You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

No way will FSG give him a single penny to spend. I can imagine their response.

"You've already spent £120M, do something with those players.

They could always go for the proper retro approach and tell him to focus on training and coaching his team.

• Upvote 2

Rodgers' mistakes are there for everyone to see. And with his wages and the profile of the job it's fair enough to say that he doesn't deserve more time or should be prepared to take responsibility.

The question isn't what Rodgers deserve or not. It's what's best for the club. And I seriously doubt giving Rodgers the boot and bringing in someone else will do us any good.

• Upvote 1

I'd give him another season based on the following criteria:

- if he swallows his pride and takes on a defensive coach.

- if he accepts he has no control over transfers.

If he can't accept those terms (which he won't) then he can fuck off as he's proven to be an absolute disaster in those two areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're taking out his best period as manager and saying without it he'd look shit. Do that with any manager and it looks bad,

I dont agree about the defence costing us the title either. Palace we imploded yes but what other games did we lose because we couldnt defend? The game which decided it was Chelsea and that was because we A) werent good enough to break them down and

Made me a bit mad when you have no outright striker on the pitch, but one on the bench.

Yeah Mario may not be hitting the net, but you could see in the second half him on the pitch caused concern for the mancs defence.

Surely you would start at least one recognised striker rather than none

You did see their back line?

We made phil jones look like tony adams. Carrick starred as franco baresi with some other dud as maldini presumably.

When balotelli plays he brings the best out of any back line.

Reading this thread is depressing.  I genuinely thought he would have more backing than this.  We've just lost our best player which is out of his hands and we had to bring a lot of players in because the depth of the squad was laughable.  Integrating the players has obviously been difficult.  It's always this way when you sign a lot of players.  Add that to the fact we've lost Suarez and everyone should be expecting this to happen.  The answer isn't to just bin the manager.

He's quite clearly a good manager.  He might not have won any trophies yet but football isn't like that any more.  Generally the only clubs that win trophies these days are managers of the big clubs or some complete fluke at a smaller club and you wouldn't hire your manager based on one of those flukes.  He's a forward thinking manager who is up to date and can get the best out of players.  He's having a tough time of it at the moment and you've got hysterical fannies kicking off all over the show.

Losing to United away with an offside goal and where you dominated a lot of the game creating a load of chances doesn't make you a dead man walking.  We aren't going to finish top 4 so I think people need to accept that now.  The players can't and shouldn't but as fans people need to wake up and realise this is the position we are in until we get in the champions league every year.

• Upvote 3

We signed balotelli.

Won nothing in three seasons.

Cant play more than one game a week.

Has the worst cup record ever bar hodgson.

Shit in europe.

Signs duds plays duds then loans them out.

Concedes an extra ten goals every season he is here.

Is comfortable with the committee set up.

Dyes his teeth.

Distraction whether that be public humiliation excercises when you sign mario havin an affair or your sons in court for rape it dont help.

A dm to you is like god to richard dawkins.

Signing a goalie called mignolet

Forcing reina out.

Promoting and playing brad jones pre watershed.

Content with fsgs charles dickens scrooge contracts to force out high earning winners to be replace with mediocre players on slightly less.

Clapping as henry releases a letter to fans telling us theyve eliminated boom and bust and wont overpay for shite ever again.

Looking at spurs smugly for blowing over 100m and not being title challengers.

Never winning anything and being compared to anyone from jose to shanks via sir alec lois vall halla wenger and pellrgrino despite having less medals than 000000.1.

Relies on a system that needs messi ronaldo and pele to get a hat trick each every game to outscore the other team.

The borinification calcification transfer strategy thingy implemention ten million a pop and two goals in three years.

• Upvote 1

rodgers_envelopes.jpg

"I think there’s twenty five players who will let us down this year - the cause, the fight, everything. And I have written them down already.

"Now my point to you as players - and staff - is make sure you are not the one in the envelope, because you are so important.

"If we are going to achieve, to be the best we can, we need to be together. But I think there’s twenty five, maximum, who will let us down. Make sure you’re not the one."

• Upvote 1

Guest davelfc

He's quite clearly a good manager.  He might not have won any trophies yet but football isn't like that any more.  Generally the only clubs that win trophies these days are managers of the big clubs or some complete fluke at a smaller club and you wouldn't hire your manager based on one of those flukes.  He's a forward thinking manager who is up to date and can get the best out of players.  He's having a tough time of it at the moment and you've got hysterical fannies kicking off all over the show.

Is he a winner, without having won anything but a winner all the same, should we have a wall mural like the one in Taff's Tavern?

Shit we've become the blue shite. 

• Upvote 2

It's a few weeks from Xmas, we've played well once.

That is probably not too far off the mark, although I'd suggest maybe more than once we've played well (three times).

