You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Just made us some gazpacho. She didn’t want warm soup but neither of us have an appetite and we need some goodness. Bloody lovely 

BCC4A6A3-20DC-4390-91B7-DCC710D5409E.jpeg

FED6F7DB-D08C-4A91-9DF4-B4C8E38543D4.jpeg

Cold soup eaters make me suspicious. I put them in the same category as non drinkers and men who have no interest in the unmentionable. 

I’m sure they could be upstanding citizens but they probably aren’t. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Cold soup eaters make me suspicious. I put them in the same category as non drinkers and men who have no interest in the unmentionable. 

I've made quite a bit, jump in the car and come and try some. You'll change your mind. Bring the lesbo's. Or the missus and I'll stick The Sweeney on. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Agreed. It’s disgusting and very much deviant behaviour.

• Upvote 1

There’s a little Italian place near us in an unpromising part of town but seemingly always packed when we drive past. We decided to try it out for lunch today, £14 each for 3 courses. Absolutely brilliant, huge courses, fantastic food and only £44 for 2 including  a bottle of red wine. There’s a reason it’s packed. Mrs Willard banned me from taking pictures of my food so I got the menu on the way out. That’s me in reflection. 

EB6AE577-BE58-4B2A-AA2F-3073FD6CE74E.jpeg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

There’s a little Italian place near us in an unpromising part of town but seemingly always packed when we drive past. We decided to try it out for lunch today, £14 each for 3 courses. Absolutely brilliant, huge courses, fantastic food and only £44 for 2 including  a bottle of red wine. There’s a reason it’s packed. Mrs Willard banned me from taking pictures of my food so I got the menu on the way out. That’s me in reflection. 

The baked aubergine and homemade Tiramisu sound nice but that menu is pretty shit. A distinct lack of pasta dishes and no pizza. Shove it up your bum.

10 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Chicken wings and pork for me. 

The zesty lemon tart sounds like something that would be on offer in stockbroker belt Surrey. I’ll have two. 

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Chicken wings and pork for me. 

The zesty lemon tart sounds like something that would be on offer in stockbroker belt Surrey. I’ll have two. 

I had the Cannelonni, Mrs Willard the calves liver. She made the better choice, very tasty. 

Ps I’ve had a few zesty tarts in my life and they’re good fun for about an hour but a nightmare in the longer term. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

That looks like my type of place, plenty of choices and cheap.

All looks quite tasty, Willard, although I can’t be the only one wondering what constitutes the unpromising part of town in your neck of the woods

Brownie points to the restaurant for their commendable dedication of trying to typeface and space their own lunch menu on notepad, that used to be so beloved of all small restaurants everywhere.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

All looks quite tasty, Willard, although I can’t be the only one wondering what constitutes the unpromising part of town in your neck of the woods

Brownie points to the restaurant for their commendable dedication of trying to typeface and space their own lunch menu on notepad, that used to be so beloved of all small restaurants everywhere.

Ha ha. Good spot re the typeface.

The restaurant is in a tired parade of shops that’s mainly takeaways and charity shops. That said, there’s a shop that only sells old cricket books. Big piles of musty Pre war Wilsdens fading away in the winter sun. You never see anybody go in. I’m convinced it’s actually the entrance to a secret underground Mi5 bunker like something out of James Bond.

Mrs Willard thinks it’s just a bookshop but what the fuck does she know ? 

FCC9281A-8B63-41A7-A8A1-1B97A4EDEB1A.jpeg

1FCA1A85-2785-472F-A559-737CBBBE9214.jpeg

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Ha ha. Good spot re the typeface.

The restaurant is in a tired parade of shops that’s mainly takeaways and charity shops. That said, there’s a shop that only sells old cricket books. Big piles of musty Pre war Wilsdens fading away in the winter sun. You never see anybody go in. I’m convinced it’s actually the entrance to a secret underground Mi5 bunker like something out of James Bond.

Mrs Willard thinks it’s just a bookshop but what the fuck does she know ? 

FCC9281A-8B63-41A7-A8A1-1B97A4EDEB1A.jpeg

1FCA1A85-2785-472F-A559-737CBBBE9214.jpeg

Have they got Winnie the Poo? 

6 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Far too much on that menu.

Gordon Ramsey would have a fucking fit.