You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge: Loving Every Minute

Lario

I'm seeing 2-3 weeks , where are people getting 4 months from?

I saw an article about him being injured for 3 months while playing for England, but when you read it- it's from last year. Just someone being devious. Probably a bored bitter.

I'll await the clubs assessment before getting hysterical.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-and-england-striker-daniel-sturridge-ruled-out-of-euro-2016-qualifier-with-switzerland-9715699.html

Plus he's also posted he's devastated on twitter

I'm seeing 4 months nowhere.

If he's devastated, that could be because he will miss our return to the Champions League in 2 weeks time, and rightly so - I'd be fucking mortified too. All the work he put in last season to get the big European nights back at Anfield, and he'll be in the stands. Imagine that for a sucker punch.

He's our main man now, he knows that and he's sitting it out. I'd imagine devastated is putting it mildly.

Of course I've overlooked the fact he may be gutted he's missing out on Mondays game too. I know we don't generally give two shits about international footy but the players might. Possibly.

Either way I think we should hang fire on the panic button pressing for now till he's been probably looked at by medical staff who's opinions actually matter. Ours.

It used to happen to Jamie Redknapp frequently. The pattern normally started with Jamie playing well enough for Liverpool to be selected for England. He'd get injured either in training or during a game and get out for a few months. After recovering from injury, he'd work his way back into the Liverpool team, get into a bit of form and be selected for England again. And the same thing would happen.

The one I remember most is when England beat Scotland at Euro 96. England had been shit in the first half so Venables changed the tactics by bringing on Redknapp to distribute the ball about and have Gascoigne push forward more. The switch changed the game in England's favour but Redknapp didn't complete the game because he got injured badly. I think he was out for about 6 months.

Lats year a injury to a forward meant either aspas, moses ....this year........Markovic,

Lallana, Coutinho and Borini, Lambert

If it's less than a month, then I agree, it will give opportunities to the other attacking players. Any more than a month and it will start to bite