Yougov shows that The Tory lead over the Labour Party has been maintained at 15%, with the Tories on 37% and the Labour Party on 22%.

In third place the Lib Dems recovered a point and are now three percent behind Labour on 19%. And the Brexit Party maintains its 11%, which probably means they are just outside the level of seat taking support.

Boris Johnson now leads Jeremy Corbyn in the who-would-be-the-best-Prime-Minister question, by 43 percent to Jeremy Corbyn's 20%. That's a lead of 23%, up from his last poll lead over Corbyn of 22%.

34 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

The latest Westminster Voting Intentions tracker from Yougov shows that The Tory lead over the Labour Party has been maintained at 15%, with the Tories on 37% and the Labour Party on 22%.

In third place the Lib Dems recovered a point and are now three percent behind Labour on 19%. And the Brexit Party maintains its 11%, which probably means they are just outside the level of seat taking support.

Boris Johnson now leads Jeremy Corbyn in the who-would-be-the-best-Prime-Minister question, by 43 percent to Jeremy Corbyn's 20%. That's a lead of 23%, up from his last poll lead over Corbyn of 22%.

I am not really a fan of polling generally and even more so in You Gov's case. Their background set up is snooing with Tory no-marks and is a constant and hefty outlier to similar polls , and always to the Tories benefit and Labour / Lib Dems detriment.

Tory gobshites arguing that Johnson's deal could have been rushed through, because it's 80% the same as May's deal, so MPs have had plenty of time to scrutinise it.

If I remember rightly, May's deal never made it to Committee stage, so noneof it has been scrutinised properly. 

Guest Pistonbroke

If the extension until the 31st January is granted and a GE follows does anybody think this will resolve anything? 

The Lib Dems will be happy, as they are only interested in gaining seats, which they most certainly will, and in doing so be a major player should a coalition be needed. The Brexit party will do well, especially when the knuckle draggers start screaming for a No Deal Brexit. Obviously the two main parties will suffer and I doubt either will have enough seats to govern outright. Any election would probably have to take place early December which is not enough time for canvasing etc, it will be in affect nothing more than a second referendum on Brexit but with a vote spread about instead of just a clear yes/no option. Of course, if No Deal isn't taken off the table completely then there probably won't be an election. 

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Loads of Labour voters don't vote because they don't want to go on the electoral roll. I'd love to see the results if they made everyone vote. 

In the terms of a  general election, I'd guess it wouldn't make any difference to the outcome. I reckon the vast majority of these people live in Labour constituencies anyway.

32 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

If the extension until the 31st January is granted and a GE follows does anybody think this will resolve anything? 

The Lib Dems will be happy, as they are only interested in gaining seats, which they most certainly will, and in doing so be a major player should a coalition be needed. The Brexit party will do well, especially when the knuckle draggers start screaming for a No Deal Brexit. Obviously the two main parties will suffer and I doubt either will have enough seats to govern outright. Any election would probably have to take place early December which is not enough time for canvasing etc, it will be in affect nothing more than a second referendum on Brexit but with a vote spread about instead of just a clear yes/no option. Of course, if No Deal isn't taken off the table completely then there probably won't be an election. 

It'll end up as we are and will be another 3 wasted months and a wasted extension.

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think I read that the minute an election is called all present MP's are not MP's any more and the HoP is closed for business so they would struggle with the ID bill.

They had it on trial in local elections, but yeah, for a GE it would have to pass as a Bill. Apparently during votes last year there was only 8 allegations of personal fraud. This ID scheme will cost about 20 million per Election.