You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Malaysian Boeing 777 goes missing

Red Banjo

Amazing that most people survived on this one. It looks like something out of a game. Look home the wing just clips the van in front. Scary shit!

As for the suicide theory, why disable the transponders? Why take a flight path that avoids radar? Why fly for hours to the middle of nowhere? Why not just fly it into the ground like a giant fucking dart!

• Upvote 2

Amazing that most people survived on this one. It looks like something out of a game. Look home the wing just clips the van in front. Scary shit!

As for the suicide theory, why disable the transponders? Why take a flight path that avoids radar? Why fly for hours to the middle of nowhere? Why not just fly it into the ground like a giant fucking dart!

He's suicidal and not thinking straight? Why did Isabella Blow drink weed killer to kill herself instead of choosing something a lot quicker and painless?

He's suicidal and not thinking straight? Why did Isabella Blow drink weed killer to kill herself instead of choosing something a lot quicker and painless?

Wow that's tenuous, but I have five minutes so I'll respond.

Blow had been telling friends she was suicidal for a year.

Blow had made several other unsuccessful suicide attempts (jumping off a flyover, OD on sleeping pills etc.)

Blow was clinically depressed.

The pilot had shown no signs of depression. None. Not a single sign.

Disabling transponders and taking a very complicated flight path in order to avoid radar are hardly acts comparable with somebody drinking weedkiller. They are cold calculated acts which would actually suggest a high degree of composure, logic and thought. Drinking weedkiller on the other hand is a desperate act with little consideration for anything other than wanting to be dead (she actually said that she worried she hadn't taken enough).

I'm not claiming to know what happened to MH370, I am just stating the facts which would seem to make suicide a very unlikely explanation.

Guest davelfc

Disabling transponders and taking a very complicated flight path in order to avoid radar are hardly acts comparable with somebody drinking weedkiller. They are cold calculated acts which would actually suggest a high degree of composure, logic and thought. Drinking weedkiller on the other hand is a desperate act with little consideration for anything other than wanting to be dead (she actually said that she worried she hadn't taken enough).

I'm not claiming to know what happened to MH370, I am just stating the facts which would seem to make suicide a very unlikely explanation.

Plus you'd guess someone would realise he was doing this, i.e. the co-pilot.

"what ya doing there?"

"Oh I'm disabling the transponders, changing course to avoid radar and I'm thinking of flying out to sea for hours and killing us all"

"oh righto, wake me up later"

There's certainly enough mystery about this for there to be a doubt about wether this place crashed. However if they ever got the black box back I am also sure the sequence of events would ultimately show it all made some sense at the time and it was pilot error along with hypoxia that did for them all in the end, or was it?

All I do know is that with the amount of flights I do I'll end up being upgraded to first and the damned thing will crash before I get my 'lay flat bed' in position.

I do have one recurring dream, it's being on an aircraft that is plummeting down to earth and as it crashes I wake up. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...