My comments were to do with yesterday only.  United are no great shakes at all IMHO.  We had chances and didn't take them.

I would not advocate the sacking of Rodgers.

rodgers_envelopes.jpg

"I think there’s twenty five players who will let us down this year - the cause, the fight, everything. And I have written them down already.

"Now my point to you as players - and staff - is make sure you are not the one in the envelope, because you are so important.

"If we are going to achieve, to be the best we can, we need to be together. But I think there’s twenty five, maximum, who will let us down. Make sure you’re not the one."

Joe Allen - "Hang on boss there's only 25 of us here".

Rodger's "26" *points to self confidently" 

Reading this thread is depressing.  I genuinely thought he would have more backing than this.  We've just lost our best player which is out of his hands and we had to bring a lot of players in because the depth of the squad was laughable.  Integrating the players has obviously been difficult.  It's always this way when you sign a lot of players.  Add that to the fact we've lost Suarez and everyone should be expecting this to happen.  The answer isn't to just bin the manager.

Losing to United away with an offside goal and where you dominated a lot of the game creating a load of chances doesn't make you a dead man walking.  We aren't going to finish top 4 so I think people need to accept that now.  The players can't and shouldn't but as fans people need to wake up and realise this is the position we are in until we get in the champions league every year.

People like to rant, that's one of the reasons this site is here, and is so good.  Rodgers has not shown any of the characteristics of a good manager this season.  Was last season a flash in the pan, due to the stars aligning for him?   That's why I couldn't quite buy into the hyperbolic praise he got last year.  I knew this year was going to prove where he stood.  

He had to replace a world class footballer, though he would have the funds with which to do, and he would have to form an effective way of playing which would leverage the strengths of his new squad.

He has bought badly, and he has failed to find a way of getting the most out of the players.  Organisationally, we are a mess.  Some players are being run into the ground, others not given enough game time.  Integrating isn't always difficult.  Look at Southampton.  The bottom line is he's made a right pig's arse of this season, and there are no signs (yet) of recovery, and no cause for optimism.   

Plenty of people are desperate for him to succeed, to show anything that could indicate he has a plan, or that he knows what he's doing.  All he is doing at the moment is a fairly convincing impression of a desperate man thrashing out in all directions with his pronouncements and his team selections.  

• Upvote 4

I'd give him another season based on the following criteria:

- if he swallows his pride and takes on a defensive coach.

- if he accepts he has no control over transfers.

If he can't accept those terms (which he won't) then he can fuck off as he's proven to be an absolute disaster in those two areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking on a defensive coach is the biggest load of shit ever. Unless any team functions as a whole properly, then it won't make a blind bit of difference.

A lot of LFC fans suffer from manager-centric thinking, which prevents them from seeing the obvious. Yes, it really was Suarez - his goals, his assists, his commitment, his passion and his absolute fucking leadership on the pitch.

It wasn't Rodgers. This is Rodgers.

A lot of LFC fans suffer from manager-centric thinking, which prevents them from seeing the obvious. Yes, it really was Suarez - his goals, his assists, his commitment, his passion and his absolute fucking leadership on the pitch.

It wasn't Rodgers. This is Rodgers.

Increasingly, it's looking like your diagnosis may be correct doctor.  

People like to rant, that's one of the reasons this site is here, and is so good.  Rodgers has not shown any of the characteristics of a good manager this season.  Was last season a flash in the pan, due to the stars aligning for him?   That's why I couldn't quite buy into the hyperbolic praise he got last year.  I knew this year was going to prove where he stood.  

He had to replace a world class footballer, though he would have the funds with which to do, and he would have to form an effective way of playing which would leverage the strengths of his new squad.

He has bought badly, and he has failed to find a way of getting the most out of the players.  Organisationally, we are a mess.  Some players are being run into the ground, others not given enough game time.  Integrating isn't always difficult.  Look at Southampton.  The bottom line is he's made a right pig's arse of this season, and there are no signs (yet) of recovery, and no cause for optimism.   

Plenty of people are desperate for him to succeed, to show anything that could indicate he has a plan, or that he knows what he's doing.  All he is doing at the moment is a fairly convincing impression of a desperate man thrashing out in all directions with his pronouncements and his team selections.  

Sums it up for me. 

I'd be fucking ecstatic if it turned round, but theres just no signs.

It's becoming a stock line just to outline where you stand but I'd give him till the end of the season barring a complete and utter collapse.

But I don't say that in any genuine belief we'll improve in time to salvage something from the season.

We will improve, having Sturridge back will definitely improve us, but it'll probably be too late to finish beyond 6th/7th as we've seen with previous years when we've improved after a terrible first half season. 

I do have a sneaky weird feeling about the Europa League though, but thats probably wishful thinking. 

• Upvote 1