You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mkhitaryan

Gym Beglin

And he's ridiculously overrated, looks a slightly above average player, no more no less

Beg to differ. Much better player than Mkhiteryan in my books. The fact that they are asking 10+ million for Eriksen even with only one year left on his contract still does not explain why we should be paying 20 million for a lesser player instead.

If it's true Dortmund is interested in Mkhitaryan, does that mean they've given up on Eriksen? If that's the case, I would much rather we go for Eriksen instead. He's a more complete player, seems far more suited to English football, has much more of a winning mentality and all in all is just a better player.

More rounded player how? Eriksen is not a goal scorer (he's a creator in the mould of Coutinho), but unlike Coutinho he is in fact easily marked out of games and doesn't stand up particularly well to physicality. He was invisible in Denmarks international against Armenia in a game Mikky boy bossed.

Ultimately we are looking at Mikky because we want a goal scoring midfielder, and he has a significant advantage in that area.

We've already got Coutinho, so I don't see the point in buying at this point in his career a lesser version. We need those goals from midfield, especially if Suarez leaves.

I guess I can understand it though if we don't have the cash and Eriksen will cost considerably less. I think Eriksen has a lot of talent, but he's a very inconsistent player at this point, he plays quite a few games where he has absolutely zero impact. He could use another year or two developing in the Eredivisie or another less demanding league I think.

Edited by Dundalis

The last speculative piece I've read is that the only club to have put in a bid are Borussia Dortmund. The bid was rejected and it was £19.5 million. Shakhtar want £25 million but it must be offered in the next 10 days.

Apparently Anzhi Makalaka are interested, but Mhkitayrans prefered choice is Liverpool.

No way we should pay 25, give them a little more than Dortmund's, 22. Let them fuck off if they reject it.

Sounds like a case of filling a page with something fans can easily believe but has no foundation right now, but thought i'd post it anyway.

Rumours emerged early on Friday morning, via Sky Italy, that Tottenham are now looking to muscle in on Liverpool’s move for Armenian midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Liverpool had been heavily linked with the free scoring Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder last week, with reports even suggesting Mkhitaryan was heading to Anfield a medical.

Alas for Liverpool, those rumours failed to come to fruition and the future of Henrikh Mkhitaryan looks set to be a running transfer saga this summer.

Earlier this week, Borussia Dortmund joined the race as Shakhtar admitted they had no idea where Mkhitaryan was.

Anzhi Makhachkala are also thought to be interested in a goal scoring midfielder with a a release clause of €23m.

Tottenham are believed to have made contact with Italian super-agent Mino Raiola via the new director of football at White Hart Lane, Franco Baldini.

You would imagine Sky Italy would have good contacts with at least one of Raiola or Baldini. Probably the former.

Whether Tottenham will spend (relatively) big on another midfielder with their move for Corinthians midfielder Paulinho all but done, seems unlikely.

Whilst Liverpool now have plenty of competition for Mkhitaryan, it does appear the Armenian is keen to play Premier League football.

This happens every summer, the club gives it targets to the press when we are weeks of off getting them and not far in negotiations.

You would have thought the club would have learned to keep things quiet until it was very close to competition as these long drawn out transfers make us look bad in terms of negotiation and the price gets driven up.

This saga is particularly annoying though as I have seen regular stories that fee has been agreed and he's on way for medical only for it to turn out to be bollocks.

Hope this gets sorted out soon one way or another,same goes for Suarez saga.

Yes, I wish the club hadn't come out and said that they were interested in signing him.

Oh, that's right, they didn't.

Turbomong.

This happens every summer, the club gives it targets to the press when we are weeks of off getting them and not far in negotiations.

You would have thought the club would have learned to keep things quiet until it was very close to competition as these long drawn out transfers make us look bad in terms of negotiation and the price gets driven up.

This saga is particularly annoying though as I have seen regular stories that fee has been agreed and he's on way for medical only for it to turn out to be bollocks.

Hope this gets sorted out soon one way or another,same goes for Suarez saga.

buellernaris-26235144Wr98ORX2.gif

If this drags on until Sunday, then I want this twat off our radar.

I think he's conducted himself like a cunt so far.

Eriksen is top class. Go watch YT vids of Victor Fisher, and then be amazed when the player who staggers you the most is the bloke continually finding brilliant passes to put chances on a plate for him. That's Eriksen.