You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Not crushing plastic bottles to rid them of air and thus saving space before putting them in the recycling bin. Does my fucking tits in having to root around the bin to find said bottles, remove them, rid them of air and then find you now have half a bin spare to throw the rest of your shit in.

Idiot.

• Upvote 1

Not crushing plastic bottles to rid them of air and thus saving space before putting them in the recycling bin. Does my fucking tits in having to root around the bin to find said bottles, remove them, rid them of air and then find you now have half a bin spare to throw the rest of your shit in.

Idiot.

This all day long. Our bin got emptied the other day and the following day I went to chuck some paper in it and there was a big fuck off Amazon box just chucked in taking up most of the bin. Women.

• Upvote 1

Got an email from bet365 yesterday to tell me I had money in my account. Not used it for ages so thought maybe I'd a tenner in or something.

6p. Felt like invoicing them for my time they'd wasted

I got emailed by Vernons the other day telling me I had £100 in there and that because I hadn't used the account in x amount of days they were going to start charging me £10 per month as per terms and conditions 2.1.3a or some shit.

Withdraw.

Cunts.

Just spent an hour and a half trudging around Toys R Us. Hell on Earth.

Best place ever. 

I went into the one in southampton a few years ago hungover from the night before (still drunk) and booted a fly away right into some womans face. Accident like but it was funny as fuck. 

• Upvote 2

This all day long. Our bin got emptied the other day and the following day I went to chuck some paper in it and there was a big fuck off Amazon box just chucked in taking up most of the bin. Women.

No! Just thoughtless, can't be arsed behaviour. Or I've been married to a woman all this time

• Upvote 1

I feel sorry for kids nowadays, modern toys are rubbish.

Very much so.

My 7 year old got money to spend for her birthday so I found myself being dragged around Smyths Toy store yesterday for an hour.

What a load of tat. I managed to talk her out of buying a talking puppy that cost £30.

I concluded the only things worth buying were the wrestling figures- which I couldnt convince my wife would be a great idea for our 7 year old and 5 year old daughters to start collecting.  

• Upvote 1

Very much so.

My 7 year old got money to spend for her birthday so I found myself being dragged around Smyths Toy store yesterday for an hour.

What a load of tat. I managed to talk her out of buying a talking puppy that cost £30.

I concluded the only things worth buying were the wrestling figures- which I couldnt convince my wife would be a great idea for our 7 year old and 5 year old daughters to start collecting.  

And get this- she wasnt even remotely interested in Connect 4 or Electronic Battleship? 

• Upvote 1

The kids nowadays have no anticipation, nothing to look forward to. Everything is here and now. Sad really.

Waiting months and months for a film or album to come out was boss, queuing at the Carlton in Tuebrook or the little record shop in Briadway next to Woolies.

Agree

No imagination either

And get this- she wasnt even remotely interested in Connect 4 or Electronic Battleship? 

I don't have any kids, which is probably just as well, as I'd only buy them 1980s toys from eBay, and they would end up getting bullied at school. Modern toys are rubbish, though. Tonka toys and Transformers that are about as robust as a wet paper bag, no Action Man, etc. 

Toys R Us is great for the little ones but once they start getting a bit older the charm disappears. Went yesterday with my girls, 9 and 4. The nine year old had £130 in saved pocket money and some cash she got for selling all her hamster accessories after the rodent croaked it. She'd either grown out of, already had or wasn't interested in pretty much everything there and ended up just spending £25 on craft type stuff. Last time I took her she just bought a lava lamp and other decorative stuff for the bedroom.

My four year old had no money but I'd promised her a toy and she managed to change her mind about what she wanted at least eight times. Pain in the arse.

I've concluded that eight years old is probably the cut-off point for Toys R Us.

It's not the kids fault, but yeah they have no imagination because they don't need it. While we would take lego blocks and create a spaceship or a racing car, they not have lego technical that is just a kit and requires not a slice of imagination. Same with computer games, everything is done you do not need to imagine a thing.

I'd say that taking away the need for a good imagination while playing is bound to have a knock on effect for the development of kids these days. 

I've got a really nice pair of boots but they've got a tag bit at the back (see below, these aren't my boots but have the same sort of tag bit) & my suit trousers are always catching on the tag. It does my fucking head in. I've never seen anyone else having this problem ever, which makes it 10 times worse.

holton_waxy_black.jpg