You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Middle Class Generalisation Thread

Section_31

Yeah surely everyone goes back for more at the hotel buffet breakfast?

First day you go cooked breakfast, then go back for another bit of toast, then have a couple of croissants or little cakes.

Next day you think “I’ll just have some cereal and fruit, I don’t want to be a fat bastard”, so have that, then some bacon and eggs, then the croissants and cakes.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Nothing middle class about Costa.

The middle classes now go to independent coffee shops, and bring in their own reusable travel mugs to get served in.

With their dry robes on.

I see you looking, Mudface. I know I’m middle class. What can I say? …but I don’t have a dry robe

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Appalling shout about Costa, see the coffee thread for proper middle class coffee discussions - pour-overs, roasting profiles, freshness of the beans, spending disgusting amounts of money on equipment. 

Any "coffee" that comes out of an automated machine in a supermarket besmirches the wankery of middle class coffee snobbery.

• Upvote 2

Cath is from Edinburgh isn't she? It's King's Landing with neeps and tatties. She'll be outside those trendy bistros come fringe time in her pink North Face gilet handing out leaflets for shows called "Orinoko flow, the trials and tribulations of a Geisha and the stigma of feminine hygiene in modern Japan".

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Champ’s taking offence at these, she’s pyar middle class these days. 

I’m joking, of course. I go back for more at hotel breakfasts because I’m a fat cunt and want my tenner’s worth but even when my kids are eating free they’ll only ever go back for a second drink, never more food. I assume that’s because they’re not fat cunts and have already had their money’s worth. 

And Costa isn’t middle class. It may have been once but we’ve reclaimed it for the masses. I mean, my missus goes in there with the kids and we’re like 85% chav. 

I’ve never been anything else, Turds

2 hours ago, Champ said:

With their dry robes on.

I see you looking, Mudface. I know I’m middle class. What can I say? …but I don’t have a dry robe

Bit spooky, I only just went on this thread and had unread posts from last year. Middle class fortune teller?

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Bit spooky, I only just went on this thread and had unread posts from last year. Middle class fortune teller?

There’s no pretending when posters have met you (one. I never referred to myself as ‘one’ in my life) in real life

48 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Just to clarify as it was I that mentioned Costa, I wasn't saying Costa was a middle class trait, it was the almost uniform wearing of the Dryrobes.

Middle class patrons of Costa will stand out due to the fact they spend considerably more money on themselves than they do on their kid. 

"Full time mummy" will be in there with her mate with a panini, chai latte and cake of some description, the kids will share a fruit shoot while they play games, loudly, on the tablet."

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Karl_b said:

Appalling shout about Costa, see the coffee thread for proper middle class coffee discussions - pour-overs, roasting profiles, freshness of the beans, spending disgusting amounts of money on equipment. 

Any "coffee" that comes out of an automated machine in a supermarket besmirches the wankery of middle class coffee snobbery.

Don’t get me started on hotels providing automated coffee machines fat breakfast 

Just now, Section_31 said:

Middle class patrons of Costa will stand out due to the fact they spend considerably more on themselves than they do on their kid. 

"Full time mummy" will be in there with her mate with a panini, chai latter and cake of some description, the kids will share a fruit shoot while they play games, loudly, on the tablet."

These are not real middle class people, Section

7 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Nothing middle class about Costa.

The middle classes now go to independent coffee shops, and bring in their own reusable travel mugs to get served in.

Served by cunts with sleeve tattoos and over-groomed moustaches.

6 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Cath is from Edinburgh isn't she? It's King's Landing with neeps and tatties. She'll be outside those trendy bistros come fringe time in her pink North Face gilet handing out leaflets for shows called "Orinoko flow, the trials and tribulations of a Geisha and the stigma of feminine hygiene in modern Japan".

I live in Edinburgh. It has a lot to recommend it. I can’t be doing with The Fringe and most of the Hogmanay nonsense 

2 minutes ago, Champ said:

I live in Edinburgh. It has a lot to recommend it. I can’t be doing with The Fringe and most of the Hogmanay nonsense

The Christmas fair there is dreadful now. I refused to go this year after 2022 was so horrible. Ridiculous prices and horrendously overcrowded.

10 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

It's not a coat as it doesn't open, it's a pullover changing robe but seems to have been adopted by the Karen's as the must have dog walking accessory.

I've always felt that Sarah was a more apt name than Karen to describe unhinged mentalists. I've never met a mad Karen, but I've met loads of mental Sarah's. 

• Upvote 3