You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Malaysian Boeing 777 goes missing

Red Banjo

• 2 weeks later...

Why turn the plane round and fly for hours in the complete opposite direction into the middle of the indian ocean if you wanted to commit suicide. The suicide argument is bollocks.

I saw a Documentary about it the other day and nearly all the experts ruled out suicide.

?

Did you miss the "Why turn the plane round and fly for hours in the complete opposite direction" bit?

Nope, but you are asking me to rationalise what is possibly suicidal behaviour, I can't do that. Why take 8 mins to hit the deck, he could have done it quicker?

So you acknowledge that suicide is now a real possibility?

Nope, but you are asking me to rationalise what is possibly suicidal behaviour, I can't do that. Why take 8 mins to hit the deck, he could have done it quicker?

So you acknowledge that suicide is now a real possibility?

I'd acknowledge it is an extremely small possibility.

I don't know enough about what happened with this flight yet to compare and contrast. I just think that it's one thing to lock a door, but it's another thing altogether to disabled transponders, avoid radar and fly for hours and hours evading detection.

I'd acknowledge it is an extremely small possibility.

I don't know enough about what happened with this flight yet to compare and contrast. I just think that it's one thing to lock a door, but it's another thing altogether to disabled transponders, avoid radar and fly for hours and hours evading detection.

Yes, he probably choked on the Chemtrails.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Mossad suicide agent.  Obviously someone very important on board.  Probably Iranian.  Only SD will know for sure, and he won't tell.

How many times have I told you, RP, it's not okay to log into other people's accounts.

It was more than likely a suicide. Certainly that's one of the main assumptions within aviation. The guy could have been trying to rationalise his actions, we just don't know. This Germanwings pilot could have just gone full nose down and been in the mountain in a minute. Instead he seems to have put it in a controlled emergency decent the same as if you had a decompression warning and so performed an emergency decent to 10,000 feet. It's quick and the Captain outside the flight deck and cabincrew will have immediately known something was very wrong, but it was still controlled.

Anyway, you simply can't rationalise depression. And I also don't think you can categorically rule out suicide for the MH crash. In fact, I'll be quite surprised if that's not what it was. Pilot error or system error just doesn't seem as plausible.

I find it strange that you can be so certain!

Nobody has given me a rational reason otherwise.

It isn't terrorism, I don't buy that it was hijacked and flown to Diego Garcia because that's fantasy and I have no other explanation. Why? I have no idea. But for me, the pilot has waited until his fellow co-pilot is out of the cockpit, locked him out like this guy the other day, done a fly by of his home island and then flown into the most vast, unexplored and remote places on the planet.

If they ever find the wreckage, I would be surprised if the black boxes revealed anything as I bet he disconnected them as well. He's trying to make sure his family get the best compensation payout going as even the slightest possibility of it being found could see them penniless.

Airbus planes are so advanced and modern, they don't just disappear into the drink for no reason. Until someone gives me a good counter point I honestly don't see any other explanation mate.

• Downvote 1

Nobody has given me a rational reason otherwise.

It isn't terrorism, I don't buy that it was hijacked and flown to Diego Garcia because that's fantasy and I have no other explanation. Why? I have no idea. But for me, the pilot has waited until his fellow co-pilot is out of the cockpit, locked him out like this guy the other day, done a fly by of his home island and then flown into the most vast, unexplored and remote places on the planet.

If they ever find the wreckage, I would be surprised if the black boxes revealed anything as I bet he disconnected them as well. He's trying to make sure his family get the best compensation payout going as even the slightest possibility of it being found could see them penniless.

Airbus planes are so advanced and modern, they don't just disappear into the drink for no reason. Until someone gives me a good counter point I honestly don't see any other explanation mate.

Of course they don't just disappear for no reason but then nobody is claiming that.  How do you know it isn't terrorism ? I won't rule out suicide but until the plane is found, I won't be ruling anything out. I've said it before, I just find it hard to believe that a plane like that could crash into the ocean and a year later not one single piece of it has been found. I also doubt this theory that the person in the cockpit was thinking about making it hard to find to secure compensation payouts to his family.  Has it been verified that the black box can be disabled from within the the cock pit ?

Not that it matters as the technologically is all the same but It wasn't an Airbus it was a Boeing 777. 

• Upvote 2

Of course they don't just disappear for no reason but then nobody is claiming that.  How do you know it isn't terrorism ? I won't rule out suicide but until the plane is found, I won't be ruling anything out. I've said it before, I just find it hard to believe that a plane like that could crash into the ocean and a year later not one single piece of it has been found. I also doubt this theory that the person in the cockpit was thinking about making it hard to find to secure compensation payouts to his family.  Has it been verified that the black box can be disabled from within the the cock pit ?

Not that it matters as the technologically is all the same but It wasn't an Airbus it was a Boeing 777. 

It was a Boeing, my mistake.

I don't think its a case of terrorism because this would be shouted from the roof tops by now. This is the most famous plane in the world at the moment. They would be falling over themselves to take credit if any credit was there to be taken. You can never rule out the fact that its going to be used in the future, but that's real loonpot conspiracy to which I don't describe.

I don't know if it can be disabled but you can pull the circuit breaker which has the same effect according to this and whoever has messed about with the transponder obviously has an intimate knowledge of the 777 cockpit. Obviously pre planned and methodically thought out over a period of time, hence my compensation theory.

As for the lack of wreckage I think that's easily explained - the plane went down on the 8th and they were completely flummoxed by the fact it wasn't in the drink where it disappeared from radar. There were storms in the area they ended up deciding was the best place to look and it wasn't far off the best part of 3 weeks before they got on site and into it properly. That's plenty of time for everything to sink, especially if the weather was bad.