You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Middle Class Generalisation Thread

Section_31

2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

We were a few players short for my girls under 11 football match yesterday (last weekend of the school hols) so I had to borrow girls from the under 10s.  Athena, Pearl and Juniper.

Got to admit there are some cracking names down here . As a kid back in Liverpool I remember being amazed when a lad in our class told us his middle name was Edgar , poor lad took quite a bit of stick for it.

On 09/07/2023 at 19:24, Section_31 said:

The dads talk loudly in public to their babies/very young children.

"We need to get some sweeties for mummy, and some food for doggy. Don't we?"

I can't quite figure out why. Possibly a lack of social contact due to a high performing job role, or feeling the need to advertise there's a second income in the house in case his bank manager shops there.

Or maybe it's about engagement with their kids and helping with language development?

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/05/2023 at 14:29, Captain Willard said:

I’ve got a friend who is unimaginably rich but drives a battered VW Touran with the engine  warning lights constantly flashing and he wears Tescos jeans. 

I know a couple of multi-millionaires down here where I live. Born into it.

One fella I know, he’s called Torquil, blew all of his inheritance (couple of million quid) on coke and partying so now he runs errands for another millionaire we know who he was childhood friends with. Both of them are fucking mental. 

They talk about going to play cricket with people like Tim Rice, yet Torquil can’t stand him. Apparently he’s a bad knobhead. 

And yeah, they both drive bangers around. Torquil came up to Speke a couple of times to pick me up and bring me down here to visit my bird, and he was amazed by the shop I lived opposite to. A little shop called Bargain Booze. 

Amazingly, they both knew who Purple Aki was and I’ve been pestered for info about him by both of these fellas. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I know a couple of multi-millionaires down here where I live. Born into it.

One fella I know, he’s called Torquil, blew all of his inheritance (couple of million quid) on coke and partying so now he runs errands for another millionaire we know who he was childhood friends with. Both of them are fucking mental. 

They talk about going to play cricket with people like Tim Rice, yet Torquil can’t stand him. Apparently he’s a bad knobhead. 

And yeah, they both drive bangers around. Torquil came up to Speke a couple of times to pick me up and bring me down here to visit my bird, and he was amazed by the shop I lived opposite to. A little shop called Bargain Booze. 

Amazingly, they both knew who Purple Aki was and I’ve been pestered for info about him by both of these fellas. 

Torquil sounds like a cold and flu treatment you buy in posh shops.

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Torquil sounds like a cold and flu treatment you buy in posh shops.

He is the most racist, misogynistic person I’ve ever met. Even the younger version of me, less in tune with politics, etc, found it pretty uncomfortable at times, sat in the passenger seat with a bag of cans listening to his stories.

Maybe being born into proper wealth makes you a ‘orrible cunt. 

His mate though, he’s a good man. He was paying Torquil to drive to Liverpool and get me, as a favour to my bird because they’re friends. He’s a kind, funny and generous bloke but still totally fucking loopy. 

They like to get their money's worth at hotels, this includes saving the pillow chocolates as a future treat for the kids when they're asking for chocolate, and using the spa pool, even if they didn't brink trunks and have to use their underpants. Excessive apple and orange juice is also consumed at the buffet breakfast even if nobody really likes it. Plugs are also used at any opportunity to charge phones and kindles, even if they're at 98%. 

Complaints are also mandatory, even if nothing was wrong. 

• Upvote 2

Their kids are usually little crying cunts if they have even the slightest trip or fall because Mummy & Daddy treat it like the world is ending whenever it happens.

I was in the park with my daughter last week and one of the little bastards who was about 4 tripped over and was screaming. The parents were both sat on the floor cradling the little bellend and looked like they were going to cry as well

My daughter, who is two, ran down the slide the other day and face planted at the bottom, jumped up and proceeded to get back on the slide and run down it again. She is now sporting a big bruise just underneath her eye but was not even slightly bothered.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Mate of mine, proper middle class fop, is relying on a CPO for his dads place as his inheritance.

Never shuts up about it.

He’s gutted at all the delays and cuts.

Seen a thing a couple of years back about a village doctor who said she was endlessly prescribing anti depressants to village folk because of it even though it wasn't even that close. 

On 28/08/2023 at 08:20, Section_31 said:

They like to get their money's worth at hotels, this includes saving the pillow chocolates as a future treat for the kids when they're asking for chocolate, and using the spa pool, even if they didn't brink trunks and have to use their underpants. Excessive apple and orange juice is also consumed at the buffet breakfast even if nobody really likes it. Plugs are also used at any opportunity to charge phones and kindles, even if they're at 98%. 

Complaints are also mandatory, even if nothing was wrong. 

no middle class people use the spa pool.  Its like chav soup in there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Stouffer said:

Telling people that they listen to Radio 4.

Damn right. My old boss was one of them. He’d come into work and speak up conversations with some skewed opinion he’d gleaned from a segment he’d failed to understand.  

It would be purgatory listening to the today program on the way to work with this shitshow of a government and a country and world. Just whack on a podcast or something less highbrow and depressing in the morning. 

R4 entertainment is ace and is one of those things you can enjoy without needing to tell everyone 

The only time I listened Today was when my brother in law was a guest on it. The family was so proud when he signed off when thanked by John Humphreys for his analysis by saying, “no problem, cheers mate”.